6649b392639c6

6649b39264119
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Tacticool Weapon Replacements Read 412793 times  

Re: Tacticool Weapon Replacements (Latest Update 02.22.10 - Grenade Launcher)
6649b39264ec2
@Marvin
Not one of my favs either :D But hopefully it's tolerable
More than tolerable, of course. Changing the originial too much would have drawn far more anger from the community.

Looking forward to your next contributions. And now, get back to work, shoo! :p

6649b392654ebRainalkar

6649b39265567
@Rainalkar (again)
... and I don't plan on stopping where others have already tread so I'm regarding every uncrossed-out entry on NV's list as on my TODO list.  This is good because it allows for more variety!

I will hold you on that :) Keep up the great work.
6649b3926576f
This is so freakin insanely nice.. Your rocket launcher looks very nice too like the other weapons.. This is one of the top mods to have in SS2 in my opinion. It sticks to the original looks just more modern.. Great work there ! Really!

6649b392659d4A Dodge

6649b39265a35
Wow, that was fast, nice job on the grenade launcher.  I think some chrome trim would look better if it wasn't a survival/horror game, the blued finish is more fitting to the atmosphere of the game, IMHO.  It's not one of my favorites either, but I never really liked the grenade launcher anyway.  I think  you maintained your consistent level of quality while keeping it nice and simple.  The gun's position onscreen is also true to the original, but doesn't seem to show any detail on the stock, which is unfortunate, but the price you pay for authenticity I suppose.  Also, a futuristic grenade launcher might have had a certain "cheese" factor, i think.  It's a nice touch that the front sight is collapsed in the world view, keep up the good work! your fast release has had me checking the site multiple times a week! 

Couple of questions:   
1. do you plan on doing the Psi Amp or any world models for items such as ammo clips, body armor etc?  That would be pretty cool... I would LOVE to see every model in the game eventually improved with a similar, yet high-def version. 
2.  can you do weapon animations, such as reload and weapon switch sequences? Also, I love the rebirth mod, but I would like to see the same models re-textured in order to be closer in appearance to the original midwifes and hybrids in particular, and nopf returning some of the scare factor that the game intended to have.  The rumbler in rebirth is perfect, wouldn't change a thing except *MAYBE* poly count.  Of course this is outside the scope of the Tacticool Weapon set, but I just thought I would throw that out there.

6649b39265e12ZylonBane

6649b39265e7c
Your rocket launcher looks very nice too like the other weapons..
What.

6649b392660abMercurius

6649b39266110
@A Dodge

1. The psi-amp is a weapon as far as I'm concerned so it's on the list.  I will eventually be re-releasing the weapons as packs (standard, energy, etc) with the associated ammo remodeled as well as updated inventory icons.  But that's far down the line after most of the weapons are finished.  It would be nice to remodel every single item in the game but there are more pressing issues I think :)

2.  No weapon animations possible sadly, aside from the ones that were coded in by Irrational to begin with (and animated textures).  Which is kind of a good thing because Dark makes everything difficult, especially animations.
I'd really really like to redo many of the AI meshes.  I respect Rebirth and all but I'm rather attached to the original AI designs and think they could benefit from more polygons, sharper and more detailed textures and zero artistic license, otherwise I'd just be making another flavor of Rebirth.  Of course this will be later than sooner if ever.

Right now I'm doing some AI meshes for CCP and the EMP Rifle will be the next Tacticool release.

A great big thanks to everyone who enjoys this mod, your feedback keeps me motivated :D

6649b3926650eZylonBane

6649b39266577
...I'm rather attached to the original AI designs and think they could benefit from more polygons, sharper and more detailed textures and zero artistic license...
A man after my own heart.   :thumbwink:

6649b3926664aRainalkar

6649b392666ac
Especially the hybrids... They look so awesome in the original

6649b39266b57Nameless Voice

6649b39266bc0
I'd really really like to redo many of the AI meshes.  I respect Rebirth and all but I'm rather attached to the original AI designs and think they could benefit from more polygons, sharper and more detailed textures and zero artistic license, otherwise I'd just be making another flavor of Rebirth.

I'd like to see a remake of the cyborg assassin that actually looks like the original and not like an inorganic robot.  That's the model from Rebirth that annoys me the most, because it changes a creature that was clearly supposed to be part-human into one that looks completely robotic (yet does not have robotic vulnerabilities/resistances).

