665b2425ddda9

665b2425dec27
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SSR Demo
Page: « 1 ... 4 [5]
Read 8691 times  

Re: "System Shock" Demo
665b2425df47b
Can we get the latest bits splintered off into a general discussion away from the thread please?

665b2425e01ffunn_atropos

665b2425e025f
http://store.steampowered.com/app/482400/

Seems to be footage from another session. It has an audiolog picture which shows Rebecca somewhat distorted

Holiday 2017
After two decades, Nightdive Studios is rebooting and re-imagining the original System Shock. We will keep the new game true to the classic experience, keeping all the things you loved while giving today's gamers the modern look and feel expected from a great game.

With the help of members of the original team, including the original Voice Actor of SHODAN, Terri Brosius, Citadel Station has never been more immersive or terrifying!

“When you’re working on a game, you tend not to think about how people will feel about it 20 years later – or if people will even remember it! The announcement of the System Shock update from Nightdive (and the upcoming System Shock 3 I’m working on) it’s apparent that not only do people remember, they care very deeply about the game. Back when we were working on the original, we wanted to make a simulation-based game that would empower players to tell their own stories through their playstyle choices – an idea that’s still totally relevant today. I’ve long said that if you updated the graphics, sound and UI on System Shock you’d have something that competes directly with any game on the market today. Now the Nightdive folks are doing that update and I’m confident my prediction will be validated. SHODAN demands that you support this so we can all find out.” --Warren Spector, OtherSide Entertainment. Producer on the original System Shock.

You're a renowned hacker, the most notorious cyberspace thief in the corporate world. Caught during a risky break-in, you become indentured to a greedy TriOptimum executive. After six months in a healing coma, you awaken to the twisted aftermath of a terrible disaster. Where are the surgeons? Why is the station in such disrepair? Slowly, the chilling realization that something is very wrong creeps over you. Once a prime corporate research facility, Citadel Station now teems with mindless cyborgs, robots and terribly mutated beings, all programmed to serve SHODAN, a ruthless A.I. There's scarcely time to think before it unleashes the first terror...

“The crew at Nightdive heroically brought the original versions of System Shock and System Shock 2 back into circulation. They have thrived as a new audience has rediscovered these classics. Now Nightdive is remastering the original System Shock to bring it up to date on modern PC’s - with fully updated visuals, audio and a modern interface – making it dramatically more accessible to modern gamers. It’s quite wonderful to see a franchise that Warren and I helped create get such loving care." --Paul Neurath, Founder of OtherSide Entertainment. Co-founder of Looking Glass Studios.

665b2425e0333Learonys

665b2425e0382
2 GB of space required, but 16 GB of RAM is recommended, with 8 being the minimum.... What do you mean bad optimisation? :stroke:

665b2425e0544voodoo47

665b2425e05a0
ok, looking at the minsysreqs, I need someone to tell me what the next level of WTF is (as a regular wtf is not cutting it anymore).
Acknowledged by: Hikari

665b2425e063cXKILLJOY98

665b2425e068b
(After viewing the steam video), the soundtrack sounds great again!
665b2425e0ab2
ok, looking at the minsysreqs, I need someone to tell me what the next level of WTF is (as a regular wtf is not cutting it anymore).
A horribly optimized Unity game? That's unpossible!
Acknowledged by 2 members: voodoo47, JosiahJack
665b2425e0f1e
Requires direct x 11. WHY?! I'm... Look I get my system was a potato but you guys saw the Q&A thread where they saidI'd be able to run it, not 'run' it but actually play the damned thing.

Quote by Hikari:
Don't make me have to buy a new rig just to play.
I've got a dual core system with more or less an entry level video card (gforce 720.) Before then it was on intel graphics. It has three gigs of ram. I should be able to play this new game even if I have to crank the settings down and turn the flashy things off. By play I don't mean 'it will sorta work.' I mean have a decent solid 30FPS experiance (yes yes 60 or bust I know, but I'm talking minamum playability here.) I would much rather it actually able to play without me needing to upgrade my box if at all possible. Bit selfish to be honest, but simpler assets also mean you don't have to spend as much time making them (I think. Someone feel free to correct me.) Plus it widens your audience a fair bit.

Quote by Nyarlathotep:
This will come down to how well we can optimize the game. With all the settings turned on to Ultra and running at 4K will require a beefy machine, but all the effects and advanced video options will be scalable from the main menu. We've had lots of problems with integrated Intel graphics so an entry level Nvidia card will probably be a minimum requirement.

I hope this is like the System Shock requirements posted and the minimums posted are just 'well we gotta covero ur asses' or 'let's post the REAL minimums, not 'ok it might actually start' minimums. I mean let's face it, if this is what it takes to run then I'm out. Box is too potato and I'm gonna be lucky to chip enough into kickstarter for the game itself.

