6667a88177983

6667a881781a0
1 Guest is here.

Topic: My test of ADaoB mod Read 1236 times  

6667a88178cdcRainalkar

6667a88178d4d
- This is the first time I played the game relying solely on QBRMs. I never saved position, except on Command and Rickenbacker, where it’s actually possible to die before you can reach QBRM and it’s game over. This I hold quite stupid, so this is my first suggestion: if possible, if a player dies on a deck without QBRM checked, he should be resurrected at the last checked QBRM on any other deck. I don’t know if this is in any way possible to do, of course, and I don’t know how to solve BotM. I think that there are more spots like this in the game (Hydroponics etc).

I had these mods on:
Tactical Pistol replacement (really good)
SHTUP (just genious)
Eldron PSI-Amp (phenomenal)
Rebirth
(I like the Midwife, the Rumbler, Cybrorgs...). I don't like:
Zombie Wrench/Shotgun. They look too mean. I always imagined them to be twisted between the Many and their supressed self, and I don't see it here. Arcaniac is better imo, but the best is still the original ;) BTW, If I wanted to implement two things from Arcaniac, the Shotgun, and the Zombies into Rebirth, how do I do that?
And ofcourse,
Straylight's ADaoB v0.2.6.
Zygoptera's Ultimate Spawn
Hi-Torque Med/Sci changes
BotM multiplayer respaw

Difficulty is Impossible.

Standard 6, Hack >4, Invisibility, Heavy as high as possible (old cookie-cutter build)
- Navy is by far the best for this build because you get Hack immediately, and he gets most in CM cost from three year training (72), while Marine gets (67). Imbalance, but nothing drastical.
- I really like the change with the Assault Rifle. It’s quite possible to repair it and use it in Engineering, and place some points elsewhere (Hack). However, the second one is rather close, so it isn’t really a big deal. I would place the second Rifle even later, but have no idea where. I think that it would suffice to have it somewhere in the middle of Ops and Rec, heavily guarded. Since it is the prime weapon of Standard, it’s equip able far too soon, compared to others. Even with changes Repair is still rather useless. Funny thing is that I had about 50 apersonnel bullets at the end w/o buying any, and I was always short of apiercing bullets, which I bought about 40-50.
- I also don’t like the absurd amount of Shotguns and Pistols on first two decks: more than enough not to use a Maintenance Tool ever, especially if going for Repair 4 for Assault Rifle on Eng. Pretty please, remove at least half of them. Perhaps even all Shotguns until Eng. If you want one, repair it. Also, I think that they are both a tad to powerful, but not much. The other option is to add another requirement to shotguns, say Strength 4.
- I always thought that Hack is so overpowered… It is – if you save your game. But without saving, hacking becomes really something you have to consider at times/return later when there are too many ICE nodes. It’s still a must have skill, though.
- My map was broken in Science. My position didn’t show, and the minimap didn’t follow my movement.
- I recommend, again, if possible, that the poorly visible (on high-res) letters marking objects on the map be replaced with larger font.
- Ejected casings would be a nice add-on to this mod. I know that it already exists, but I didn't find the version compatible with ADaoB 0.2.6
- Make the really important researches (Rumbler, Reaver, WormMind etc.) more expensive, say Research 5 or 6 (that is 4 or 5 plus implant).
- No one in his sane mind would go for Hack 6 just because of those several high level crates with nothing good in it. It isn’t even too useful vs Shodan since it takes too much time to hack. So, I recommend that you place a proper reward in the crates: whole bunch of nanites, perhaps even an ICE-pick in each (3 total). If kept till the end, the ICE-picks can be used to easier fight Shodan. This is connected with other proposal – make Shodan stronger. I know that the head has measly 125 HP, and I think that the Avatar has 100? So improve the Head (Pop’s mod has 666 HP, but the mod in whole is too drastical imo, however it is about difficulty, and ADaoB is about balance: still the effort is amazing). I don’t know about shields HP’s, but they should also be improved a lot. It is the final boss for heaven sakes. It took me 4-5 Disruption grenades (which are sickly powerful and BOUGHTABLE) to take her down.
- How about adding a possibility that corpses can be looted for CM’s? Of course, nothing too much, only on higher decks, and with low probability? It would add the random factor in the game. Naturally, randomly spawning enemies could never be looted for CM’s. I am not sure is this already the case? If so, neglect this part.
- Turrets health should be somewhat improved, at least on later decks.
- Nerf Photonic Redirection. A lot.  I just don’t know how ;) save tempering with the costs / time that lasts.
- Rumblers are dangerous only if they’re close, but every bullet that hits them stops them for a time, giving you enough time to calmly shoot those 4/5 bullets with modified Standard 4 Rifle. If possible, they shouldn’t be able to be stopped like this. I would make them faster also.
- Grenade launcher: I understand the logic behind the changes, but this was always a supplementary tree: a point here is cheap, and gives too much benefit for the cost. I understand that it’s the first heavy weapon (which is ridiculous, I think that Stasis Generator would prove much better gamewise. Perhaps a proposal?), so it can stay Heavy 1, but I would like to see Strength 5 also. Yes, 5 is a lot, but not so with implant. Or, Heavy 4, but Repair 1. This would harden combining it with other weapons, considering it’s power. This way every other tree combines best with it: Energy + grenades is I think much more prudent than Energy + Exotic, but I’ll test this.

Now I'll try Energy + Exotic to see how it works. I can tell you now that EMP rifle on Hydro isn't a big deal because of sickly Maintenance 6 requirement. But I don't want to jump without saying hop.
Also, OS upgrades should be drasticaly changed. Some of them are utterly useless; after I finish the next run I'll comment that as well.

6667a88178e68wcarnation

6667a88178eba
I had always assumed ADoaB was more or less a fan-made patch to the game, and not a specific challenge improvement or anything like that.

It fixes up oddities and problems left in the game.

If you'd like to make a mega difficult mode like you're describing, why not make a mod yourself? A lot of your suggestions seem to be statistical changes.

6667a88178f50Rainalkar

6667a88178f9c
Unlikely, since I would have to learn everything.
1 Guest is here.
This is it!!! I dont care if I've said that 642 times over the past years. This is it!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6667a8817a1c0