662f98957993c

662f989579f57
1 Guest is here.

662f98957a663teknicalissue

662f98957a6db
Greetings!

When I was younger, I played SS1 and SS2 which is the reason I ended up in the IT field today. Lately, I've been doing some experimenting with Virtual Reality and was instantly brought back to memories of System Shock. Due to this nostalgic episode, I've decided that I'm going to take lead on a new SS game. Granted, I'm aware that there are a multitude of legalities involved as Star and EA own the rights to the game of which I've decided that I would name the game differently but still retain SHODAN and Xerces for my SS revamp story line (I'll worry about the legalities.. Let's not pollute the thread with copyright).

That being said, This remake will not be a simple 2D remake. I have plans on making this game compatible with the Oculus Rift VR goggles. For the gaming Engine I will be using Unity which is powered by the Unity Engine.

Before I start truly dedicating time and money to this, I want to see how many people are truly interested in my revamp of the System Shock Saga. If I get enough interest, I will be creating a demo for you guys a long with updates in this thread (Mods: Feel free to Stickie)

If anyone wants to be a part of this project; Let me know as I'm looking for people who have experience with Blender and Unity. 

Spread the word!

I've also added SS to the list of projects in my blog: http://thecodingpatch.blogspot.com/2014/09/system-shock-3-anybody.html
« Last Edit: 28. September 2014, 15:07:27 by teknicalissue »

662f98957a8f7voodoo47

662f98957a949
SS2 already has an updated engine (NewDark), and a game overhaul patch/mod is going to be released soon. SS3 by one man is pretty much impossible, but anyone delivering a working SS1 engine replacement will be a hero, people have been crying for that for the past 10+ years or so.

the last one looks promising though - my suggestion is, if you want a way to show your skill, helping that guy out would be a nice one.
« Last Edit: 27. September 2014, 22:03:37 by voodoo47 »
Acknowledged by 2 members: Kolya, Colonel SFF

662f98957aa92Denhonator

662f98957aafb
I'll just agree with voodoo here.
662f98957b0bb
For the gaming Engine I will be using Unity which is powered by the Unreal Engine.
Since when is Unity powered by the Unreal Engine?

662f98957b19dJudicator

662f98957b1e9
Firstly welcome teknicalissue, I think that around here there're a lot of people interested in your project for sure.
What i'd like to know better is your vision of this project: you talk about a new game, a remake, revamped storyline.
So what are you planning to do? A enhanced remake? A reboot? A mashup?
What about the plot?
Are you going to make all the assets?
662f98957b7a6
SS2 already has an updated engine (NewDark), and a game overhaul patch/mod is going to be released soon. SS3 by one man is pretty much impossible, but anyone delivering a working SS1 engine replacement will be a hero, people have been crying for that for the past 10+ years or so.

the last one looks promising though - my suggestion is, if you want a way to show your skill, helping that guy out would be a nice one.

Greetings Voodo47,

I'm aware that SS has the "newDark" engine but what I'm envisioning is getting this up and running with the Unity engine and developing this as a Virtual Reality Game which will be compatible with regular monitors for those not interested.  Check out the Unity Engine here (http://unity3d.com/) and check out the Virtual Reality Goggles here (http://www.oculus.com/)

Quote by Olfred
Since when is Unity powered by the Unreal Engine?

This was a typo, I meant to say powered by the Unity Engine and ended up with the Unreal Engine

Quote by Judicator
Firstly welcome teknicalissue, I think that around here there're a lot of people interested in your project for sure.
What i'd like to know better is your vision of this project: you talk about a new game, a remake, revamped storyline.
So what are you planning to do? A enhanced remake? A reboot? A mashup?
What about the plot?
Are you going to make all the assets?

Thanks for the welcome!

I want to make a new game that will be based off the SS1 story line. I believe I saw someone do something similar with Gary's mod where the game will take place in the Citadel as SHODAN was taking over. It will focus on the last remaining survivors and their last fight. I am aware that I can't recreate SHODAN's voice and will have to figure out a way of explaining the difference in my SHODAN's voice and the SS1 SHODAN.

Keep in mind that I'll be using the Unity engine for this so it will be a huge update to the graphics.

As far as Voodoo's comment is concerned about this being impossible for one man to create this game, I acknowledge that.  I'm looking for people to help me with this and donate some of their time as I will be donating some of mine. As one man though, I will try to create a demo by myself. Something Short, Sweet, and delicious to gain more interest and hopefully getting help for the entire game.

662f98957b8b6ZylonBane

662f98957b902
So you're NOT going to, as the thread title states, recreate System Shock.

662f98957b9afvoodoo47

662f98957b9fa
we have seen way too much pretty SS1 medsci screenshots, followed up by nothing, so my recommendation would be - do something small, something you can get done fairly easily and release it in a working condition.
Acknowledged by: Kolya
662f98957bb0f
I just read an arricle on Polygon about the revamp. I'm a huge fan of the series and played through the original maybe a dozen times. I just have one BIG wish: do not by any chance change the soundtrack completely, it's one of the most important aspects in my eyes of the overall experience.
662f98957bc0f
you are requesting help?

and how am i able to do almost everything alone lacking of many programing and coding skills ?

i dont understand your point or else...

btw... greetings from citadel station dude.

1 Guest is here.
The legacy of the Radium Girls lives on through the ripples that their deaths created in labor law and our scientific understanding of the effects of radioactivity.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
662f98957cd06