665bfa013432c

665bfa0134ec2
1 Guest is here.

665bfa0135712voodoo47

665bfa0135779
upon destruction, a droid will not explode completely, but create a wreck that will persist in the world for another 20 seconds, and then blow up normally. during this timeframe, you can repair it to convert it to your side - and do this infinite amount of times, technically making the droid immortal. repair 3 for Maintenance droid, 4 for Security Droid, and 5 for Assault droid (and 50 nanites) required at the moment, the repairs should be reasonably difficult.

SCP beta3+ only, can be activated/deactivated mid game, assign it the highest priority.
[SS2_Droid_Immortality_rc1.7z expired]
[SS2_Droid_Immortality_rc2.7z expired]
[SS2_Droid_Immortality_rc3.7z expired]
[SS2_Droid_Immortality_rc4.7z expired]
[SS2_Droid_Immortality_rc5.7z expired]
« Last Edit: 05. October 2017, 16:05:38 by voodoo47 »
Re: SS2 Big Droid Immortality Protocol (SCP minimod)
665bfa0135911
Quite a bold and interesting design choice. I wonder how will it be balanced if introduced for Security and Military robots too. Possibly have lower repair time windows for them? Robots have limited mobility anyway, so it should not be too overpowered to have one friendly robot or so in an area.

665bfa01359e8voodoo47

665bfa0135a3a
the nanite cost and minimum skill requirements/repair difficulty will probably be quite restrictive. also thinking to make big bots hackable, but only when in stasis - anything that makes the SFG more usable is good (note to self - if done this needs to work with the psi robot freeze as well).

665bfa0135af7voodoo47

665bfa0135b44
new version - discovered an unused resource that allowed me to create a proper bot wreck, things looking much better now.

on a completely unrelated note, does someone have a decent resolution SS1 headshot emoticon from the Hacker's shirt by any chance?
665bfa0135cdf
Should be easy enough to remake. :headshot:
[hackershirt.png expired]
665bfa0135dc7
Quick vector.
[ss1HeadshotSmilie.pdf expired]
Acknowledged by: voodoo47

665bfa0135e66voodoo47

665bfa0135eb0
bleh, not going to work, the texture on the bot is mirrored.
665bfa0135fc6
Haha, did you mean to give the converted bot a headshot smilie bumper sticker?

665bfa01360a7voodoo47

665bfa01360f2
guilty as charged. //maybe if the shot wound would be mirrorable. //nope, 'cause the texture is mirrored on the bot's back as well. IG really wanted the game to run well on graphics cards with 2MB texmem.

« Last Edit: 31. January 2017, 18:54:57 by voodoo47 »
665bfa01364d8
Can't you just mirror the texture you want to put on it as well?

665bfa013658fvoodoo47

665bfa0136655
not in a way that would look good. anyway, plenty of time for such details once all the mechanics work properly - and at the moment, I'm not yet sure they ever will.

665bfa01366f7voodoo47

665bfa0136746
rc1, all droids have been set up.

665bfa0136838mireazma

665bfa0136887
With Droid Immortality rc1 enabled I killed the maintenance droid in med/sci by the morgue and he exploded in a fire ball leaving no remains. After a while I could hear another distant explosion which I suspect it was down there where he initially was stationed.

For what I've been playing, SCP gives sensibly more immersion and even letting map modifications aside, it brings small but effective tweaks that I have to admit I couldn't play without, now that I've seen them.
« Last Edit: 03. October 2017, 22:53:50 by mireazma »

665bfa0136c7bvoodoo47

665bfa0136ce3
immortality needs to have higher priority than SCP, also, had a quick look at rc1, and fixed a bug, so get rc2 from the first post.

good news is that I think it will be possible to make a full (SCP beta4) dml minimod out of this (will need to fix something in the SCP beta4 gamesys to make this possible), if a bit awkward under the hood.
For what I've been playing, SCP gives sensibly more immersion and even letting map modifications aside, it brings small but effective tweaks that I have to admit I couldn't play without, now that I've seen them.
yes, that is exactly what should happen.

