66668ad8c880f

66668ad8c9075
1 Guest is here.

Topic: help with mod Read 793 times  

66668ad8c95e0nf3498gt

66668ad8c9661
i cant find the turret accuracy anywhere, looked in...
physical/monsters/turrets/slug turret/links/airangedweapon           when i click edit, it does nothing
physical/monster accessories/monster guns/turret slug thrower/links/airangedweapon              when i click edit, it does nothing
projectile/monster projectiles/turret projectiles/turret slug

on the other enemies, it seems to be in the same location that i listed first, but not so for the turret?

also, is there a mechanic for bullet drop possible at all?
« Last Edit: 13. March 2016, 16:05:49 by nf3498gt »

66668ad8c97a3nf3498gt

66668ad8c97f3
i found the turret accuracy, but i would like help with another issue from someone who knows?

i would like to add an impact effect on to worn armors. can somone give me the run down?

do i need to add a link onto the armor itself and link it to the typical ricochet effect?

its weird... every time i ever post for help on a simple question no one helps me, but other people receive answers in their posts. but its like that on every forum. its like im cursed or something.

66668ad8c98eenf3498gt

66668ad8c995a
so i added links into the object/physical/goodies/armor/light armor

added ~hit spang, from light armor -79, to : shotgun projectiles, pistol & rifle projectiles, grunt shotgun slug, turret slug

i had a grunt shoot me and there was no added effect...

i shot an armor on the ground with rifle and it crashed the game

66668ad8c9ad3ZylonBane

66668ad8c9b22
You don't actually think the armor model is floating around in the world when you have it equipped, right?

66668ad8c9bf1nf3498gt

66668ad8c9c44
wow thanks man that was helpful... do you have anything constructive to offer? or are you just going to make snide, condescending, shitty little remarks and make me feel like an idiot? because if so you can kindly fuck off of my thread. thx
« Last Edit: 16. March 2016, 09:50:20 by nf3498gt »

66668ad8c9e1fvoodoo47

66668ad8c9e75
while doing random things hoping to achieve the desired result is a lot of fun, it can take a lot of time (and crashes) to get anything done.

find a setup that already does the same thing, look at it really hard, try to understand how it works, and then copy it into your mod. hint - SCP adds a few extra effects, for example the midwife shot now creates green sparks when it hits the player (and other things).

66668ad8ca183ZylonBane

66668ad8ca1e9
wow thanks man that was helpful
Yes, actually it was. If you hadn't been concentrating so much on your little tantrum, you would have noticed I just told you that the first thing you tried will not work. Because,  y'know, when you equip an armor the armor object isn't actually in the game world. The engine just applies its stats to the player object.

66668ad8ca3fanf3498gt

66668ad8ca451
i didnt think the armor was floating around with you i just thought all the code that accompanies the armor's file is activated onto your player, thats why i thought it would work like that. but obviously i dont have a very good understanding of how that works which is why i need some tips on it. some of you have a programming background and have lots of experience editing gamesys and should be able to provide a couple of lines to explain the general methodology of the change, specifically the secmod editor because this change came from secmod. yes i realize i can study it as hard as i can to try to gain an understanding but that may take a long time and may not end up being productive anyways. im not sure why no one wants to provide an answer? i thought this was a modding community who helps and collaborates with others to get mods produces and shares knowledge about the game so that everyone can be more sucessful? but i have a feeling that the change relies on some external code injected in via NVScript.osm. i need to pick apart this file and see all of the scripts included if i am to be able to fully understand what im doing and be able to implement all the changes i require for my mod before i release it to the community. i understand TF made the scripting capability and worked with the secmod crew on the mod so im sure he would have shared all relevant information with the gamesys editor so that he could do his job, but what about others who now need to use the scripting capability but are not knowledgeable about the contents of the NVScript.osm file? how can we access a list and description of all scripts?

66668ad8ca9bavoodoo47

66668ad8caa0e
im not sure why no one wants to provide an answer?
I would basically have to know exactly what do you want to modify, then analyze everything, find a way of implementing the changes, and then give you the finished mod. I have no programming background myself, so this is very hard for me, just like it's hard for you - as I've said, there is no easy way around this, you just have to look at other mods, finding examples and templates, and grind through it. it took me years to get where I'm now, and I'm still pretty much just a (basic) fixup guy, because I have no real talent for this.

anyway, I'll try to give you a couple of more hints (based on what I currently know, and what I think would be a valid way of tackling the problem) - when you equip an armor, a metaproperty is applied to the player, so if you want some effect to only appear when the armor is equipped, you will have to tie the (particle/spang) system to that metaproperty somehow. but before you try that, learn how to add those effects on some simple object in a way that won't crash the game.

also, there are no "magic" external influences, whatever is happening with an object, the props have to be assigned on the object or its archetype. in case of NVscript, there will be a bit of code in the script->objlist arg prop that will tell you what the script does - you will have to learn to read it though. assigned scripts can be found under script->scripts, but note that a concrete object will inherit all scripts assigned on it and its archetypes (unless specifically told to NOT inherit), something you would/should know if you had read the manuals.

check here:
http://thiefmissions.com/scripts/NVScript.html
http://www.thiefmissions.com/telliamed/allscripts.html

so again, there is no easy way around this - if you want easy, then Shocked is not for you.
« Last Edit: 17. March 2016, 15:12:56 by voodoo47 »
1 Guest is here.
Careful (A Life Is A Fragile Thing)
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66668ad8cbb55