665ca4dbb3471

665ca4dbb3f34
1 Guest is here.

665ca4dbb42e4General][Custer

665ca4dbb4353
This happens as follows. First of all we are playing with 4 players and we all have the same version (HOTU) with all the additional lines written in the .cfgs. We're running it on compatibilitymode Win2k and managed to connect over internet, eventhough I'm the only one who can host and all the others simply join me.
It works fine on SP or if I start a MP game on my own, even if I load a MP save game(it actually really saves the games correctly before crashing in MP). Sometimes it even works without crash (we tried at least a few 100 times now and had around 3-4 successful runs with any amount of players ranging from 2-4). We also tried using hamachi - it didn't work either (same crash problem). Another thing I tried was deleting the save games( NOT the folder) after each save, but sadly it didn't work. I also tried to kill every unused program on my PC - didn't help either. Now we're really pissed and out of ideas, because we tried like every trick in any thinkable combination.
Multiplayer used to work like a few months ago on a LAN party.
Anyone got some advice?
665ca4dbb446c
Compatability mode? Maybe that's your problem. Leave it off compatability mode and do the processor affinity trick if you have a hyperthreading processor. Is there an error message, or does it crash your whole system?

665ca4dbb451aGeneral][Custer

665ca4dbb45c0
Well the I tried without compatibillity mode but that wasn't it. I have all the needed fixes applied (also the hyperthreading ones). I only get the standard microsoft error message thingy.
665ca4dbb47a8
It worked on a LAN for you before? Then why not create a virtual LAN with Hamachi?

SS2 Multiplayer Guide

665ca4dbb4859General][Custer

665ca4dbb48a8
Yeah we tried hamachi but we get the same error... This one is really tricky. I've read before that the first part of the Multiplayer actually is more like singleplayer, then the problem might correlate with the actual multiplayer...

665ca4dbb4955General][Custer

665ca4dbb499e
Ahh.. I've read some threads and now I'm almost sure it's a problem with this spawn mod i use, the one with the small red balls. Any Ideas on how to fix it? I checked the thread but can't really figure out those solutions.
665ca4dbb4a77
How about deactivating the mod, at least for testing?

665ca4dbb4b0bGeneral][Custer

665ca4dbb4b3e
Currently reinstalling the whole thing btw. it works fine if you load a savegame not from the beginning.
1 Guest is here.
you still need that chaos inside to give birth to a dancing star
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665ca4dbb5114