665cc297b490a

665cc297b54e7
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Black screen with small visible box Read 593 times  

665cc297b5994
Hi guys,
I just got System Shock 2 from steam. Installation went just fine. It fires up flawlessly, and the intro videos into a new game all work just fine, no problems or glitches. But when it comes time to actually 'play', all I get is a black screen. I can hear all sounds and I can move and jump. But I can't see anything except that in the top left corner of the screen there is a small box that is about 1 inch by 1 inch in size that I can see the game in. It's not all of the game, just whatever would be in that corner of the screen if I were able to see the rest of the picture.

I have tried re-installing the game and have tried other resolution choices, but nothing seems to work and I can't imagine what would be causing it to do this?
I have read this post in this forum before but the explanation on how to fix it was way to advance for me.  Does anyone know how I might be able to fix it in layman's terms?  Thank you!

665cc297b5b80voodoo47

665cc297b5bd4
easiest way would be patching up with SS2tool and making sure to disable anti-aliasing in the options.

also maybe grab a bunch of mods while at it.

665cc297b5c95Rodimuprime

665cc297b5d03
Voodoo thank you very much for your help but I am extremely simple when it comes to computers.  All the jargon you used might as well have been Greek.  Any way to explain it in a easier way?  Again thank you for your time.
665cc297b60c5
Uhm, you installed the game, right? So you know how to install a program.
1) Download SS2Tool here: https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=4141.0
2) Put it into your System Shock game folder (where this is depends on where you got the game, GOG? Steam?)
3) Double click on it
4) Say ok to everything, except...
5) ... when a screen comes up where you can choose a lot of different options by picking checkboxes, you disable (empty checkbox) the one that says something like "Multisampling" or "Antialiasing".

Then you can play the game normally (there's a quicker way which would lead to even more explanations so we won't talk about it). If you're done with that, you can try installing mods.
1 Guest is here.
You shake your head you can't believe the sickening stability of my life
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665cc297b6d2d