6636c8c216cc5
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 subtitles
Page: « 1 ... 4 [5] 6 ... 8 »
Read 28817 times  

6636c8c21742cMooztik

6636c8c21749a
You can disable the descriptions in cam.cfg
oh yes ! didn't pay attention about this option...

about the way you work on emails, i'm thinking the same way, and doing it like that too. like doing subs for a video. it's better for immersion.
6636c8c217886
Hey, ZB, do you have any new monster subtitles to be made available?

6636c8c217a1cZylonBane

6636c8c217a71
Here is alpha snapshot 3. Now contains subs for all nonverbal AIs (assassins, eggs, worms, swarms, monkeys, rumblers, spiders, turrets, and cameras). They are terribly inconsistent, but that's how Irrational made them so we're stuck with it. Also usual various tweaks to other files.

EDIT: Attachment removed. See first post for current version.
« Last Edit: 05. June 2017, 02:42:21 by ZylonBane »
6636c8c217c70
One small correction to og1bod_2: This is not a nonverbal sound, the hybrid clearly screams "Nooo!" although it's much more noticable in the German version.

6636c8c217d07System Shocked

6636c8c217d60
Great work, and a nice update !

6636c8c218021unn_atropos

6636c8c218075
German subtitles done by me (slow) and Marvin (fast). I'm sorry that I kept everyone waiting :(.

//Will update soon
« Last Edit: 04. February 2016, 20:16:03 by unn_atropos »

6636c8c2182b8ZylonBane

6636c8c218314
cutscene.sub, did you mean to leave the commented-out lines commented out? These are mostly lines for on-screen text, that wouldn't be needed in the English subtitling.

vcs.sub, line 285:
{ time 00 length 2900 text "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxWir haben gerade eine Nachricht von einem Besatzungsmitglied der Von Braun erhalten." }

vbriefs.sub, the speaker descriptions "PA" (public address system) and "Trainer" should be translated, since these aren't proper names.

midwife.sub, line 6, missed a word:
sub mw1amb_1 { text "[pain] Das tut weh!" }

amb.sub, "// not in German version, still subtitled here" is indicated for several sounds. Are these really completely missing from the official German version? That's a very not good thing if true. For example, SHODAN muttering "Human" and "Insect" is supposed to play in the Ops deck SHODAN sequence when the walls first slide away.

psi.sub and bbetty.sub, description "Info" should be translated to whatever makes sense in German. I'm not thrilled with "Info" myself, but "Betty" probably would have confused more people than not.

6636c8c218f27unn_atropos

6636c8c218f8b
cutscene.sub, did you mean to leave the commented-out lines commented out? These are mostly lines for on-screen text, that wouldn't be needed in the English subtitling.
Most of them are onscreen texts in the german version as well, but I will check again.

vcs.sub, line 285:
vbriefs.sub, the speaker descriptions "PA" (public address system) and "Trainer" should be translated, since these aren't proper names.

midwife.sub, line 6, missed a word:
Thanks, fixed.

amb.sub, "// not in German version, still subtitled here" is indicated for several sounds. Are these really completely missing from the official German version? That's a very not good thing if true. For example, SHODAN muttering "Human" and "Insect" is supposed to play in the Ops deck SHODAN sequence when the walls first slide away.
Couldn't find them. Also I have never heard them in the game. Can some german player confirm?

psi.sub and bbetty.sub, description "Info" should be translated to whatever makes sense in German. I'm not thrilled with "Info" myself, but "Betty" probably would have confused more people than not.
I'll see if I can come up with something.
6636c8c2194c6
Aha, there it is. :)
I'll ask around for people to test it.

I'm only going to answer questions about files I've actually worked on, I'll leave the rest to unn.
I wanted to keep everything consistent with the English version unless the German translation forced me to find another way. Since the on-screen texts were translated originally, they don't need to be subtitled, as is the case for the English original.

Yes, I checked. In fact, the German translation contains many files ("many" as in ~15) which were left completely unchanged from the English original or ar not present even though a translation should exist for them. Those include some of the amb sounds and all of the psi reaver sounds.
I guess it's technically possible to splice some of the other German sounds together to create serviceable translations of those missing files, at least for Shodan. I'll see what I can do.

"Info" works the same in German as it does in English, although it's less common to use that abbreviation here. As you can guess, I couldn't think of a good alternative, either.
6636c8c2195ec
@unn: You missed my email translation and some of my monsters. I'll look through your translation first and upload a new version. Either that or we keep our contributions separate at first.

Edit: Actually, most of the other files are outdated. Could you upload only your files, at least the newest version of them?
« Last Edit: 03. February 2016, 21:56:52 by Marvin »

6636c8c219970ZylonBane

6636c8c2199c1
In fact, the German translation contains many files ("many" as in ~15) which were left completely unchanged from the English original or ar not present even though a translation should exist for them. Those include some of the amb sounds and all of the psi reaver sounds.
Missing sound files in the German version seems like maybe something that SS2Tool could be made to fix.
6636c8c219c52
Missing sound files in the German version seems like maybe something that SS2Tool could be made to fix.
More like the "Deutsche Übersetzung" since SS2Tool downloads that and prompts the user to activate it as a mod. I wanted to post it over there but kinda forgot.
6636c8c219d56
Ok, so here's the recent version of my files only, you can copy them and overwrite when prompted.

There are some inconsistencies between what both of us did but those will be sorted out soon. :)
« Last Edit: 17. June 2016, 11:17:47 by Marvin »
6636c8c219e9a
Are the shpdie or xxdie audio files vom triggers used anywhere in game? They also don't have a German version but can be extracted from several emails.
« Last Edit: 04. February 2016, 23:00:39 by Marvin »

6636c8c219f1eZylonBane

Acknowledged by: Marvin
6636c8c21a0ca
Thanks for all the help, ZB, and thanks Mooztik for parsing mails and logs for me. German stuff will continue here:
https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=8395.new#new
6636c8c21a1ee
Is alpha3 the newest English version?

On deck 3 to the right from the elevator there is an area with 2 turrets, a recharger, a security computer, 2 upgrade units and an OS unit. When you enter the part with turrets (bottom right) there is played a msg from The Many and there are no subs for it. It's like this: "Life grows within the womb of these walls. Life that have never seen the surface of the Earth." Not 100% sure if I got it right.
6636c8c21a2e3
The English subtitles do not support emails yet. Some Many messages come from vTriggers (supported), some from vEmails, although they do not show up as emails in the MFD. The one you are talking about is EM0307, but there are more.
6636c8c21a3c2
Yeah, I've just noticed there are more. For example when you drop through a window ceiling to an area with eggs. Thx for the info.
6636c8c21a4a9
Does the subtitle option from SS2Tool only change cam_ext.cfg or does it actually provide the sub files?
6636c8c21a8dc
It only enables subtitles.
Okay, the description is a little bit confusing - how can you enable something that's not actually there?
6636c8c21a9e4
I...I only followed orders!

Seriously though, my understanding is that it needs to be enabled for any subtitles (perhaps loaded as a mod) to do anything.
1 Guest is here.
a very complicated multiple weighted random selector has chosen this quote
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6636c8c21b78b