663983244fcc7

66398324502db
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Gamepad support download Read 4281 times  

663983245078cZuites127

Heres a simple download and program that can run in tandem with SS2 to allow the use of a gamepad. It has unique controls for when in menus and after a good bit of testing I can confirm that it works very smoothly. This is good for those that are unable to use a keyboard for extended periods of time due to physical disabilities or those who simply prefer gamepad. It is currently setup to work with an Xbox-360 controller however you can manually set it up to work with any other controller, whether it be PS4, or Gamecube (I tested, it works). Outside menus your aiming is fast enough to turn quickly and holding LT will slow your aim enough to improve accuracy. The dpad will swap weapons and use healing items. When in menus the cursor will move slow enough to click on small objects with accuracy and the dpad will now automatically move the cursor to several points of interest in the menus allowing for easier navigation. I tossed this together because playing on a mouse and keyboard really hurts my hands and back and I figured that I may as well share it with all of you as well.

66398324509e9ZylonBane

6639832450ac0
That isn't a program, it's just a set of keybind files.

6639832450bfdicemann

6639832450c4e
Why you'd ever want to play SS2 on a gamepad when a keyboard and mouse is the superior choice, is beyond me.

6639832450d89voodoo47

6639832450ddd
he's got some sort of medical problem - guess that is a valid reason why one would want to do that.

anyway, I don't mind keeping the download around, as someone might find it useful even when it's just a bind set, but it would be nice if someone could confirm whether it does what it's supposed to.
66398324512b4
Why you'd ever want to play SS2 on a gamepad when a keyboard and mouse is the superior choice, is beyond me.

I prefer using a gamepad to the keyboard and mouse (to me it just feels more natural and comfortable), and all else being equal, I use a gamepad (XBox 360, wired) when playing games on my PC or laptop. But that's dependent on each individual game, as on a console the games are designed to be used with a gamepad (which compared to a mouse is slower to move and also less precise), but on the PC it's not usually the case, meaning that lots of PC first person shooters can't be easily played with a gamepad - you can configure them well enough, but the game-play might be too fast or the required accuracy might be too high for most people if using a gamepad.

I've not tried SS2 with a gamepad though, it just never seemed the sort of game I'd associate with a gamepad, somehow. I might try it though, so thanks Zuites127 for the files.

so the console game might be naturally slower to play or feature aiming-assist (such as auto-aim or sticky-aim)
1 Guest is here.
No you won't understand
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6639832454bf7