665bb43a1ad0c

665bb43a1b86e
2 Guests are here.

665bb43a1bfa3JMP-Jack

665bb43a1c04d
Added textures to blue bolts and wires. Wires are impossible to unwrap: I use beziel curve and decimate modifier: the polygons are too messy. I hope they are good.

I also removed emissions to red switches because I haven't been able to make it look like the Kolya's example screenshot. I think It's better if I leave like the original.

I'm tired now. Tomorrow I will check here if there are any suggestions.
Goodnight.

[JMP Fusion Cannon Alt test.rar expired]
[JMP Fusion Cannon Original test.rar expired]
[Fusion Alt Version.png expired]
[Fusion Orininal Version.png expired]

665bb43a1c3fcRocketMan

665bb43a1c466
Looks good.  The original version is missing the animated textures but that's a flat 2D square so should be easy to fix.  I will see if I can fix the original texture a bit (not happy with the brightness level of the copper).  If I have any success, I'll PM you or something with the new version to try out.

665bb43a1c50eJMP-Jack

665bb43a1c55d
Ok, I'll wait for your fix.

665bb43a1c638JMP-Jack

665bb43a1c688
Fusion Cannon 1.0

It's ready for SS2 Modifications section?
[JMP Fusion Cannon Alt 1.0.rar expired]
[JMP Fusion Cannon Original 1.0.rar expired]
[Fusion Cannon Alt Version.png expired]
[Fusion Cannon Original Version.png expired]

665bb43a1c7a4voodoo47

665bb43a1c7ee
would recommend adding the missing assets to make it a full standalone mod - again, mod dependencies are to be avoided unless there is no other way around.

665bb43a1c896JMP-Jack

665bb43a1c8df
I had already thought of doing so, but I felt as if I had stolen the mods of other users.

If you tell it's better, I'll upload all my files already joined to the mods.

665bb43a1c99dJMP-Jack

665bb43a1c9e5
I've also added my new shotgun sound add-on.
The SG hasn't an animation for pump action so, I suppose is automatic. I add a real SG soundeffect without pump action sound. Personally, I really like it.

[JMP Stand Alone.rar expired]
[JMP New Shotgun Sound.rar expired]

665bb43a1cd0cRocketMan

665bb43a1cd60
I had already thought of doing so, but I felt as if I had stolen the mods of other users.

If you tell it's better, I'll upload all my files already joined to the mods.

It's unavoidable that if you want to put hands on the gun, you are going to have to include the entire source mod of the original author into your "value added" mod.  The best way to do this, once you have permission, is to include the entire contents of the original mod plus your additions.  That way, the end-user immediately recognizes where everything came from (if the credits don't already give it away) without thinking the mod is new.

I'm short of free time these days but rest-assured I will revisit this (and other delinquent work I've committed to) some time in the near future.  Until then you can certainly release the mod as it is... just add the missing files as Voodoo said, and make sure nothing is broken.  It should basically function as the original mod did...  but with hands now.

For your alternate version, you can pretty much do whatever you want with it because the original is also available for people to choose if they want to.
« Last Edit: 02. June 2017, 16:12:27 by RocketMan »

665bb43a1ce4aJMP-Jack

665bb43a1ce97
In fact I have specified in the description (on SS2 Modifications section) that it's an add-on and added the source mod links to respect the other modders who have already done a great job (of course I will also add the link of your Fusion Cannon). Meanwhile, I have already uploaded the updated files, pending approval.

If the new "stand alone" version will be approved, I will update the description, trying to be as specific as possible.

665bb43a1cfa3voodoo47

665bb43a1cff4
further modding of already available assets is ok unless specified otherwise. if the original author is still active, asking for permission is recommended.

what should be avoided (as already mentioned) is making a mod depend on another mod, or anything that would require a regular user to mess around with files, as that increases the chance of someone messing up exponentially.

as long as the archives include all the required files, create a new post with the mods attached and I'll move it to the mods subforum - or do you want them attached to RocketMan's original mod post?

