https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

665b2d0854619ZylonBane

665b2d0854677
they are dropping this remake out of the legacy of shodan
What you say?!?
665b2d0854985
What you say?!?

i say and i will specify better

they are making the citadel station looks so horrid... should i repeat once again?
this looks more like a mix of hard reset and bioshock
overlighting flashes
redimensioned walls in a ugly way
horrid wrench
the are not remaking lot of things they are adding different sound FX

sorry but im very angry caps comming

SINCE WHEN SECURITY CAMERAS POINT AT YOU WITH A FLASHING RED LIGHT

FOR GOD SAKE PEOPLE !!!  DID THEY NEVER PLAYED SYSTEM SHOCK 1 and 2  ??

:cyborg: :cyborg: :cyborg: :cyborg: :cyborg: :cyborg:

665b2d0854d34ZylonBane

665b2d0854d8a
they are making the citadel station looks so horrid...
You are literally the only person to have this opinion.
665b2d085528d

That's pretty valid, not because it isn't 1:1 faithful, but rather because does this light serve a purpose? Such things are meant to be designed for function, not form, so there's a question for NightDive: what is the purpose of the red light? All I see it doing currently is giving away the location of the cameras very easily. Perhaps disable the light/reduce the intensity and range on higher difficulty modes (anything above easy or normal).
« Last Edit: 15. March 2016, 19:24:27 by Join usss! »

665b2d08554aaZylonBane

665b2d08554f9
Zylon please look...  this is hard reset
Oh my god, a thing looks kind of like another thing! This is an outrage! No things should ever kind of look like other things!

I'm sure the security camera beam will be dialed back, since every effect in that teaser trailer seems turned up to 11. Besides which, the cameras in SS1 were never supposed to be hard to spot. The challenge is getting to them in the first place.
665b2d085579d
SS1 cameras were never supposed to be hard to spot.

Are you sure about that? Because it wouldn't have been hard to make them easy to locate if they desired, e.g have them emit droning sound effects or indeed, some kind of effect that makes them stand out as it does here. But yeah, I agree getting to them should be the challenge, playing where's wally/waldo with little cameras in pixelated environments (shock 1) or highly detailed and at times dark environments (this remake) may not be fun. But then again where's wally/waldo itself is considered fun!
665b2d0855a9c
This is an outrage!

ofc it is

lets tell to night dive studio this feedback Shut Up And Die!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T_mfo-8HtQ

665b2d0855cbdZylonBane

665b2d0855d0d
ofc it is

lets tell to night dive studio
You don't understand sarcasm, do you.
665b2d0855f2a
You don't understand sarcasm, do you.

sorry sometimes when im pissed off i find hard to understand :P

665b2d085629aZylonBane

665b2d08562f8
Are you sure about that? Because it wouldn't have been hard to make them easy to locate if they desired, e.g have them emit droning sound effects...
Name ONE object in SS1 that has an ambient loop.

665b2d0856482voodoo47

665b2d08564e2
idiotism in the official remake topic will not be tolerated, so splitting off. xerxex, enjoy a 1 day posting ban.
Acknowledged by: Nameless Voice

665b2d08567e4Learonys

665b2d0856846
Are you sure about that? Because it wouldn't have been hard to make them easy to locate if they desired, e.g have them emit droning sound effects or indeed, some kind of effect that makes them stand out as it does here. But yeah, I agree getting to them should be the challenge, playing where's wally/waldo with little cameras in pixelated environments (shock 1) or highly detailed and at times dark environments (this remake) may not be fun. But then again where's wally/waldo itself is considered fun!

or... they show up as red dots on your minimap whenever you walk past one by default (this can be disabled). Now you've pinpointed it's location without even looking at it, woohoo!
Acknowledged by: callum13117
665b2d0856a8b
Okay, who hacked into the primary data loop last night and made xerxes lose his form and grammar?
665b2d0856db2
Name ONE object in SS1 that has an ambient loop.

I don't recall. But sounds effects did exist, so cameras could have been scripted to play a subtle bleep effect every x seconds at the very least, else just go for a visual effect or some other visual signposting.

If there were no objects that emitted sound I'm assuming objects couldn't emit sounds locally? but rather all sounds (such as monster noises) played globally if the player was in range? Same could have been done for cameras, just would have been important to make it subtle and not frequent for obvious reasons.
« Last Edit: 15. March 2016, 21:41:36 by Join usss! »
665b2d085708c
idiotism in the official remake topic will not be tolerated, so splitting off. xerxex, enjoy a 1 day posting ban.

?????

no i wont enjoy

you know what??  i dont need you neither zylon

bye bye systemshock.org
i have my own forum to work with my project

i dont need to deal with stupid fuck jerks who insult me with a grettings message and ban me with no reason

seriously bye 

and be carefull of what you do next or i will wipe your site out of existence.
665b2d08571ed
Please guys, let's all keep it civil.

665b2d08575d4ZylonBane

665b2d0857631
It takes a special kind of stupid to actually post the "I'll hack ur site!" line.
Acknowledged by 2 members: Colonel SFF, Hikari

665b2d0857a25icemann

665b2d0857a82
You are literally the only person to have this opinion.

He's not the only one. I'm half half on the look of it. Looks very Doom 3-ish as I've said earlier.

Though xerxes is on his own with the other stuff. Completely disagree.

End of the day we have the original version to play if we don't like what results from Night Dive's work, and I'm willing to give it a go. I'll happily have a play, before I make a final opinion of it.
« Last Edit: 16. March 2016, 07:07:37 by icemann »
Acknowledged by: callum13117

665b2d0857e55RocketMan

665b2d0857eb9
I think if they tone down the post-processing and fix some of the inappropriate artistic choices, it could look very nice.  I really like the art in and of itself.  After hearing all the criticisms, most of which I didn't notice, I agree with some of them but still think they made a solid first attempt.  Interestingly, the thing that pissed me off the most was that, "DUHHHHHHHH" at the very end when they show the System Shock title.  It's very cliche and I associate it with bad movies.

One thing is for sure.  No matter how good they make  this game, it won't STOP me from playing the original DOS version.
Acknowledged by 2 members: icemann, Learonys

665b2d0857f87icemann

665b2d0857fda
Well that has a unique charm all of it's own.
Acknowledged by: RocketMan

665b2d085834chemebond

665b2d08583ae
Since your cyber-implants allow you to see some bands of infra-red light. There, sorted.
Acknowledged by 3 members: Nameless Voice, ThiefsieFool, Colonel SFF
1 Guest is here.
Als die letzte Fackel verglüht ist, ist auch das Freiheitsgefühl verflogen. Sie sind wieder junge Menschen in schmutzigen Schuhen in einem verqualmten Tunnel.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665b2d08595fa