662b6f5a83eda

662b6f5a84455
1 Guest is here.

662b6f5a84f83
°gamesys °mesh °motion °obsolete

SS2 Morgwin's Portable QBR Machine

1.0 - Introduction
Loot quantum entanglement samples from hybrids and analyze them with your Portable QBR Machine to revive your fallen marine friends.

2.0 - Gameplay
- The Portable QBR Machine is found in the cryo storage locker of MedSci.
- Kill hybrids to randomly loot quantum entanglement samples from them.
- The samples are ammo for the Portable QBR Machine.
- 2 firemodes available: "spawn patrolling marines" and "spawn following marines".
- Use the console command "summon_obj X" and replace the X with one of these codes to summon the new items:
- "Marinegun" for the Portable QBR Machine, "Marineammo" for the samples, "Marinefun" for a PQBRM with infinite ammo.

3.0 - Installation
- Update your installation with SS2Tool
- Place the mod folder (contents should be shock2.gam, mod.ini etc) inside the "DMM" folder within the System Shock 2 folder.
- Open ss2bmm.exe and activate this mod (if using the SCP version, make sure Marines mod has higher priority.)
- Make sure this mod has the highest priority (or at least higher than any other weapon mods)
- Highly recommended to start a new game.
- This mod is not compatible with fan missions.
- Requires SCP beta 1.

4.0 - Credits
By Morgwin & Xdiesp
Allied marines from System Shock Infinite
Armed crew models by Zygoptera

5.0 - Cheat codes:
Code: [Select]
Summon_Obj MarineGun (Portable QBR Machine)
Summon_Obj MarineAmmo (Quantum Entanglement Sample)
Summon_Obj Marine (Patrolling Marine)
Summon_Obj MarineF (Following Marine)
Summon_Obj MarineFun (Unlimited Portable QBR Machine)

New trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeCXLto4QOE

Old trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79JBrCWHj3M
« Last Edit: 12. January 2017, 08:22:18 by Moderator »
Acknowledged by: morgwin

662b6f5a850d4morgwin

Re: SS2 Friendly Humans mod
662b6f5a85143
I was wondering if there were a mod that would spawn or place friendly humans to help in combat?

Thanks.

662b6f5a85370Vegoraptor

662b6f5a853d4
Weeell... Technically, System Shock Infinite does this (or lets you do this to be precise).
However, it is more of a total conversion than just the simple utility mod you might be looking for.
Other than that, I don't really think anyone did anything like that before...
662b6f5a85575
What the vegan dino said.
I think Zygo made a demo level with crew members fighting on your side long ago, not a mod though.
I'm pretty sure this feat requires MIS files to be included, be it for placed or generated crew. This makes a simple utility mod unlikely.

662b6f5a856aaZylonBane

662b6f5a856fc
Also it would be completely against the spirit of the game.
Acknowledged by 2 members: Join usss!, morgwin
662b6f5a8580b
I like the mods that keep with the nature of the game, but in my book it's also cool to create something different.
Anyway, it's hard to do with any longevity in this case.

662b6f5a85b5emorgwin

662b6f5a85bb9
Also it would be completely against the spirit of the game.

I agree, i just thought it might make a change on a fresh playthrough.

Infinite has the exact feature, but i want to playthrough SS2 first.

Is it possible to make a console command to spawn a friendly?
« Last Edit: 06. January 2015, 01:08:38 by morgwin »
662b6f5a85d69
I'll make a minimod for you to spawn friendly marines via a console command. Wouldn't you like something more gamey, however? Spawning marines with no restrictions might get dull, think if you wouldn't like to use some limited resource.

In Infinite, the friendlies are not unlimited: you either revive a few wounded guys around the levels, or bring a bunch back through a tear in protoreality. Maybe you could make creative use of some item, or PSI power? Anyway, check the topic later for the file.

edit In alternative, we could spawn friendly androids or clones of yourself (even with different weaponry). How would you do that in the game, however? Resurrect bodies laying around, PSI powers?
« Last Edit: 06. January 2015, 12:58:57 by xdiesp »

662b6f5a85e36Vegoraptor

662b6f5a85e86
Thinking about it, reviving dead people with limited HP by using Annelid healing glands might be an option. These things are rather limited, not too earlygame, and it would almost make sense.
662b6f5a85fac
How about stored quantum imprints for the QBR machine?

Or, stuffing a corpse in the QBR machine.
662b6f5a860ab
That would work, if you want to clone corpses.  :stroke:
I think quantum entanglement samples are the best fiction wise.

