665b02bfa644d

665b02bfa8c8f
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SSR Last 24 Hours for System Shock Kickstarter!
Page: « 1 [2]
Read 4588 times  

665b02bfab6f8DKDArtagnan

Re: Last 24 Hours for System Shock Kickstarter!
665b02bfab776
Yes, using the correct word is the wrong thing to do, because Zylon will naturally assume I mean something else, as he doesn't know any better. Yes, using the phrase "in general" which inherently allows for exceptions means those that might exist can't be important. I have no problem believing your position is that being against something on a personal level means YOU think no one should have access to it - but that's not my way. I'm also not surprised you can't see how it's possible to allow for a different position, given your general attitude.

I don't really feel responsible for your ignorance of these concepts or your pattern of assuming so much from so little information. The pattern is clear, though. I'm sure you think NDS are responsible for your problems with their remake based on your time with the demo - as if you actually understood their vision for the final game, based on such an early demonstration. It's not that it's just an extremely early way of showing a glimpse of their concept - no, everything you can find that's not your preference must be a thing they intend to force into the final game.

That's just how you roll, I guess. You're the last one to blame for your own ignorance, I get it.

In any case, this exchange is probably not going to magically turn productive.

I'll leave it be.
« Last Edit: 29. July 2016, 17:07:15 by DKDArtagnan »

665b02bfab990ZylonBane

665b02bfab9ec
Shine on, you glorious lunatic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYGxWGduCCQ
665b02bfabbc3
My own take/opinion is that they did pretty well with the KickStarter.  I agree a PR person on the KS campaign page more would have been helpful and that they could have revealed some of the latter stretchgoals earlier, but hindsight is 20/20, and I really think they gave it their best (and did quite well in the end, though I'm hoping Post-KS they can still meet some more goals)!

I also didn't really feel like they went back on anything, except maybe the RPG elements (which I personally felt was more of a directional clarification than an outright change, and I appreciated that they took into consideration feedback).

As far as localization, I don't need it, but I'm very happy for the people who'll get to play the game in the language of their choice, whether it's just subtitles or audio.  I know how frustrating it is to really want to watch or listen to something in another language and not have the option of understanding it, so I think it was a worthy stretch goal myself even though it won't mean a lot for me personally.
Acknowledged by: Hikari
665b02bfabd3e
Heh. Kung Pow. I used to love that film as a teen. In hindsight it is highly juvenile and particular parts are just cringey, but some of the jokes are simply timeless.
665b02bfac0dd
I always favored Kung Fu Hustle over Kung Pow.
The knife throwing scene always cracks me up.
Acknowledged by: voodoo47
665b02bfac236
Yeah, Hustle is certainly the better film overall, but you can't beat Pow for a barrel of juvenile laughs. I haven't even seen either in approximately ten years so I'm curious to how Pow holds up to a young adult rather than a teen. Nonetheless a big part of its genius is how it is blended with classic martial art movie footage and is a highly offensive piss take of that genre and its creators, a genre I love regardless of its traditionally low production values and sometimes wacky filming/acting/editing style. Often shits all over modern Hollywood action movies anyhow.

665b02bfac2dbDrone-Dragon

665b02bfac32b
Oh look, drama!

:awesome:
665b02bfac461
Btw, anyone knows where did the video of Deus Ex from that 24-hrs stream go? It's not in the recorded videos... for some reason.

https://www.twitch.tv/nightdivestudios/profile
665b02bfac5b8
Valet2, found it - it's in the Nightdive Plays: Fallout New Vegas w/ Chris Avellone and other devs video.  For some reason, they're mislabled.  The Warframe one actually has the New Vegas stuff (midway through). 
1 Guest is here.
The descendant of Scottish immigrants, Lizzie had pale skin, a strong jawline and a strong work ethic.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665b02bfaed24