662d0081e1592

662d0081e1cc9
1 Guest is here.

662d0081e248f
Hi,

I really like ss1 soundtrack, and although the music is available around the net in various sources:
Soundtrack forum post, Another forum post , Chicajo, System Shock Juke Box, Youtube
What I really wanted was an album to add to my music collection, with modern files (flac or mp3 instead of midi),
tags, album covers and a logical order of tracks.
Since i couldn't find something like that i decided to make one, So i took the SS1_OST_MIDI.7z file from the sound track topic,
picked all the tracks from the game, ordered them, converted with the best midi converter i could find to flac (i forgot what
converter i user :/), tagged them, and added an album cover.
I have been using this compilation for a while, until i realized that more people might enjoy it.
I asked the guys at Night Dive Studios if i can publish it, and since they are okay with it, i decided to share it here:
System Shock 1 Soundtrack
(The files where to big to be attached here so i created a share of a folder on my google drive,
but if it is possible and the forum admins would want that, i would love to share them directly as an attachment)

Some notes:
1) The zip file contains all the files together, so you can download them together or separately as you prefer,
2) I tried to keep the tracks in the order that the player is exposed to them, and if i made no mistake then
the only exceptions are the Elevator track and the cyber track.
With the elevator I felt that it will serve as a good "relief" track at the end of this intense album, instead of sticking it in the
middle after hospital.
And with the cyber, since the last battle with Shodan was in cyberspace, i felt that it is more fitting to put it in the end
before the finishing credits.
3) I didn't use any remixes
4) If i made any mistake (Bad order, missing track, wrong album information) please tell me.
5) If you have flac files that you think are better converted than mine, please share :)

« Last Edit: 14. May 2016, 10:48:06 by vleon1 »
662d0081e25f7
I am so sorry, i accidentally published it in the wrong room (Don't know how it happened) can someone move this to
Systemshock.org » File Archives » Looking Glass Classics
Or if it belongs somewhere else, then to where ever it should belong?
(I didn't find a way for me to move it, i assume that only admins can do that)
662d0081e29aa
As a normal user,  you can't post in most forums so your topic got redirected automatically,  don't worry - a moderator will move it.
If you want to put in some extra work,  try to get the data published to musicbrainz, this way, your work will be preserved even if those files show up in an untagged, garbled form years later.
662d0081e2bc7
It's cool that you tagged and ordered the files, but that alone doesn't add much additional value to the already existing MIDI and MP3 files in the soundtrack thread. If you were just looking to turn these songs into a "modern" and easily digestible format that's fine, I'm sure a bunch of people wil appreciate it.
But in order to create something that gets archived here you would have to do more research about MIDI and how to get the best sound out of these files. Saying that you used the best MIDI 2 FLAC converter doesn't say much. Here's a starter:
System Shock 1, using BASSMIDI for higher quality music with soundfonts (.sf2)
662d0081e2de4
It is known that XMI2MIDI doesn't convert xmi files correctly. So you shouldn't use those midis.
Here is a program to play XMI music somewhat correctly: https://wenchy.net/old/ssplayer.html
I'm planning on recording SS1 soundtrack from the game using Roland SC-88VL (in SC-55 mode perhaps).
I already have acquired such a device for my 486 machine :)
Best would be to record the wave data before it goes to DAC and compress it to FLACs but that would require some soldering...

662d0081e3198Morolian

662d0081e31eb
Ugh, I hate how the Medical Suites song doesn't have some pitch bending on the lead guitar,
Dammit Chicajo, couldn't you extract the xmis properly?

It is known that XMI2MIDI doesn't convert xmi files correctly. So you shouldn't use those midis.
Here is a program to play XMI music somewhat correctly: https://wenchy.net/old/ssplayer.html
I'm planning on recording SS1 soundtrack from the game using Roland SC-88VL (in SC-55 mode perhaps).
I already have acquired such a device for my 486 machine :)
Best would be to record the wave data before it goes to DAC and compress it to FLACs but that would require some soldering...
And it does export them correctly BUT the sub-songs aren't separated beforehand so the sub-songs are still in the midi and are in the separate tracks, But if you load the track separately it would have the sub-song only and not a "black midi" (is that what they're called?) At least, that's how I did it in FL Studio.
1 Guest is here.
i was ready to help him search for his sense of civility but against my own will i went into the bookstore across the street and got lost.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
662d0081e43a1