665b03f26ca71

665b03f26db14
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SSR Cyberspace
Page: « 1 [2]
Read 4261 times  

665b03f26e043
Looks like JJB watched Tron and tried to merge it with his own, uh, triangular style. I agree that it looks like a fugly reskin of the normal game world (and the eastern european accent of the AI sounds a bit stupid. On the other hand that's kinda true to the original).

665b03f26e230ZylonBane

665b03f26e282
I'm hoping against a Descent-ish implementation, because Descent-style gameplay is both more complex and more disorienting than FPS gameplay. This is the opposite of how non-core gameplay modes should be integrated. Cyberspace should be more in line with bonus round/minigame style modes, where the controls are simpler than the main gameplay.

I believe it would be possible to implement all the core elements and decision-making of SS1 cyberspace while molding it into a more guided experience. Really, this wouldn't be much of a change from how most people play SS1 cyberspace anyway-- follow a tunnel to the next combat area, then sit in one spot shooting like crazy at the attackers.

So something kind of like this, but with Tron textures and without the terrible commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71oUX7AOvhw

Acknowledged by: Hikari
665b03f26e3ac
Not sure if I'd want to see it in SS but I kinda like the simplistic Tron-like visual representation of oldschool cyberspace in this game called Black Ice that I just stumbled upon when I searched for a certain movie sequence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3bIJO75Opk

665b03f26e7f7
Cyberspace should be more in line with bonus round/minigame style modes, where the controls are simpler than the main gameplay.

If Dead Space can get away with it with the excellent disorienting Zero-G segments, especially in 2 & 3 which give you full 360 degree flight, I think SSR can.
Besides, it's overall complexity that matters, and overall the FPS gameplay is more complex than the cyberspace.  All you do is move and shoot in cyberspace, as well as try to determine what the hell it is you are meant to be shooting at :/
In SSR, I wouldn't say no the addition of the occasional puzzle. Go all-in gamey (within reason), it's cyberspace and as you say there's no reason to look for much logic or realism there, so long as you match the theme.
« Last Edit: 04. July 2016, 21:52:44 by Join usss! »
1 Guest is here.
maybe we're lazy or it may be a curse
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665b03f26f6a5