664a69e7d913b

664a69e7d97d8
2 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 TF's Secmod 3
Page: « 1 2 [3] 4 ... 46 »
Read 135348 times  

664a69e7da506
Hey ThiefsieFool,

I've looked into the animation thing a bit more.
Apparently the script I use to convert the motion files into the shock format isn't working quite well for arm animations. (Bipeds and other stuff is fine). So as for now I can't get the animation I created into SS2.

I didn't know about the trigger stuff so I've looked into that to maybe get it working that way. But somehow, changing the trigger did nothing for me.

I'm sorry for the bad news, but I can't help you out there :(

664a69e7da5d0Witness

664a69e7da692
Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but the Value-Rep machine in the Navy training simulator seems to have a broken texture.

664a69e7daa2fThiefsieFool

664a69e7daa88
That's okay, I managed to edit the triggers with Weyoun's motion editor after all.

I actually wasn't able to fix the bug in this pic with the tram, changing around render orders leads to either objects inside the tram not being rendered or objects outside the tram not being rendered http://www.kachalka.com/images/xb3trb0u71b0rvxfu2oj.png

Here's another quick patch, includes the previous one
[secmod patch 2.rar expired]

664a69e7daf29ThiefsieFool

664a69e7daf7d
Is the wrench clipping less bad than before?
And that black screen isn't a bug, it lights up with a tech texture when you solve the puzzle.
Acknowledged by: remyabel

664a69e7db390remyabel

664a69e7db3e6
Monkey fell over dead after approaching the sparks. I think it's because it clipped with the terrain or something. A similar thing happened in medisci crew quarters where I leaned over a door. The hybrid whacked me from behind and I died instantly.

Battery looted from turret doesn't have broken texture. (and it disappears from inventory randomly)

This guy floating in the way he does doesn't look intentional.
[dead with healthbar.png expired]
[battery.png expired]
[broken lift.png expired]
« Last Edit: 28. October 2014, 11:52:39 by remyabel »

664a69e7db506voodoo47

664a69e7db559
second screen is caused by the OM dml. will post a fixup dml later today.
« Last Edit: 28. October 2014, 12:10:20 by voodoo47 »

664a69e7db9beThiefsieFool

664a69e7dba14
Not sure what's up with the monkey, it seems alive? And what did the hybrid do exactly?
About the battery, that's a "empty battery", and you can get either that one or a broken battery as loot sometimes.
The normal lifecycle of batteries is: use normal battery -> get broken battery -> repair the battery to get an empty batter -> recharge the battery to get a normal battery
I assume you used a recharger so the empty battery got turned into a normal battery and added to the stack, making it dissapear.

System: the cyber mesh armor is hidden for now as it's buggy, it's in the readme

664a69e7dbebcremyabel

664a69e7dbf2e
Not sure what's up with the monkey, it seems alive? And what did the hybrid do exactly?

It had a healthbar but I could loot its body and not damage it. As for the hybrid, I was leaning out into the hallway to ambush the hybrid but it surprised me from behind. I think it clipped me into the door or something.

About the battery, that's a "empty battery", and you can get either that one or a broken battery as loot sometimes.
The normal lifecycle of batteries is: use normal battery -> get broken battery -> repair the battery to get an empty batter -> recharge the battery to get a normal battery
I assume you used a recharger so the empty battery got turned into a normal battery and added to the stack, making it dissapear.

That's what I figured, but the tooltip is confusing. Also I think the battery disappearing bug is a holdover from SECMOD2. Sometimes for example the hybrid organ disappears as well, unless I'm imagining things.

664a69e7dc033voodoo47

664a69e7dc08d
fix for the floating eng2 corpse - as always, will only work if applied before entering the level for the first time. drop to the Secmod folder.

664a69e7dc1acSystem Shocked

664a69e7dc1fe
Are these three files, reflected in the OP, still needed, or have fixes been incorporated into SecMod 3? If so, maybe the Rebirth Patch should be renamed.

* Tacticool_WRENCH_fix.rar
* Secmod_TC_Laser_Pistol_fix.zip
* SS2_TF_Secmod2_RebirthPatch.7z
664a69e7dc5d9

in SecMod better it will be SS2 Pop's Difficulty and Enhancement Mod XD

[dump201410290617110.png expired]

664a69e7dc8e4ThiefsieFool

664a69e7dc950
Are these three files, reflected in the OP, still needed, or have fixes been incorporated into SecMod 3? If so, maybe the Rebirth Patch should be renamed.

* Tacticool_WRENCH_fix.rar
* Secmod_TC_Laser_Pistol_fix.zip
The Tacticool stuff should not be needed because I decided to include Tacticool in the mod (I do various weapons hacks and it's just too annoying to maintain them for two versions of the weapons)
The Rebirth patch should stay there, because Rebirth is _not_ included.
664a69e7dcd0c
The Tacticool stuff should not be needed because I decided to include Tacticool in the mod (I do various weapons hacks and it's just too annoying to maintain them for two versions of the weapons)
The Rebirth patch should stay there, because Rebirth is _not_ included.

Nice. What can you do for R&R&R's EMP Rifle, given that there are three variations? It's certainly worthy of consideration.

664a69e7dce13ThiefsieFool

664a69e7dce76
Doesn't look bad but it's not to my taste really.
Still, I recall some guy made a more compatible version of that rifle for this mod (while musing about not actually liking the mod, weird post) https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=1247.msg55374#msg55374

664a69e7dcf70Witness

664a69e7dcfd2
Oh, I don't have to use the TC patches anymore?  Nice!  Also, I've noticed a lot of people mentioning the SS2Tool 6 beta here.  I think I used the old 5.1 version when I set up my game, is that going to cause problems with SecMod?

Finally, what's the best way to take screenshots in game to report visual bugs with?  I found another one in the second section of medsci, in the monkey dissection room, but I'm not sure how to get a screen cap of it to post.

664a69e7dd0b0voodoo47

664a69e7dd101
no, 5.1 shouldn't cause any problems, it's actually the dmls included in ss2tool 6.0beta that can cause issues (still, they should fix much more than break).

as for reporting issues, just make sure the minimap is enabled, hit printscreen and look in the screenshots folder. and maybe circle the issue and save the image as jpg before uploading.
664a69e7dd307
@TF: It would be nice to have the SecMod3 download in a first post. If the other downloads from post #0 here aren't needed for SecMod3, we could actually split this thread at the SecMod3 release and mark the 2.8 part of the thread obsolete, as we once did with the beta, right?

664a69e7dd40aThiefsieFool

664a69e7dd460
Hm, I think I'll just make a new thread using that post as a base, I just want a few more issues resolved before that big step.

For example I discovered the AR does not get extra damage as you buff your Standard skill from 4 (the new requirement) to 6, and this bug was probably in since the very first version of the mod. Worse, I can't figure out why this happens.
664a69e7dd5d8
About the wrench, did you create new models using bsp.exe?
Sometimes the *.cal file produced by it causes some clipping errors.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

The deck number where you shall meet Dr. Janice Polito:
2 Guests are here.
In loyalty to their kind they cannot tolerate our minds
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664a69e7dd712