6649b39266ecdThiefsieFool

6649b39266f23
Could you give me a heads up when you've gotten started on the emp rifle, Merc? If you've ever switched firing modes on the emp rifle in my mod, you'll know why..
6649b39267032
Awesome updates Mercurius. I'm going to replay SS2 again with my friend, but I have one question Did u fix by any chance problem when in multiplayer your new wrench is turned upside down, kinda small and its not in players hand, it hovers somehow ?

Thanks

6649b3926710eMercurius

6649b3926715b
@Rainalkar
Yeah, I love the hybrids.  They'll definitely be my first subject for any future mesh experiments.

@TF
Certainly

@RazoR
Try this wrench and let me know if it works.  Try to get a screenshot of it too.
I'd also appreciate it if you could check the other weapons too, thanks :)
« Last Edit: 27. February 2010, 02:43:45 by Mercurius »
6649b392672a4
The only other notable issue I found besides the floating reverse wrench was that the laser pistol's world model is always full-bright.

Thanks for the 'nade launcher btw. ;] Looking forward to future model releases.

6649b3926742chazardic

6649b3926747c
well - great work! i've already made SS2_hires for myself=)) your pistol is amazing, shotgun is beaty, assault is my love, nade is perfect. wrench now is ok for me - 1.1 is a little bigger than 1.0 but nevermind, at least it don't floating in the air when it near the wall=)) what is important - is that ALL your models are accurate with originals and made in the same style. it's what i dreamed about in 2000 when i played SS2 second time) now all my dreams about high-res weapons become true! thanks for this
all this (rebirth complete, shtup6, your work and others about weapons) drive play bios.. SS2 in *th time =)) i'm envy those people who will play it in first time xD
btw ur fusion cannon is similar with original - that's what i really missing for that moment because Ravenlord's second fc is great but not actual like in game lol
sooo - i'm looking forward for updates too=)
6649b3926756a
So Mercurius.. Are you workin on the EMP riffle at the moment? :)

6649b39267607Mercurius

6649b3926765e
No, I am playing Bioshock 2.

After I finish texturing the assassin for CCP, I will start working on EMP :)

6649b392676f5hazardic

6649b3926774f
but fusion is almost done if i correct read this topic?
6649b39267a99
No, I am playing Bioshock 2.

After I finish texturing the assassin for CCP, I will start working on EMP :)

Haha okay :) Well the first bioshock wasn't soo good in my opinion so i have skipped bioshock 2 untill further. is it better than the first one?

And take your time, we can wait.. We have done it before and its certainly worth the wait :D

6649b39267b82Mercurius

6649b39267bd4
@hazardic
Nope.  Haven't even started on it.  It's not my favorite weapon either (blasted thing kills me more than anything else) so it's not very high priority.

@Da9L
It's better than the first one...in some areas...for a while.  Okay not really, but it's pretty decent if you think of it as an expansion pack and don't consider difficulty to be important.
6649b39267cbf
Thanks Mercurius, now your new Tacticool_Wrench_Replacement_v1.1b works great in multiplayer.

6649b39267d5fKittenykat

6649b39267dad
Did I hear "Fusion Cannon"? *perks ears* =o.o= *starts running searches with wild abandon* :3

6649b39267e30Mercurius

6649b39267e7d
Stop that.

6649b39267f0aThiefsieFool

6649b39267f5a
*deep rumbling noise

6649b39268732Dustercan

6649b39268795
I'd really really like to redo many of the AI meshes.  I respect Rebirth and all but I'm rather attached to the original AI designs and think they could benefit from more polygons, sharper and more detailed textures and zero artistic license, otherwise I'd just be making another flavor of Rebirth.

I'd like to see a remake of the cyborg assassin that actually looks like the original and not like an inorganic robot.  That's the model from Rebirth that annoys me the most, because it changes a creature that was clearly supposed to be part-human into one that looks completely robotic (yet does not have robotic vulnerabilities/resistances).

Hi, hope I am not derailing the thread, I happen to feel rather similarly about the assassins. I actually liked the ones in original shock better.
Not sure if anyone will find it useful, but I've had my own take at what the cyborg assassin should look like a while ago, maybe some of the talent here could use it as a jump-off point in creating a new model for it.
Image: http://graphitehead.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/assassin.jpg
Oh, and thank you Mercurius for the wonderful weapon models, I can't wait to try them!

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a ____, immortal machine? (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
I hated humans anyway.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6649b392688ec