665bb43a1d0feJMP-Jack

665bb43a1d148
I was thinking: if I include all tacticool weapons + my addon + R&R&R Emp + RocketMan Fusion Cannon all in one (in a new post), would it be better? I think it's the best option, since people must still download the remaining tacticool weapon that I didn't change. In this way it will be impossible to confuse and people can download everything in a single package.

Example of packages

JMP Weapon Mod Collection.rar

JMP Shotgun Alt Version

JMP Shotgun Alt Sound

JMP Fusion Alt Version

or

Separate all folder into rar file and choose one at a time with bmm.

665bb43a1d242voodoo47

665bb43a1d28c
ok, load everything here (the pulse rifle included), and lets call it SS2 JMP Jack's Hires Weapons with player hands. all weapons should be available as separate archives.

I'll modify the description accordingly then (something like these are weapons from various hires packs already available with the player hand added).
« Last Edit: 02. June 2017, 18:05:06 by voodoo47 »

665bb43a1d38evoodoo47

665bb43a1d3d8
ok, there is something odd going on with vhot2 on the shotgun models - basically, setting up a gunflash link to a muzzle flash using vhot2 will cause the effect to spawn under the gun just like when the vhot is unset or has invalid number (funnily enough, vhot1 seems to work poperly). oddly enough, the flash gets works properly in SCP, as it uses a different method of spawning it (NVscript, but still uses vhot2).

the vhotted vanilla and Tacticool shotguns are both fine, so I'm pretty sure it's something within the JMP model - Olfred, any chance you could check vhot2 on both JMP shotguns? maybe it's just a tiny bit off or something, or perhaps the model needs to be re-exported.
« Last Edit: 30. June 2017, 13:01:15 by voodoo47 »
665bb43a1d691
Can you point me to the download?

665bb43a1d757voodoo47

665bb43a1d7a3
right (SG_H.bin - it's the normal shotty, the other one seems to be mia, but no matter for the moment).
« Last Edit: 30. June 2017, 18:23:41 by voodoo47 »
665bb43a1d8a0
I opened it up and vhot 2 is at the front muzzle. Even in ShockEd it shows to be on the front muzzle.
The difference between this shotgun and the vhotted shotgun I gave you is that there is no vhot-0.
So maybe that gives you some trouble?

665bb43a1d95evoodoo47

665bb43a1d9a7
aha, I didn't notice that, good catch. I don't think vhot0 is used for anything, but it it might be causing the problems anyway - wouldn't be the strangest thing we've seen so far.

can you add it so the vhot setup would fully match the current Tacticool shotgun, or shall we leave it to JMP Jack?
665bb43a1da8c
I usally don't like to mingle in someone elses work. But if he doesn't show up in the next couple of days I'll just do it.
Acknowledged by: voodoo47

665bb43a1db6cvoodoo47

665bb43a1dbb6
@JMP-Jack

the shotgun vhots need to be refixed - vhot0 is missing and vhot1 is not quite where it's supposed to be (yes, managed to miss it when I was testing the model), please have a look at this as soon as possible (it's causing minor issues with Secmod, or so we believe).
[badvhots.jpg expired]

665bb43a1dc4dvoodoo47

665bb43a1dc96
doesn't seem like he's going to be around anytime soon, so Olfred, would you kindly - thanks.
665bb43a1dd7d
Check if this one is good.
[sg_h.bin expired]

665bb43a1de1bvoodoo47

665bb43a1de65
something definitely went wrong - they are numbered 10/11/12 instead of 0/1/2
[nopevhots.jpg expired]
665bb43a1df99
Ah, yes.
Haven't been working with the exporter for months and messed up.
This should do it.
[jmp left shotgun.zip expired]

665bb43a1e03dvoodoo47

665bb43a1e085
technically works, but vhot 0 and 1 could really use some repositioning.
[vhotmiss.jpg expired]
2 Guests are here.
We managed to restore artificial gravity for this deck, but neither the local array of sensors nor the interior lighting systems seem to be operative.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665bb43a212b0