666c12af5f8d0

666c12af5ff1c
1 Guest is here.

Topic: New Hires at Otherside Doug Church On Board!
Page: « 1 [2]
Read 5007 times  

666c12af60683Nameless Voice

666c12af606f0
You know what's funny? Two people in that list today are producers, one is now a "creative consultant" and one is a voice actress.

Terri Brosius used to be a level designer, too.  She worked on some of the missions in Thief Gold and Thief 2, for instance.
666c12af60be5
Terri Brosius used to be a level designer, too.  She worked on some of the missions in Thief Gold and Thief 2, for instance.
I know, the emphasis is on "now/today". Paul Neurath used to be a designer and a programmer, now he's a manager, Doug Church used to be a game designer Renaissance man & genius, now he's a creative consultant, at least in this case (who knows what he's doing at Valve). And as far as I know, Terri has been hired as a voice actress only.
Acknowledged by: Join usss!

666c12af60d51Zanderat

666c12af60dc0
True that Terry's return as Shodan is being highly publicized.  But we really don't know if she will be doing anything else.  They pretty much got the band back together.  So, let's see if they still have "it".  To me, this is waaay preferable to what almost happened at EA.  Dead Space came very close to being called SS3.  Only the whole insurance company thing stopped it. 

666c12af6134dDrone-Dragon

666c12af613a8
I know, the emphasis is on "now/today". Paul Neurath used to be a designer and a programmer, now he's a manager, Doug Church used to be a game designer Renaissance man & genius, now he's a creative consultant, at least in this case (who knows what he's doing at Valve). And as far as I know, Terri has been hired as a voice actress only.

As a creative consultant, he can do a lot to steer the game in a good direction...if people listen to him, or if his direction isn't crap to begin with. The whole redundant "exploring SHODAN's motivation" seems to be coming from Spector, for instance.

True that Terry's return as Shodan is being highly publicized.  But we really don't know if she will be doing anything else.  They pretty much got the band back together.  So, let's see if they still have "it".  To me, this is waaay preferable to what almost happened at EA.  Dead Space came very close to being called SS3.  Only the whole insurance company thing stopped it. 

If they get her as more than just vocals for SHODAN, they'd more than likely have to pay her more...so...

...then again, they may want to pay that extra to get her to do some stuff.

666c12af6155ficemann

666c12af615bb
Well they could get Tribe back together again. Though their music style would completely not be appropriate for a System Shock game.

Would make me happier though. Damn fine music they did back in the day.
Acknowledged by: Kolya
1 Guest is here.
You've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
666c12af62393