662b6f5a86194morgwin

662b6f5a861ff
Thanks, you guys have some great ideas compared my basic plan. For now i wouldn't mind just having the basic ability to spawn a guy  or two (could they follow?) to help in combat, I know the point of the game is the isolated feeling and the scare factor, but i wanted to try it a little differently. Also thanks xdiesp.

662b6f5a86354
Here is your mod. You can now summon Marines with these console commands:

Summon_Obj Marine
Summon_Obj MarineF (female marine)

The npcs patrol the area, looking for monsters. They are very strong, but eventually the respawning enemies will get to them. Stand close to them, in order to heal them.
« Last Edit: 10. January 2015, 17:14:21 by xdiesp »

662b6f5a8640bmorgwin

662b6f5a86456
Thanks xdiesp, I was wondering if it were possible for to work with the latest SCP?

662b6f5a86540
I reuploaded the mod, it was missing a file. I'll have to remake it if you want it with SCP. :(

662b6f5a86c13morgwin

662b6f5a86c72
Sorry, that's my fault, I really should of said in the topic, but i really do appreciate it  :)
How much work would it be?, I don't want you to remake if its a time consuming issue.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: 06. January 2015, 23:23:53 by morgwin »
662b6f5a871cb
Sorry, that's my fault, I really should of said in the topic, but i really do appreciate it  :)
How much work would it be?, I don't want you to remake if its a time consuming issue.

I'm knee-deep in the tests for Infinite and I still have to make a 90 scenes long movie, your mod was the last thing I did before crashing to sleep! :P All right, I don't have the required files to edit. Would you like to try to use the Shocked utility yourself? Open a map with it, press F5, then create a "marine" under OG_SHOTGUN and a "marinef" under aforementioned marine.

They need to be as listed in these 2 exports. Because it's possible to export both marine and marinef from the vanilla mod, but I don't know how to import them elsewhere (I can only remake it from scratch... but there must be a way to copy and paste). The attached files are the exports. If you don't want to try your hand at Shocked absolutely, send me the right "medsci1.mis" and "shock2.gam" files to edit. When this is over, remember to come over to the beta thread and test for a bit! :D
« Last Edit: 07. January 2015, 07:56:25 by xdiesp »
662b6f5a87332
Very good, Morgwin sent me the files and I can make the marine mod SCP-compatible. Check again later!

edit
Morgin: Here's the file. I got all kind of error messages when I opened the map, but the code for the marines itself should be fine. You'll have to take it for a test run! :thumb: I forgot to mention yesterday, these marines lack their voices from Infinite (it woud require to change many other things too) but they do have the fixed shoot animation. They use two of Zygo's "armed crew" models.
« Last Edit: 10. January 2015, 17:14:33 by xdiesp »

662b6f5a87457morgwin

662b6f5a874a4
Hi, it seems to work perfectly (The hybrids even know to attack the Marines!) aside from no muzzle flash but i think thats a game issue, The Mod manager says that a conflict in Gamesys are detected between SCP and the Marine mod, that's literally the only problem I've had. Thanks for taking the time out of working on Infinite to make this for me.

Gamesys error and BMM load order.
Image: http://i62.tinypic.com/zjxzkl.png
« Last Edit: 07. January 2015, 19:19:18 by morgwin »

662b6f5a87623voodoo47

662b6f5a87674
it will work as intended, even though BMM will display warnings. but the Bloome mod is not installed properly, probably has an extra folder that needs to be removed (should be Bloome\mesh).

xdiesp, can you list the gamesys edits?
662b6f5a87aad
xdiesp, can you list the gamesys edits?

I added a child of Og-Shotgun called "Marine" (-4443), plus its own child which is "MarineF" (-4444). MarineF's only property is its own Shape->Model. Marine instead has a dozen settings, is it the same if I post the export?
« Last Edit: 10. January 2015, 17:14:42 by xdiesp »
Acknowledged by: voodoo47

662b6f5a87b86morgwin

662b6f5a87bec
xdiesp, Are you fine with me making a video and showing off this mod?, with you credited as the creator obviously :)
662b6f5a87cdf
We are all cowboys morgwin, do anything you want!

662b6f5a87deemorgwin

662b6f5a87e58
When filming the video, i found this bug with marinef, could easily be on my end though.

Image: http://i58.tinypic.com/14n35h5.jpg
« Last Edit: 08. January 2015, 21:12:15 by morgwin »
1 Guest is here.
Water Castle was such a nice place before the Tiger moved in. How can we rid of him?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
662b6f5a8b3ca