So yea, not unexpected but super bummed out right at this moment.
« Last Edit: 28. June 2016, 11:24:41 by Hikari »
665b2425e114c
Had a look at this:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/27/12047100/8-minutes-of-system-shock-reboot-gameplay

I want the funky background music back from the original game - leaving it out completely changes the atmosphere! I don't want this to be another Alien: Isolation. System Shock (1) was a game of suspense and exploration, not horror like its sequel.

I wish they also got rid of the slow animations, movements, and jerks that happen every goddamn time you pick up an object. This is a trend in modern games, but it is annoying. It is going to feel very dated in a few years, just like the lack of mouselook made the original game dated in the 90s already.

665b2425e1649Learonys

665b2425e16c1
Had a look at this:

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/27/12047100/8-minutes-of-system-shock-reboot-gameplay

I want the funky background music back from the original game - leaving it out completely changes the atmosphere! I don't want this to be another Alien: Isolation. System Shock (1) was a game of suspense and exploration, not horror like its sequel.

I wish they also got rid of the slow animations, movements, and jerks that happen every goddamn time you pick up an object. This is a trend in modern games, but it is annoying. It is going to feel very dated in a few years, just like the lack of mouselook made the original game dated in the 90s already.

They actually are working on music, here's a longer sample of the music you heard in the trailer on the Steam page: https://twitter.com/jonathanperos/status/747644558184452096

665b2425e1bedThiefsieFool

665b2425e1c3e
They actually are working on music, here's a longer sample of the music you heard in the trailer on the Steam page: https://twitter.com/jonathanperos/status/747644558184452096
Huh, the start sounds Shock-ish, the rest not so much.

665b2425e1e1cXKILLJOY98

665b2425e1e6d
Huh, the start sounds Shock-ish, the rest not so much.

How so?, it sounds like it to me.

665b2425e1f69Learonys

665b2425e1fb6
It sounds pretty cool to me, but the second part sounded a bit generic. But then again i'm not very knowledgable about music. The tweet showed a recording of the project opened instead of an mp3, so i guess it's not finished yet or he simply wanted to show his work off? It's okay as it is but i hope they're trying to achieve something more than "okay" for the in-game music.

665b2425e21f6XKILLJOY98

665b2425e2257
It sounds pretty cool to me, but the second part sounded a bit generic. But then again i'm not very knowledgable about music. The tweet showed a recording of the project opened instead of an mp3, so i guess it's not finished yet or he simply wanted to show his work off? It's okay as it is but i hope they're trying to achieve something more than "okay" for the in-game music.

I'm just glad that the techno music is included and not all ambiance. Though I kind of expected them to simply have remastered/remixed versions of the original tracks (though I suppose this is good/ok).
Acknowledged by: Hikari
665b2425e2472
It's not techno, that's a different genre of music and quite distinguishable.

It does indeed sound generic and boring though, much like the vast majority of modern dnb. It as a genre has declined big time. And this dude just sounds like another of the many Noisia clones. I hope he has a broader range than Neurofunk/modern techstep.
The composer is also the sound designer though, and in that regard he's done a good job.   
« Last Edit: 28. June 2016, 16:37:08 by Join usss! »
665b2425e261f
It might be easier if you only mentioned it, if stuff got better in the last 20 years. Otherwise we'll just assume that you think today's version of whatever is a pale shadow of its former glory. :)
665b2425e2740
Not sure what you mean. The vast majority of it post-2000 is crap though in my opinion, yes. I trawl through new record labels in search of stuff that is even half as good as a lot of older tracks.

665b2425e286eNameless Voice

665b2425e28d2
I notice that the video on Steam shows leaning.

665b2425e2c50XKILLJOY98

665b2425e2cb0
It's not techno, that's a different genre of music and quite distinguishable.

It does indeed sound generic and boring though, much like the vast majority of modern dnb. It as a genre has declined big time. And this dude just sounds like another of the many Noisia clones. I hope he has a broader range than Neurofunk/modern techstep.
The composer is also the sound designer though, and in that regard he's done a good job.

How is it generic, it reminds me of some of system shock 2's tracks.

665b2425e2e7fSynaesthesia

• Company: Night Dive Studios
Re: System Shock (Reboot) Demo
665b2425e2ee0
It's definitely not generic. It's hardcore DnB style, the same stuff I listen to while I'm commuting on my road bike.
665b2425e306e
I've been a dnb fan for just under two decades, and reside in the same country it was born from. It is/was pretty big over here so I've been exposed to much of what it has to offer. This sounds like generic techstep/neurofunk to me. I've also checked out other works the composer has done and I'm not impressed. System Shock 2 is how it's done. But of course, it's music, there's a hell of a lot of subjectivity involved. If you like it, lucky you.

665b2425e3168Tachikoma

665b2425e31be
And where is Eric Brosius? I thought they wanted him to make the music for remake reboot.
1 Guest is here.
Caution: Users actively dislike data loss. It causes them great sadness.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665b2425e32ec