662bf8eba136f

662bf8eba17aa
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 TF's Secmod 3 Read 130968 times  

662bf8eba275dThiefsieFool

662bf8eba27d9
°gamesys °mis °weapon °mesh °texture °motion °obj °string °sound °veteran °DML

-----------------------------WHATS NEW IN 3.0

- An entire new level has been added to the Hydroponics Deck, it is accessible through the Maintenance Access visible on the map and must be completed in order to finish Hydro
   - an Oxygen Meter has been added to the interface to serve you in this level and others
   - there's some tips at the bottom of the readme if you have trouble with this level..

- SS1 style Wire Puzzles have been added throughout the game (you can break and recreate the correct combination to use the circuit as a button repeatedly)

- Headshots have been added, they are possible only with the modified Sharpshooter OS upgrade

- Even more OS upgrades have been buffed, including Pack Rat (adds extra strength) and Power Psi (damage enemies as soon as you touch them)

- Many new sequences, scares and events added to the levels

- Modifications interface and balance improved, 3 modifications can be applied in total, a few special pre-modified weapons can be found

- Reduced size of weapon clips, making it so you actually reload in combat and want to increase clip capacity with mods

- Overall improved balance, functionality and looks, difficulty is also better with Easy being much easier than before
    - Localized Pyro makes you immune to Protocol Droids again, the power is balanced in cost/duration instead

- Restored the Many cutscene in Engineering, it is now skippable via right-click

- Expanded "crafting" system with new combinations

- Added stuff that was always supposed to be in the mod, like hacked keypad graphics, crate opening animation and the Natural Selection Smartgun model

- Deck name displayed when you first enter a deck, same tech as the mission year texts

- Changed codes in several areas of the game, read the logs' text carefully

- If you're looking for a card in Recreation, it's on a window sill

- Multiplayer is still not fixed, I recommend sticking to singleplayer

- Upscaling the UI or playing at a low resolution can lead to custom UI panels (like the one for gun mods) being obscured

- It's best to have Secmod active with the lowest priority under other graphical mods like SHTUP/Rebirth

- NewDark v2.45+ is required

- Blue Mod Manager recommended

- Needs SS2tool 26feb2023 update, you need to repatch with the tool if you are running anything older.

-----------------------------

- Secmod_RealSG is a Secmod compatible version of RealSG. Load it as a standalone mod.

- Secmod_Rebirth_RealSG is a Secmod with Rebirth compatible version of RealSG. Load it as a standalone mod.
« Last Edit: 30. May 2023, 06:49:37 by ThiefsieFool »
Acknowledged by 3 members: Nameless Voice, ThiefsieFool, hemebond

662bf8eba29e9voodoo47

662bf8eba2a44
*SCP raises a small angry fist.*

oy ZB, now we'll have to go steal more stuff.
Acknowledged by 2 members: Nameless Voice, ThiefsieFool
662bf8eba3008
- Modifications interface and balance improved, 3 mods can be applied in total...

:awesome:
Acknowledged by: ThiefsieFool
662bf8eba3162
Awesome! Thanks TF! 

*loads up SecMod3*
*dies*

:carnage:

662bf8eba3286remyabel

662bf8eba32dc
Wow this update is insanely impressive.

The hacking mini-game is a cool throwback to SS1.

The wrench look and animation is AWESOME. I'm also in love with the pistol. Unsure if this is a bug or intentional, but the blood on the wrench is a nice touch.

The scripted events with the hybrids are a nice touch. I found the hybrid with the battery to be hilarious.

Sometimes the mouse doesn't work right in the menus (it doesn't "register" a click and the cursor "twitches".)

Edit: wrench seems to clip through terrain.

Shotgun does splash damage now?  :happyjoy:

Minor oversight: the shotgun you find in med sci is loaded with 6 bullets.
« Last Edit: 25. October 2014, 04:50:32 by remyabel »

662bf8eba3415voodoo47

662bf8eba3469
I gave it a quick run, had BIG issues killing the first worms with the new wrench animation. will double check later.

//ok, important note - the maps are not compatible with ss2tool 6.0 dml set, but the maps are close enough to the originals to pass the dml fingerprinting and the game will load them. so the user needs to either delete the misdml folder, run Secmod as FM, or a qvar "scplevel" with a value of "1" needs to be added to all the maps.

also, shattered glass shards spin way too much, and the wrench animation feels odd at times. and while the mechanics are impressive (read: f*cking impressive), there was no upgrade to the lighting (still 16bit - feels like a bit of a waste), and no touches to (bad) texturing and (bad) obj placement. I have to say that after running around the silky smooth SCP maps for the last couple of months, seeing all the unfixed stuff again was a harsh experience.
« Last Edit: 24. October 2014, 18:00:38 by voodoo47 »

662bf8eba3561Nameless Voice

662bf8eba35ad
A lot of the SecMod maps are still stripped - it might be possible to copy over the terrain brushes from SCP once it's released.

662bf8eba3668voodoo47

662bf8eba36b5
that would also allow carving of proper niches for wall drawers - they look quite weird sticking out of the walls.

also, that overcharged laspistol model absolutely needs to go to the full Tacticool package - TF, hope you won't mind.

