6637cdbc368df
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SSR Classic music mod
Page: « 1 [2]
Read 3445 times  

6637cdbc37140Xkilljoy98

• Company: N/A
6637cdbc371c7
Huh, interesting, well hopefully it isn't long before it is figured out how the music works so people can easily swap out any music they like

6637cdbc3730aDeu sex

6637cdbc3737c
Good luck with that! You're our savior!

6637cdbc3752bNameless Voice

6637cdbc375dc
Attempt #3.

Adjusted the timings for Research and Executive so that they don't start playing again on top of themselves.

Also greatly lowered the volume of music while playing voice overs, from 70% to 33%. (That does actually seem to work?)

That's all I'm going to do for right now.  If someone feels like doing a bit of testing, it would be handy to know if the music works on Maintenance, Storage, and Flight, and also to check if the music loops correctly, or if it overlaps or has gaps (and, if so, how many seconds it's off by.)
[NVClassicMusic_P.pak expired]

6637cdbc376cfJoshuaFireseed

6637cdbc37737
-Cyberspace has some audio overlap
-Storage has around 17 seconds of silence before the song loops again
-Flight Deck had overlap when the dynamic combat track kicked in

Havent gotten around to Engineering and above yet but hopefully this helps.

6637cdbc37be1Xkilljoy98

6637cdbc37c3c
So, someone else has made and released a mod to do this.

https://www.nexusmods.com/systemshock2023/mods/37?tab=description

Damn, I wonder what version they used or how it sounds?

I still think we should try and figure out it as we might be able to do it better or offer another version of the OST

I like Chicajo's music, but I think I would also wanna try other versions too as there are some of Chicajo's tracks I think sound better from other covers/remixes

We could even study that mod and see what it does

6637cdbc37eecDeu sex

6637cdbc37f59
Xkilljoy98 Apparently they used Chromium Rev A... which unmodified is completely out of place volume wise.

6637cdbc38155Xkilljoy98

6637cdbc381b4
Deu sexHmm ok

I converted some songs to UAsset but I am unsure of how set them up to play

6637cdbc383b7JosiahJack

6637cdbc38409
Here is all the music files from Citadel which should be 1 to 1 with the original DOS CD midi markers segments (as extracted from my personal CD of course).  I forget the soundfont I used.  I'll have to look later and add the info for my conversion process and tools.

https://github.com/JosiahJack/Citadel/tree/master/Assets/Sound/music

Anyone is of course welcome to use them if they like. I assume SSR has dynamic music system similar to the original from what I've read, where it randomly plays different snippets as part of calm and action and the original layers in the mutant or cyborg warning snippets which interestingly can be used as a sort of metal detector for nearby enemies if you knew what those bloopy whiny sounds meant, heh.

6637cdbc38783Xkilljoy98

6637cdbc387f1
JosiahJackThanks, still figuring out how to swap out tracks, I wanna make music mods for the classic, cut, and and updated version.
Still figuring out how to do that. There have been a few music mods, I tried to study that to see how it could be done but not luck so far.

6637cdbc388e7Deu sex

6637cdbc3894f
I'm thinking, maybe it's a bit too soon to think about that, but a variant of this mod which doesn't replace everything would be great too, for example the new intro/outro music are really great I think, same with the new cyberspace music and the elevator theme.
Pretty much all the rest could be replaced though.

6637cdbc38b8eXkilljoy98

6637cdbc38be5
Deu sexI think a version that simply turns up music volume and play rate would be good too, so you could hear tracks better and more often.

6637cdbc38cd5Nameless Voice

6637cdbc38d34
So no one has actually tried the mod, since it didn't replace the into, elevator, or ending music.

(Did replace cyberspace, because even though the replacement wasn't bad, it was missing half of the track.)

6637cdbc38e60Deu sex

6637cdbc38ebd
I don't have the remake yet, I just have OG/SSP and EE.
I just listened to the new OST which is here on bandcamp: https://nightdivestudios.bandcamp.com/album/system-shock-original-video-game-soundtrack
Maybe some of them are worth keeping, because for example while I really love the OG, I was always a bit disappointed at the fact that not every level has it's original track. This would require choices I guess.
« Last Edit: 18. June 2023, 11:31:58 by Deu sex »

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

In which year was System Shock 2 released:
1 Guest is here.
James Bond is an operative, not a spy.
Page: « 1 [2]
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6637cdbc39100