665b19a6a4831

665b19a6a5579
2 Guests are here.

Topic: SCP Beta 2 Issue Reporting
Page: « 1 ... 7 [8] 9 ... 22 »
Read 39660 times  

665b19a6a5e9dSystem Shocked

665b19a6a5f05
4a is due to a hack I did. The hack has higher priority than the spinning object being centered.

That's great Olfred. So how do I incorporate your fix into my current install of SS2?
« Last Edit: 13. December 2015, 19:28:02 by System Shocked »

665b19a6a609fvoodoo47

665b19a6a6132
by installing the fixed objects?

665b19a6a6984ZylonBane

665b19a6a69e6
non-effectual/inconsequential
requirement/status
indicate/support
appearance/details
You need to knock that shit off. Talk like a human, not a thesaurus. You impress nobody when you do that.

here are some MAJOR additional feedback issues
2. How about removing this upper non-effectual/inconsequential railing, to save resources
Are you fucking kidding me? Earth is one of the smallest maps in the game, and you're blathering about saving resources? By deleting ONE OBJECT? Just because YOU don't think it needs to be there? And you apparently consider this a MAJOR change? Good god.

5. The inner/upper observation windows in shuttle bays 1 & 2, shown here should be indestructible
No they shouldn't, all feedback like this can fuck off.

665b19a6a6d98ZylonBane

665b19a6a6df4
- This is something I noticed when testing the subtitles: EM801, 507, 808, and 809 subtitles in BOTM show up twice (except for 809, where only the first line "We die" is shown twice). I first assumed that my subtitles were wrong...
Your subtitles are wrong. All emails should have the singleton tag on them.

665b19a6a7478System Shocked

665b19a6a74d4
You need to knock that shit off. Talk like a human, not a thesaurus. You impress nobody when you do that.

I'm not trying to impress anybody. I prefer to post my messages in the manner that I like, not in a manner that YOU like.

Are you fucking kidding me? Earth is one of the smallest maps in the game, and you're blathering about saving resources? By deleting ONE OBJECT? Just because YOU don't think it needs to be there? And you apparently consider this a MAJOR change? Good god.

How would I know that? What about removing it because a portional railing way up there looks really odd. Yeah, it's not a MAJOR issue, but it STILL looks stupid.

No they shouldn't, all feedback like this can fuck off.

Design and safety wise, the windows in shuttle bays 1 and 2 shouldn't be breakable, in the event that their forcefields fail.
Game consistency wise, the similar windows in Engineering's larger shuttle bay are NOT breakable.
Don't readily avoid giving a fu@k about feedback that has precedence and makes sense. Are you capable of doing that?
« Last Edit: 18. January 2016, 10:30:36 by System Shocked »
665b19a6a78d3
Your subtitles are wrong. All emails should have the singleton tag on them.

Oh, that's interesting. Newdark doc says:
This flag should only be used in rare cases, for example if some sounds are played through a PA system, where the game will start playing the sound in multiple locations simultaneously. Normally this flag shouldn't be specified.
What's a PA system? Probably related to that: Why is it needed in BotM but not on Rec?

665b19a6a7ba6ZylonBane

665b19a6a7bf9
What's a PA system? Probably related to that: Why is it needed in BotM but not on Rec?
Here, let me Google that for you.

Every email you receive in the game is manually scripted to also play out loud the moment it's received. Apparently sometimes they messed up and had multiple objects scripted to play a single email. Adding the singleton tag fixes this. There's no reason not to just add it to all emails, because preventing the same audio file from being subtitled more than once at the same time is literally all it does. Where it's not needed it doesn't hurt anything by being there.
665b19a6a7cee
So what you're saying is that it's also a bug in the game. Which should probably be fixed.

665b19a6a7d85ZylonBane

665b19a6a7dce
No shit. But if you want your subtitles to be compatible with the base game, you'll have to use the singleton tag.
665b19a6a7ecd
"Your subtitles are wrong" is a false statement, that's all I'm saying. :)

But yeah, I'll definitely include it.

665b19a6a80baSystem Shocked

665b19a6a810a
by installing the fixed objects?