662bf8eba3760remyabel

662bf8eba37b5
Hm I believe I may have run into a glitch. I frobbed the battery off of the hybrid rather than looting it from his inventory. After going to the recharger, I noticed the battery isn't in my inventory.
Acknowledged by: ThiefsieFool

662bf8eba3870Witness

662bf8eba38bd
Just started a new playthrough, will let you know if I find any bugs.  One question, did you add something to the roof of the shop in the intro area?  It looks like there's a crate up there, but I can't figure out how to get there :(

662bf8eba396aremyabel

662bf8eba39b6
For anyone who's wondering, this appears to be the crate he's talking about.
[crate.png expired]

662bf8eba3a60Witness

662bf8eba3ab8
Yep, that's the one.  Sigh, if only this was Deus Ex, I could get up there easy.  Parkour in the Dark engine is tricky.

662bf8eba3cb5remyabel

662bf8eba3d0e
Also managed to find this strange unfinished(?) area.

Anyway, here's the rooftop. It appears to be unchanged (from the last update.)

Had no idea you could push the sign off the roof.
[interesting.png expired]
[rooftop.png expired]
[sign.png expired]
« Last Edit: 24. October 2014, 22:28:46 by remyabel »

662bf8eba3d9fvoodoo47

662bf8eba3dea
yeah, earth has quite a few of those.
662bf8eba3f4d
Yummy... 8)

I think SecMod 3 ought to have its own thread.

...or at least be updated on the OP.
« Last Edit: 24. October 2014, 23:57:26 by Vae »

662bf8eba41e1ThiefsieFool

662bf8eba4230
Thanks for the feedback, guys, will make a proper new thread as soon as some bugs are ironed out.
Here's a patch that should solve a) vanishing battery b) clipping wrench

[secmod patch.rar expired]

662bf8eba4889ThiefsieFool

662bf8eba48eb
I gave it a quick run, had BIG issues killing the first worms with the new wrench animation. will double check later.

//ok, important note - the maps are not compatible with ss2tool 6.0 dml set, but the maps are close enough to the originals to pass the dml fingerprinting and the game will load them. so the user needs to either delete the misdml folder, run Secmod as FM, or a qvar "scplevel" with a value of "1" needs to be added to all the maps.

also, shattered glass shards spin way too much, and the wrench animation feels odd at times. and while the mechanics are impressive (read: f*cking impressive), there was no upgrade to the lighting (still 16bit - feels like a bit of a waste), and no touches to (bad) texturing and (bad) obj placement. I have to say that after running around the silky smooth SCP maps for the last couple of months, seeing all the unfixed stuff again was a harsh experience.

I'm confused about what actually happens with the DML thing, are the DMLs applied or not?
I actually did relight some levels with reconstruct_lights where I could easily see if things got weird, but nothing as early as Medsci/Eng.

Wow this update is insanely impressive.

The hacking mini-game is a cool throwback to SS1.

The wrench look and animation is AWESOME. I'm also in love with the pistol. Unsure if this is a bug or intentional, but the blood on the wrench is a nice touch.

The scripted events with the hybrids are a nice touch. I found the hybrid with the battery to be hilarious.

Sometimes the mouse doesn't work right in the menus (it doesn't "register" a click and the cursor "twitches".)

Edit: wrench seems to clip through terrain.

Shotgun does splash damage now?  :happyjoy:

Minor oversight: the shotgun you find in med sci is loaded with 6 bullets.
Nope, no splash except when firing pellets, just like the original game.
Also thanks, I did fix the 6 shell shotgun now but it didn't make it into the patch here, will be in the next which should be soon.

662bf8eba49c5voodoo47

662bf8eba4a15
basically, anyone who has patched up with ss2tool 6.0 beta will not be able to run Secmod properly - the dmls will load, but they will break stuff, as the map changes are too extensive. you need to prevent them from loading - adding that qvar will tell the engine to reject all dmls made for the orig missions.

662bf8eba4adaThiefsieFool

662bf8eba4b32
Ah, I guess I'll be adding those qvars, I'd like to see a list of the changes though (couldn't find one right away, or extract the dmls from ss2tool without running it) I have some vague hope that they might not break anything after all and can be left alone.

662bf8eba4c2dvoodoo47

662bf8eba4c7c
the funny thing is that they would probably work fine for almost everything, just not the bulkhead doors. the dmls will prevent them from opening as soon as medsci2 (the dmls assign NVDoorStartsOpen script and Open Position 0.1 to the bulkhead doors to get rid of the visible blocking plane on the orig maps).

hmm, one moment, let me try something.
662bf8eba4d6b
Wouldn't SecMod3 just need nvscript.osm then?

And while we're on this, wouldn't it be best to distribute nvscript.osm centrally?

662bf8eba4e0bvoodoo47

662bf8eba4f0a
ok, turns out you can actually write a dml that counters the (part of the) OM dml that you don't want. TF, can you tell me which bulkhead door have had that opening animation added?

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

A familiar passcode with 3 digits:
1 Guest is here.
Oh hey ThiefsieFool, safety interlock bypassed.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
662bf8eba86e4