665bfa0136e44mireazma

665bfa0136e96
rc2 same issue like rc1 but this time I tested more carefully what's going on (re-loading the same save over and over):
I'm not sure I was correct the first time saying a secondary explosion occurred at different coords.
Now there are apparently random times when the droid explodes to nothing and times when it does it to a wreck.  What I'm 90% sure though, is it explodes to a wreck at all times but the wreck is not always visible. When this happens I can bump into the invisible wreck and it also impedes the cargo bays elevators to move. But I can't interact and it completely disappears after like 5-10 sec (or probably after not having it in my fov anymore?)

665bfa0136f4avoodoo47

665bfa0136f98
rc3 is up - tested on the game exe, with saving and loading, works properly on my machine.

665bfa0137065mireazma

665bfa01370c0
Tested rc3 and it's better i.e. a part is always showing as it should.
ninja: it only happens half of times, the other half is good.
[dump002.png expired]

665bfa0137221voodoo47

665bfa0137271
all I can say is that rc3 works as it should on my computer, retested with a clean install to make sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYH90f07eao

guess we'll have to do it the hard way - zip up your entire SS2 folder (excluding the cutscenes), upload it to some storage that allows large files (google gdrive would be ideal) and share the link.

or maybe post a screenshot of your modmanager first, though I can't imagine any mod being capable of causing this.

//try rc4, it's a shot in the dark, but who knows.
« Last Edit: 04. October 2017, 13:02:34 by voodoo47 »

665bfa0137331mireazma

665bfa013737e
rc4 same as rc3. I'll test it with a clean install and new game just to make sure. As for the mod manager:
[Screenshot_1.png expired]

665bfa01375famireazma

665bfa0137666
Sorry for double posting. It's for notifying voodoo47.

Can anybody confirm it is/it's not always working? I've seen 3 downloads for rc4. TBH it's one of the greatest mods - I don't know why so few downloads anyways.

With no other mods but SCP and Droid Immortality + new game, the issue persists. But this time I understood what's going on:
In the med/sci, if the issue happens, on killing the droid, an invisible yet physical wrecked droid appears in the correct place with only that particular part showing. Neither you nor any AI can shoot through it (see screenshot 1). But a correct wreck appears at another location - always the same location - on the rails above the recharging unit - no matter where  you kill it (screenshot 2). It works as intended (blows up, lootable).

I don't want to be the cause of releasing rc's (for which I already feel awkward) or to flood the thread so if there's another report page please say.
It would be perfect if anybody else here tested it and tried to kill the droid in the same spots where I did.

I also noticed that if it's killed (as in the last decisive damage) by the cargo bay lift or by wrench the problem never appears!
[dump004.png expired]
[dump005.png expired]

665bfa013779avoodoo47

665bfa01377ed
once you kill the medsci bot, run really fast to that catwalk, and see whether a complete and repairable bot wreck happens to be stuck there. also no need to feel bad about anything, messy tech stuff is what Engineering is for.

also yeah, you've got some sort of demonic possession going on - the script is definitely loaded, but things are not happening as they should.

665bfa0137906voodoo47

665bfa013795e
allright, attaching an extremely cut down test version of the mod - maintenance droids only, and should work like this:

-spawn a charred wreck of the droid when it's destroyed
-the wreck is repairable, will stay in the world forever
-once repaired successfully, the wreck will be removed and a friendly bot will be spawned

lets see whether that works for you (disable the regular rc, and load the testmod).
[maintbottest.7z expired]

665bfa0137a4dmireazma

665bfa0137a9c
I've already checked and the wreck spawns intact (rc4).
With the test version it's the same - the droid spawns intact on the rails although it looks much better now :)

665bfa0137f16voodoo47

665bfa0137f6a
I also noticed that if it's killed (as in the last decisive damage) by the cargo bay lift or by wrench the problem never appears!
you mean that if the bot is killed by a melee weapon or environmental hazard, everything works properly?

//ok, so I tried using a pistol (been using an emp rifle as always), and woah it's happening. so the good news is it's not your computer.

//another simple test is attached. pretty sure this one will work.
[maintbottest2.7z expired]
« Last Edit: 05. October 2017, 11:38:41 by voodoo47 »
1 Guest is here.
Yes, you too can help an anthropomorphic fox realize his dream of traveling into unknown space to shoot paper airplanes and a giant one-armed bandit.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665bfa013b510