664b78c2e03ac

664b78c2e0abe
2 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 Rebalanced Skills and Disciplines
Page: « 1 ... 9 [10] 11 ... 15 »
Read 49735 times  

664b78c2e13fdvoodoo47

664b78c2e14ce
yes, a moderator has to check the mod and then move it to the mods subforum once deemed safe (engineering if not. you should be able to start topics there if your mod is wip, btw).
664b78c2e1bff
RoSoDude
I think I have a little bug / behavior to report.

Remember when I asked about safety of going 2.01 > 2.02 mid-playthrough and said I was in Engineering at the time?

It seems that updating mid-play will cause the new gun modification system you implemented to bug-out for earlier levels.

Here's what I observed:

New game on 2.01, new mod system works correctly in med-sci.
Going to engineering, updating 2.02 while there, new mod system works correctly.
Returning to med-sci breaks the new mod system, reversing it to vanilla... but only on med-sci.
Going to hydroponics for the first time the new mod system works again, and so it does when going back to engineering.

Basically, it seems that it only got broken for the med-sci level specifically, as the only one I have already been through when updating the addon. Not game breaking as far as I can tell, but could be an indication of other things, so just a heads up.

ps Interestingly enough, going to the med/crew sublevel of med-sci the new modification system works again - breaking back to vanilla only in the first part of med-sci where the game originally begins.
« Last Edit: 02. May 2023, 20:38:08 by AT »
664b78c2e1df3
I don't know why this is happening but I seem to have another thing now.

I started a new game from scratch with 2.02 to prevent previously described weapon modding issues.

I've completed med-sci but find that I can't move on the engineering deck - the shaft doesn't activate the transition.

The only thing I can think of that was unusual was that I chose to use the watts code on it as per the sequence given in the Notes/objectives, but I never played his logs. Further, upon opening the maintenance shaft doors I did not proceed and went instead to med/crew part to stash some stuff. I may have also died in the meantime and ended up being restored in the Quantum Reconstruction Device.
As a result, upon returning to the shaft the door is open but I find that going down the ladder does nothing - level transition simply doesn't initiate.

load order attached. no mod changes mid-play.
[SS2 Blue Mod Manager 1.16 05_05_2023 01_30_16.png expired]
« Last Edit: 04. May 2023, 23:39:58 by AT »

664b78c2e215cRoSoDude

664b78c2e21b4
I've seen that bug before, but I'm not sure what causes it. It could be an engine thing, an SCP thing, or an RSD thing. I don't change anything about the hatch trigger nor how anything works on map load (aside from some scripts running). So I don't really know how to test or troubleshoot it. I've never seen it happen prior to reaching Engineering though, that's really unfortunate...

664b78c2e2694sarge945

664b78c2e26f1
AT
Unrelated, but I believe SCP already includes the Object Shrink mod, so you don't need it and can deactivate it.

Back on topic, I have seen all sorts of weird breakages with SS2 links. It's like sometimes the engine just forgets to activate something. Restarting the game from the start suddenly fixes them, it's weird.

664b78c2e2809ZylonBane

664b78c2e285b
When in doubt, blame pokémodding.

664b78c2e2a61sarge945

664b78c2e2ab8
When in doubt, blame pokémodding.

Feel lucky it's not a Bethesda game. People traditionally have modlists in the hundreds. I know someone with over 1000 Skyrim mods installed (and it still doesn't make the game worth playing, but that's a separate issue).
Acknowledged by: Join2
664b78c2e2d45
RoSoDude
Ah bummer, thanks for confirming.  Guess I will give a med-sci / engineering one last good-will rerun with fingers tightly crossed, unless anyone knows a cheat code or some such to spawn on another deck.
664b78c2e2f61
sarge945
Thanks. Never once happened to me with vanilla game nor secmod and this is my first SCP run, so... lucky / unlucky, I guess.

664b78c2e32cavoodoo47

664b78c2e331f
it may be something simple as the random prop assign bug making the tripwire not work. in that case, the save usually can be repaired in the editor.
664b78c2e34ba
fixing random prop assign bug in a save file flies above my head - my 'programming' skills go about as far as working with the Markdown syntax ;)

664b78c2e3571voodoo47

664b78c2e35bf
well yes, that's why you'd normally ask a veteran to do it for you. hence, post a save.
664b78c2e36b6
sure sure, I understood how you meant. here it is:

[save_12.7z expired]

664b78c2e378bvoodoo47

664b78c2e37d9
yeah, something has killed the objlist args on tripwire 1983. restored and working now. note - I couldn't be bothered to load all your mods, minor anomalies may be encountered on medsci1 for a while.
[save_13.7z expired]
664b78c2e3a28
voodoo47
I appreciate your help, and not at all about the mods. To be frank, I decided to bite the bullet, installed Sarge's extra item randomiser and am crunching through it from scratch. Hatch seems to be working fine this time.

It is good to know that such a thing can be done and fixed though if comes to worse, so again, my thanks for reaching out to help.

664b78c2e3b3cvoodoo47

664b78c2e3b8b
there are only very few situations we cannot resolve by editing a save (a notable exception would be someone saving while dying before activating a QBR. such a save is done. and yes, there is/was a guy on this planet saving all his progress manually into the autosave slot. you cannot make this up).

also very sure this was the prop bug chomping on the objlist args randomly, chances of the exact same thing happening again are pretty much zero.
664b78c2e3dc6
voodoo47
by the way, technical limitations granted, it sounds like that spot would maybe benefit from being a physical door hatch object rather than a tripwire type event if it's a familiar bug. Probably a note for the SCP crew.

664b78c2e3e6evoodoo47

664b78c2e3ec6
no, very sure this was a once in a lifetime, never to be encountered again kind of deal.

664b78c2e3f92RoSoDude

664b78c2e3fe1
I've actually seen it two other times on the same tripwire (both after the elevator was already activated so it wasn't a problem). No idea why it happens.

664b78c2e40c8voodoo47

664b78c2e4115
well guess lightning can strike the same place twice sometimes. it's really simple - we have a gremlin lurking around, it messes up the props, sometimes adding some, sometimes taking them away. most of the time, this is not an issue, as some random item getting a bit of transparency or similar is not a big deal, but if it hits a quest item in just the right way, it can soft lock the game.

really curious whether EE will be the same, worse, or better in this regard (translation - how much of Dark will be running under KEX).
664b78c2e42c5
By no way filing complaints here (seeing as I'm having a blast), but for what it's worth, playing with SCP and RSD as base it is the first time in my experience of the game that I'm getting big bugs like this and I've now hit three big ones in a row. First two already described above, on the third playthrough (current) I've had a submap transition bulkhead in Engineering (one towards cargo bays) crash the game to desktop and... remove my quick save state from just before the crash to the autosave at the beginning of engineering.

Whatever that gremlin is, I have a feeling must be happening somewhere in-between here, as I've never once encountered anything like this with secmod or vanilla. Just saying, with all the love and appreciation for the fixes and adjustments all of you brought. You already have my mod list for reference.

I've noticed messages in the log that I've never seen in vanilla/secmod - attached one of those here, if that helps. What are those things and why are they showing up in the log?
[ss2 2023-05-05 23-44-38.png expired]
« Last Edit: 05. May 2023, 22:15:25 by AT »

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Replicator restrictions are in place for the good of whom?:
2 Guests are here.
I like the blue room. This room is green!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664b78c2e442a