665cf5aeefe0b

665cf5aef06cb
1 Guest is here.

Topic: In-Game voice messages Read 60660 times  

665cf5aef0a7dCitadelInsect

665cf5aef0b04
Hello.

First, I would like to say I love this game and the first one. I played and finished SS1 (the diskette version) when it was released, in an old 386 computer back in the 90's, and recently I got the second part. It wasn't released at Spain (the country where I live) but there is a Spanish fan translation patch of all in-game written text. But still I have some trouble to understand all the voice triggers of the game that don't have a corresponding log/email (ghosts, XERXES, SHODAN, The Many...) So, Is there any website where this messages are "written"? I don't have any problem with reading English, so this would help me a lot understanding the game's plot.

Thank you and sorry for my English.
665cf5aef0db2
This page has at least SHODAN's messages. I'm not aware of a site that has the ones by The Many.

Could you tell me where to get the Spanish translation? We're collecting translations here and we don't have a Spanish one yet. :)

665cf5aef0f3eCitadelInsect

665cf5aef0f8d
I already knew that page. It also contains a couple of ghosts cutscenes. Not enough but thanks a lot anyway. The link for Spanish translation is this:

http://academia.clandlan.net/?page=academia/view&id=1

This web doesn't allow direct links. You must press the link located in option "c" of installation instructions.

Instrucciones de instalación:

a- Instala...
b- Descarga...
c- Descarga la Traducción de System Shock 2
d-....

The game must have the official patch. And the translation patch also includes the model patch "rebirth beta 1" (not the complemented one)

As a bonus here are the first two video cutscenes with Spanish subtitles and translated in-video text:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=92HOMSZX
« Last Edit: 02. November 2007, 15:58:02 by CitadelInsect »
665cf5aef1183
This page that Kolya had pointed is broken

i i am spanish speaker, i would love if would have an spanish audio pack somewhere, or make some if dont exist .. there was a group of people what tried the idea on elotrolado.net

Esta pagina que Kolya indico esta mal

soy hispano parlante, me encantaria si hubiera un paquete de audio español en algun lugar, o hacer uno si no existe .. habia un grupo de gente que probo la idea en elotrolado.net

there a texts/interface trasnlation pack .. check this topic, post all interface translation related things there

hay un paquete de traduccion de los textos/la interfaz .. revisa este tema, publica todo lo relacionado con la traduccion de la interfaz ahi
« Last Edit: 10. August 2010, 20:10:50 by AT-HE »
665cf5aef1300
i have an idea

texts (interface + audio logs) and cinematics (avi) can be translated .. but there are ingame speech with no audio logs

if speech can't be translated, maybe ingame messages can be triggered to emulate "subtitles"

tengo una idea

se pueden traducir textos (interfaz + registros de audio) y cinematicas (avi) .. pero hay dialogos sin registro de audio en el juego

si no se puede traducir los dialogos, talvez se puedan disparar mensajes en el juego para emular "subtitulos"

Image: http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6667/ss2messagescreenshot.jpg

665cf5aef15f4unn_atropos

665cf5aef1648
Wouldn't it be much simpler(and more atmospheric) to replace the soundfiles of this speeches?
For example, we already have all the messages of the many written down here.
So you could just translate them, search for a bunch of spanish Shock fans to help you voicing them and replace the soundfiles.
Ole! :p
665cf5aef1747
If you compare the voice work in some of the FMs to the original game you'll see it isn't that easy to create authentic sounding material, due to limitations in microphones, amateur speakers and the work involved in good SFX.

665cf5aef181dunn_atropos

665cf5aef1867
True that!
Stil, voices(well done) would be preferable to subtitles^^.
Voicing would be a big project. The many's massages consist of doubled, slow downed voices, maybe with some echo. Relativley "easy" to make.
Than there are several announcements by Xerxes. To get these right would be hard stuff.
Not to speak of enemies like the droids, the grunts and the midwifes :coder:
665cf5aef1b35
one thing for another ..

i say maybe will be simpler to find a way to trigger messages to emulate subtitles because this can be done by just one techie person

on the other hand maybe it will be tenchnically simplier to voicing, but it transfers the difficult to recruit people and create the project and manage it

i still preffer spanish voices, i'd love to collaborate doubling a couple characters, i have a versatile voice and a fairly good mic, then i can send it to somebody for editing :)
.. but if anyone find the way how to trigger text messages it will be faster

by the way .. where are the original speech data in game in order to replace it ?
- self response: at <ss2 folder>\Data\res\snd.crf | snd2.crf .. they are extractable with 7-zip (seems zip files with changed extension)

i found original cast voice actors for ss2 at IMBD, to distribute tasks if project is born

-----

una cosa por otra

digo que talvez sea mas simple encontrar una forma de disparar mensajes para emular subtitulos porque esto puede ser hecho por una sola persona que sea tecnica

por otro lado talvez sea tecnicamente mas simple agregar voces, pero eso trasnfiere la dificultar a reclutar gente y crear el proyecto y administrarlo

igual prefiero las voces en español, me encantaria colaborar doblando algunos personajes, tengo una voz versatil y un microfono mas o menos bueno, despues puedo enviarlas a alguien para la edicion :)
.. pero si alguien encuentra la forma como disparar los mensajes de texto seria mas rapido

a proposito .. ¿donde estan los datos originales de las voces en el juego para reemplazarlos?
- auto respuesta: en <carpeta ss2>\Data\res\snd.crf | snd2.crf .. son extraibles con 7-zip (parecen archivos zip con la extension cambiada)

encontre a los actores que hicieron las voces originales de ss2 en IMBD, para repartir tareas si el proyecto resulta
« Last Edit: 20. August 2010, 04:53:37 by AT-HE »
1 Guest is here.
I still really like the idea of being able to eat monkey brains though. ~ZylonBane
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665cf5aef2f00