665b0429789a0

665b0429799ed
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Save Everywhere or Savepoints
Page: « 1 ... 6 [7]
Read 11062 times  

665b042979e42LaineyBugsDaddy

665b042979ec4
Ok, so I recently played through Bioshock Infinite. Checkpoint saves are how it does things, and checkpoints are NOT close together. I officially despise checkpoint save only systems. I don't want to have to either lose a ton of progress because I have to quit, or keep playing and hope I notice when a save point hits so that I can quit without losing progress if I have something to do. Checkpoint save only is garbage, and the very idea should die in a fire. Make it a configurable option for the masochists and be done with it.
665b04297a1c4
What you've done there is like playing Bioshock: Infinite and then declaring all Immersive Sims (if it can be called that) the same as it: forgettable. Comprehend that not all designs are equal.

I don't want to have to either lose a ton of progress because I have to quit, or keep playing and hope I notice when a save point hits so that I can quit without losing progress if I have something to do.

I stated it before and I'll state it again for every ill-informed individual that enters eager to blast the concept: this is not a limitation inherent to checkpoint systems. That you couldn't save when you had to quit was because the developers didn't implement Temp saves. A concept I've seen a number of times in my gaming years and curiously traced what I believe is its origins to as far back as 1987 in a rogue-like called net-hack. And temp files is not the one and only solution to this problem either, but it certainly is the best.

From here on out, I'll just copy paste this until it sticks.
« Last Edit: 28. April 2016, 01:22:13 by Join usss! »

665b04297a2a4LaineyBugsDaddy

665b04297a2fb
And of course you miss that I said I had a problem with checkpoint only systems. Checkpoints can work, but not on their own, and not when spaced unreasonably far apart.
665b04297a416
Sorry. I'm so used to people of this demographic readily declaring their hate of anything except quick/free save systems, especially without reading into the threads beforehand, that I went and fucked up on my own reading comprehension. Thread is no longer mine.
1 Guest is here.
I might come across very disillusioned but I do crossword searches all night.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665b04297aea0