1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Hi-Resolution Player Models Read 114917 times  

662a678d1e88c
Tags: °mesh °SS2

Quote by Readme:
Hi-Res Player Model for Multiplayer

Model by Arcaniac
Textures by leaf

This mod replaces the crappy piles of triangles that were included in the original game. Now, with this mod, you now have 4 high-resolution player models, all color-coordinated and working, to use ingame!

Before you install this mod, make sure that you have merged the CRFs with Kolya's SS2Tool. If you haven't, or you just plain don't feel like it, place the "patch" folder into the RES folder. If you don't have a "patch" folder, you either don't have the SS2 patch, or you've already merged the CRFs.

Use with SS2 Mod Manager or extract the "mesh" folder manually into your mod-ready SS2 installation root.

Load up SS2 Multiplayer and enjoy!

Notes/Bugs

- I, leaf, take no credit for the creation of the mesh model, made by Arcaniac. I do, however, take credit for the modifications to the player texture.
- Some weapons will show up strange in the player's hand. eg, the pistol goes through the player's fingers.

To test the mod, open a single player save, open the console (shift+;), and type "summon_obj default avatar 1"

That command summons the player_1 object. If it looks like a pile of triangles, read the readme.

Report any bugs to my email address, leafss2@gmail.com

Here's a video of an earlier version, when the model was still work in progress.

[flash=400,336]http://www.youtube.com/v/3y4SaBLfxaw[/flash]

EDIT: Those who complain that the model needs two goggles, I've attached a texture for you to put in your mesh/txt16 folder. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 13. November 2014, 20:50:27 by Kolya »
Acknowledged by: TheSarcasticCanadian

662a678d1ea8cNot You

662a678d1eaf7
I haven't tested it yet, but from the video I have to ask:  Where's the goggles?

EDIT:  I just opened it with ModManager.  I get through the intro, but it kicks me out at the loading screen.  I was having the same trouble with Ponterbee Station, so it may just be my computer.

EDIT(2):  I tried it by loading a save file, then summoned up the avatar.  He was just as low-poly as before.

Please ignore my bug complaints, my ss2 is glitching up altogether.  I'll try to fix the problem and test this again later.
« Last Edit: 02. March 2008, 19:48:55 by Not You »
662a678d1ec16
I added a "goggle" to the model. If you want 2, I'll make a separate head texture.

662a678d1eed5Not You

662a678d1ef47
I added a "goggle" to the model. If you want 2, I'll make a separate head texture.

Nah, if I see that another texture is needed, I'll do it myself.
662a678d1f2c6
Good work leaf! Although I kinda miss the eponymous goggles...
662a678d1f408
I wasn't able to add true 3D goggles.

Whenever I open a 3ds converted from BIN, I can't edit it w/o ruining the mesh.

And I thought that one interface thing would make due.

I'm glad it's working for people! :)

662a678d1f4d6Not You

662a678d1f529
I tried it again on my other computer.  It's not working.  Would you happen to have a previous version (like the one in the video)?  I'd like to try that.
662a678d1f652
I tested the mod on a completely new install of SS2, and it worked fine. Check that your "patch" folder is in your "RES" folder.

662a678d1f8a9Not You

662a678d1f900
I tested the mod on a completely new install of SS2, and it worked fine. Check that your "patch" folder is in your "RES" folder.

Agh! Just one of those little details I missed.  Talk about feeling stupid...

662a678d1fa59Chandlermaki

662a678d1fab1
I can't see the video, leaf... But is it the 1 i recorded?

I'm at school. Thats why i CAN'T SEE IT.
662a678d1fd38
I can't see the video, leaf... But is it the 1 i recorded?

I'm at school. Thats why i CAN'T SEE IT.

Yeah, it's your's. I'm gonna record a new video when we MP on Friday.

662a678d1fe81V-Raptor

662a678d1fed5
Great work! It's been so long we were waiting for it... )))

But I don’t like his face. It seems that the player had artificial eyes in SS2. That’s how the interface worked. In your model such a feature is killed. And here is one idea. It’s pretty boring - all these cyborgs with handsome faces (dues ex, etc...) It will be nice to see a face disfigured by some tech modifications... Just for System Shock cruel world! ;)

662a678d20202RocketMan

662a678d20261
Those sad eye brows are awesome.  The face in general is awesome.  Body is true to the original.  Very nice.  I have to say though the missing goggles really stands out for me.  Only other gripe would be the open hand.  I know that a closed hand doesn't make sense with certain weapons but I think it's more believeable to have weapons protruding from a fist then floating on the surface of an open palm.
662a678d2038e
I stated in the readme that I didn't make the model. If anyone can give me precise instructions on how to import, edit, and export a mesh model w/o ruining it, please tell me.
662a678d205b4
No, I still have the work he'd done so far in Maya though.
662a678d2079e
What wrench is being used in the screens/video? I've been looking for a hi-res wrench to replace the original but the only one I found was this: https://www.systemshock.org/index.php/topic,679.0.html - which I found to be lacking the big sturdy look of the original :)

Never mind I finally found the wrench you are using in SS2 Arcaniac Weapons. I had already been all the mods through in the mod subforum, but I must have missed it.

On a more relevant note I think this player model definently looks good, it's high poly and detailed compared to the original. I agree though that the goggles have to be added, the fugly main character is part of SS2 :D

But in any case great job and I definently prefer this model to the old one :)
« Last Edit: 28. March 2008, 00:33:06 by Kolya »
662a678d20a37
I don't really see any goggles on the screenshots in the first post. Am I supposed to see goggles or does the newest version models look different than on the SS2? :)
The Thing on Top of Googgles Head
662a678d20b4d
The thing on googgles head looks like his hair is conected to his back.

662a678d20c11RocketMan

662a678d20c6e
I think the goggles thing can be fixed simply by some good photoshop editing.  I tried to place some goggles i found on the net intot the texture but i suck at these things....anyone want to try?
662a678d20db3
I whised i had Googgles unyform but with glovs instead, no black thingoing over my had, a helmet with a strap so it keeps on my head and all the blue bites replaced with darck grey.  :)

I hate blue.
« Last Edit: 03. May 2008, 17:01:59 by Kolya »
662a678d20fc9
I hate blue.

Stop complaining, don't double-post and if you want a better Goggles texture, do it yourself.
662a678d210d7
Im not complaining. I carnt use mulity player. Im not saying i whunt it im saying i whunt it in real life. So you stop complaining. And whats a doubel-post.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you ____ a perfect, immortal machine? (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
“That’s really not for me to talk about; I think that’s more a matter for law enforcement,” Mr. Quist said.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
662a678d21da9