As best as I can determine, Olfred fixed another issue with the storage lockers, that resulted in them spinning in a non-central and wide oblong rotation, which means that storage lockers can't rotate in the same central fashion, as other similar objects?
« Last Edit: 18. January 2016, 10:31:49 by System Shocked »

665b19a6a81acvoodoo47

665b19a6a820b
guess you will just have to live with the way the object is set up.
Acknowledged by: System Shocked
665b19a6a83a1
In an attempt to give some feedback (but also afraid that this goes under the "waste of devs time" line) heres a screenshot of a place on Medical Primal Reserach that i think looks wierd and not right

665b19a6a846cZylonBane

665b19a6a84b8
So, we're supposed to guess what exactly you don't like about that scene?

665b19a6a8579voodoo47

665b19a6a85c4
sharp cut on that brush in the middle. I actually knew about it, but classified it as "screw it, not going to mess with brushes just because of this".

but yeah, a small red circle pinpointing the problem would be ok next time.
665b19a6a890d
So, we're supposed to guess what exactly you don't like about that scene?

Sorry it isnt obvious to you.. It seems like voodoo with this:

sharp cut on that brush in the middle. I actually knew about it, but classified it as "screw it, not going to mess with brushes just because of this".

but yeah, a small red circle pinpointing the problem would be ok next time.

.. got it..

Its not a big deal really no, the only reason i mentioned it, is because its the only thing i've noticed in my current game and i just got to eng

665b19a6a8c12ZylonBane

665b19a6a8c71
Sorry it isnt obvious to you.. It seems like voodoo with this: .. got it..
All that means is that he guessed correctly. Anyone who wants to point something out should be explicit. Just posting a screenshot and saying "Bad!" is the sort of crap System used to do.
665b19a6a8d7a
I think it's so obvious, being in the middle of the image and the only mistake, that Da9L didn't feel the need to point it out. If he'd drawn a big red circle and worte an explanation, you'd probably deride him as Captain Obvious right now.

665b19a6a8e58ZylonBane

665b19a6a8ead
Everything you just said is wrong. A significant part of the reason for external testers is to bring in alternative viewpoints. What's obvious to YOU may not be obvious to ME, because YOU are not ME. That's why posting bare screenshots without marking or commentary is bad practice, full stop.  Attempting to argue otherwise is nothing but contrarianism. Which, granted, is pretty much your thing.
665b19a6a919d
Everything you just said is wrong. A significant part of the reason for external testers is to bring in alternative viewpoints. What's obvious to YOU may not be obvious to ME, because YOU are not ME. That's why posting bare screenshots without marking or commentary is bad practice, full stop. 
Well, Da9L must have thought along the same lines, so I'm already 50% right. :p
In any case, Mr. Sourpuss, you practically never provide any positive feedback on bug reports, and you clearly don't like System Shocked's super extensive reports, so it becomes really hard to guess how to actually cater to your whims. Which is even more bizarre noticing that voodoo pretty much gets it right away all the time, and without ever throwing a fit.

Attempting to argue otherwise is nothing but contrarianism. Which, granted, is pretty much your thing.
I like how you pretend we'd actually interact with each other regularly enough to warrant such a statement.
Acknowledged by: System Shocked
665b19a6a92ea
ZB just stop it. Why are you always so god damn negative? Its like you are on a permanent period or something.

Nonetheless heres another screenshot, with a red circle, so that even you can understand what im refering to.

AND to be clear, theres a hole in the wall between the two rooms. Not a huge deal again, but just pointing it out.

Location shown on map which is also in screenshot

665b19a6a939evoodoo47

665b19a6a93f1
level is stripped. nothing can be done.
Acknowledged by: Da9L
665b19a6a952e
I just got to the Command deck. I noticed that iam stil able to get the shuttle access card through the window at the security station of command2. Not sure if you were to fix it, if its even possible or that you just have forgotten. Otherwise i hope you will fix it..

And then the first screenshot.. Thats in one of the Ops crew areas.. Is that a mistake or a joke ? :P I didnt take note of the location because i first thought it was a joke, but if its a mistake, ill go back and get the location..
665b19a6a98a6
[...]
And then the first screenshot.. Thats in one of the Ops crew areas.. Is that a mistake or a joke ? :P I didnt take note of the location because i first thought it was a joke, but if its a mistake, ill go back and get the location..

Probably a reminder to the marines what they stand for. I would consider it decoration, not tool.
2 Guests are here.
If this is paradise I wish I had a lawnmower.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665b19a6aaa28