6627f2eecbf6a

Page: [1] 2 »
6627f2eecc60b
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Game glitching out Read 27159 times  

6627f2eecccd6Lion O Cyborg

6627f2eeccd67
I start the game with the mod but the intro FMV is missing and most of the objects like the tram are invisible.

I thought it might be because I am running it with the integrated graphics instead of my NVIDA card but running even the vanilla game that way makes it crash as soon as it launches.

What the hell is going on?

6627f2eeccf89voodoo47

6627f2eeccfef
make sure you are patched up and loading mods properly. also yeah, you should run the game on your dedicated gpu if possible.

6627f2eecd0e9Lion O Cyborg

6627f2eecd149
I usually do run my GPU but in SS2's case it crashes the game upon launching, vanilla or not.

6627f2eecd1e9Lion O Cyborg

6627f2eecd231
Also, I use the GOG version which I'm sure is the fully patched one. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

6627f2eecd351Lion O Cyborg

6627f2eecd3a4
Copying the objects folder to the main game one seems to trigger the missing objects. Removing it returns them but I have a sneaking suspicion that they are the originals and not the mod's ones.

FMV seems to be fixed since I reinstalled though.

If the problem is because I'm not using my GPU, then it's too bad because of the crashes it triggers when I do use it even with vanilla.

It is an NVIDA GeForce GTX675MX/4GB GDDR5 with the latest driver installed (I upgraded to it for running Doom 4).

Also, running this mod with SCP causes a black screen bug when the training level loads. The ambient noise plays for a second but the map doesn't appear and the sound cuts out. I can still pause the game, but nothing else happens.

No idea why the objects bug happens.

6627f2eecd440Lion O Cyborg

6627f2eecd489
Now I've tried patching which seems to fix the NVIDA bug but now every texture glitches out like a hall of mirrors in a coral reef.

6627f2eecd51dLion O Cyborg

6627f2eecd567
PS, I used the SS2 tool to do it and as well as the glitched textures, when I step off the train, the game crashes soon after.

6627f2eecd610voodoo47

6627f2eecd659
post your shock2.log, ss2bmm.log (if present), and crash.dmp (might be large, zip it up and upload to some online storage and post the link). screenshots would be nice as well.

will move this to the helpdesk in a moment.
6627f2eecd9a4
Reminds me of my problem when I switched to Windows 10.
I had to comment out d3d_disp_no_rgb10_buf in the cam_ext.cfg

But now I have updated to a new driver from NVIDIA and apparently they fixed it, so it can stay active.
Do you have the latest driver for your NVIDIA card installed?

6627f2eecda70Lion O Cyborg

6627f2eecdac0
As far as I know, yes. I haven't checked recently but when Doom 4 came out, I updated to the latest one at that time as my driver before then wasn't good enough to run that game.

6627f2eecdd30Lion O Cyborg

6627f2eecdd7a
The glitches in the screenshot vary bug they flick rapidly between normal textures, menu and text textures and white nothingness.

6627f2eecde83voodoo47

6627f2eecded9
ok, so let me sum this up - making a clean install (what's your source btw? GOG is up to date with v 2.45, so that can't be it unless you have some old installer), patching it up with SS2tool, and uncommenting (removing ; from) d3d_disp_no_rgb10_buf in cam_ext.cfg will still bug out?

also, have you tried running windowed?

//log2 says you are running in the dx6 (safe)mode. this is not recommended - repatch with the tool and do not enable the safemode.
« Last Edit: 14. August 2016, 16:47:55 by voodoo47 »

6627f2eecdf9bLion O Cyborg

6627f2eecdfe6
I'm using a rather old installer from GOG. I'll need to get the new one and test it. maybe avoid the safe mode options when I patch that.

6627f2eece08avoodoo47

6627f2eece0d6
definitely. today's gpus have very bad support for dx6, and the safemode will probably do more harm than good.

make sure to wipe all the old files and create a new install from scratch.

6627f2eece1acLion O Cyborg

6627f2eece1f9
After getting a new installer and patching, it seems to work fine and I've also updated my GPU again.

I had to move the files that were in the SS2tool backup folder back to the main folder to get the game to work as it needed Admin privilege to work and I couldn't set it to run as admin because the path had changed.

It seems to be OK just now with and without the mod. It still won't run with my GPU  without the patch but it seems fine now.

Domo Arigato.

6627f2eece2d8voodoo47

6627f2eece33d
it shouldn't be necessary to mess with the files manually, as this may bite you back later. why did you have to do it again? the game should work fine right out of the box (latest GOG install) and also after patching up (SS2tool), without doing anything else.

"still won't run with my GPU  without the patch" now I'm getting slightly confused - do you mean the tool?

6627f2eece713ZylonBane

6627f2eece771
I had to move the files that were in the SS2tool backup folder back to the main folder to get the game to work as it needed Admin privilege to work and I couldn't set it to run as admin because the path had changed.
No part of this sentence makes sense. It sounds like you're just doing random things every time there's a problem and hoping that somehow fixes it.
6627f2eece8ee
The game does not need admin permissions.
SS2Tool only moves files to the backup folder that it has changed or replaced. It is not advisable to move them back, as you are undoing updates.

6627f2eece9e4Lion O Cyborg

6627f2eecea2e
The game exe wouldn't run at first due to needing admin privileges but since the path was different due to them being moved to the backup folder, I couldn't set the properties.

I just copied the files from the SS2 backup and didn't cut them. I didn't copy the files that were already in the SS2 main folder but I don't know if that helps.

Doesn't seem to have affected it badly though as it even runs SCP now simultaneously with Rebirth without the blackness glitch.

What I meant was that the vanilla game without patching it with SS2 tool is the one that doesn't run with my GPU, the patched one does run with the GPU, with or without mods.

6627f2eeced18ZylonBane

6627f2eeced6b
The game exe wouldn't run at first due to needing admin privileges but since the path was different due to them being moved to the backup folder, I couldn't set the properties.
None of this makes any smegging sense. The updated SS2 exe should not require admin rights to run. What path? What is "them"? The location of a file has nothing to do with setting its properties.

6627f2eecee6cLion O Cyborg

6627f2eeceeb5
When the files were moved to the backup folder, their location path i.e. where you click to get to them had changed slightly and this confused the computer when I tried to set the properties.

The desktop shortcut was defaulted to the "start.exe" application of the new GOG build which was one of the files moved to the backup. That was the one that "needed admin rights to function properly" as Windows 10 told me. I guess I should have replaced it with a shortcut to the actual Shock 2.exe instead.

It doesn't really matter as the mods seem to run OK with the shortcut just now since the fix.
6627f2eecf011
Again, the game exe does not need admin rights.
SS2Tool moves the old shock2.exe into the backup folder and puts a new better shock2.exe where the old one was. You just need to run the new one.

If you want shortcuts, SS2Tool can create them for you in the Start menu and on the desktop. Delete the old shortcuts.

If you encounter problems then tell us. Don't just copy around stuff.
6627f2eecf0f1
Probably some compatibility options enabled. They make it so you get asked for admin rights
1 Guest is here.
Cyberpunk is basically hacker-gangsters in a bleak dystopian world filled with highly-advanced computers, robots, and shady corporations beyond governmental control.
Page: [1] 2 »
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6627f2eecf8f7