6668052e1369e

6668052e14031
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Shock2.gam gamesys corruption Read 490 times  

6668052e1499c
Hello guys,

Two friends of mine and I made it almost a tradition to play System Shock 2 in coop mode every once in a while - every year or so with whatever latest mods and tweaks exist at the time (largely thanks to the bedrock community members here, so cheers!). Well, I would very much like to make it more of a challenge for three players, in addition to the agreement that none of us must die during our next play-through.

So here's what I would like to do - and where I fail:

• Load the shock2.gam provided by SCP Beta 1 and tweak the multiplayer difficulty settings (Editor > GameSys Variables > Difficulty Params) to make it a much tougher experience for three players
  • However, saving the gamesys corrupts shock2.gam (filesize changes from 1003kb to 107kb; or, in the case of the vanilla .gam from 870kb to 970kb resulting in missing sounds etc.)
  • This happens no matter how I approach loading the gamesys. I understand it is required to load the .gam file through just starting up ShockEd and having it initialise and never load it through the "Set Custom GameSys" diaglogue
  • I am currently using the patched GOG version of SS2 (which includes NewDark v243), patched with the latest SS2Tool

I believe I thoroughly searched TTLG and systemshock.org for this specific issue and I did indeed find a few good pointers, however I seem incapable of solving this problem for my specific case. At any rate, "reload_schemas" still leads the freshly saved gamesys to have a different filesize, even when no parameters were changed at all.
I hope I am not embarrassing myself too much right now; I was on the fence whether I should bother you guys with this at all. At this point, though, I am all out of ideas and would very much welcome any suggestions.

Thanks!

6668052e14bd1voodoo47

6668052e14c3b
all you need to do is;

-start the editor
-load any map (earth.mis)
-edit whatever you need to edit
-save the gamesys

thats all.
6668052e14d37
Hey voodoo, cheers!

Did just that - 1003kb saved to 1003kb. I'm dumb. You rock. Thanks!

6668052e14ddfvoodoo47

6668052e14e2e
it's one of the 10 editor commandments - thou shalt not edit the gamesys without loading a map first.
6668052e14f7f
I sure as hell will keep that in mind!  :thumb:

Now I am really looking forward to our next coop session. It has been such a long time and SS2 just never gets old.
1 Guest is here.
Gun is too hot to fire
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6668052e190d8