6622e14ee91d5

6622e14ee9603
1 Guest is here.

Topic: ATI Mobility Radeon HD3470 not scalling Read 886 times  

6622e14ee9ab1
Hello everyone, first topic on this forum for me :D yey

So, I have installed windows 10 and i can get official or modded drivers working on my legacy ATI but there's only 1 thing that doesn't work.. it's the GPU scalling, since my GPU sucks i have to use low resolutions. And on windows 10 i can't stretch the image.... I've tested +10 drivers and all of them can't scale in games but in desktop can... it's weird... maybe something about directx12?

6622e14ee9c63voodoo47

6622e14ee9cb7
you need to be using the digital output for gpu scaling to work, vga will not cut it.

6622e14ee9e9cvoodoo47

6622e14ee9ee9
ah, it's in the subject, yeah probably should read those as well.

anyway, if it's not working then there probably is some sort of hw or sw incompatibility that's making it not work (cpt Obvious ahoy). you would probably need a proper driver, but I don't see AMD releasing a full featured w10 hd3xxx driver anytime soon, so you are probably out of luck. just checked, the last driver is two years old, not good.

maybe ms will patch it on their side, bud don't keep your hopes up.
6622e14eea182
I don't even get what you actually want to achieve.

So you want to have a lower resolution than the native one in the occasions you play a game, or all the time?

6622e14eea243voodoo47

6622e14eea28f
I understand that he would like to have a lower res game stretched to properly fill the screen. by default, notebooks usually do that weird crap displaying a tiny window in the middle of the screen when you run something in low resolution (because that's the ONE thing nobody sane would ever want, I suppose).
6622e14eea4d7
Does the old trick where you have to lower the desktop resolution first, then enable GPU scaling in the Catalyst manager still work? If it doesn't apply to games, I guess you're screwed but that's a given with a card as old as yours.
6622e14eea5cf
I thought that would be connected to the monitor. But maybe it is different for laptops.

So what happens when you just use the standard plug and play windows driver?
6622e14eea6e0
Ye, i did that, actually i found that by myself a few years ago ahhaha

And i found a sollution! you need to set the desktop resolution to the game resolution and BOOOM! no black bars anymore! (still need the scalling option activated on CCC)

Thanks anyways!
1 Guest is here.
With nary a care.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6622e14eeb7b9