1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 FM Blind Disposition v1.4.2
Page: « 1 ... 5 [6] 7 »
Read 20018 times  

66471fa6986afunn_atropos

Re: SS2 FM Blind Disposition v1.2
66471fa69871e
Just played thought the mission again.
I like the little touch-ups you made. The audiologs (while a bit on the rough side) serve a good purpose in giving some atmosphere and game hints. I also liked the "visitor centre" style info kiosk at the crystals.
- You really should consider replacing the automatic level changes with buttons.
- Near the bridge the player can get into a situation where progress is not possible: pushing the elevator button closes the door behind you. If the player rushed back to escape the rumbler there is no way to open it again.
- the bridge feels rather unfinished. Some human characters there, all "death" models with closed eyes, some even standing behind the cargo fence, but no interaction. Maybe you can put the "end mission trigger" on one of them and let them say "well done soldier!" As a last stronghold there should be a few barricades and a few corpses

66471fa698c82chuckles n chestnuts

66471fa698d0d
Just played thought the mission again.
I like the little touch-ups you made. The audiologs (while a bit on the rough side) serve a good purpose in giving some atmosphere and game hints. I also liked the "visitor centre" style info kiosk at the crystals.
- You really should consider replacing the automatic level changes with buttons.
- Near the bridge the player can get into a situation where progress is not possible: pushing the elevator button closes the door behind you. If the player rushed back to escape the rumbler there is no way to open it again.
- the bridge feels rather unfinished. Some human characters there, all "death" models with closed eyes, some even standing behind the cargo fence, but no interaction. Maybe you can put the "end mission trigger" on one of them and let them say "well done soldier!" As a last stronghold there should be a few barricades and a few corpses

Hey atropos,

-Thank you for the compliment on the visitor center feel of the 'crystal purity' info terminal.
-The automatic level changes I don't think I will mess with anytime soon due to me trying to get the buttons to work but to no avail and I don't want to mess level changes up as from my experience that can be finickey.
-The bridge area is intentional, I actually put an info terminal right before you enter it giving some insight on that very aspect.
-The actual bridge dock is intentional as well, and the door is still sealed in the dark room where it opens slowly, and the extender is extended so there was no need to put bodies or barricades there as there was no threat due to the sealed door on the main ship's side.
-And as for the death models, I have replaced them and I have noted you as a comment in the changelog for fixes.

Thank you for your input.

66471fa699117voodoo47

66471fa699174
I don't think I will mess with anytime soon due to me trying to get the buttons to work but to no avail and I don't want to mess level changes up as from my experience that can be finickey.
wut? you just set up multilevel/dest level and multilevel/dest loc on a Bulk_On_Button, done.

66471fa6993acchuckles n chestnuts

66471fa69940e
wut? you just set up multilevel/dest level and multilevel/dest loc on a Bulk_On_Button, done.

Yeah I tried it several times during the production of the FM and it would give me crashes.......However, all the tries were done on the old dark 2.12 editor...I might just give it a test run and I'll give an update..but not another update to the FM..not just yet at least..

66471fa69957dicemann

Re: SS2 FM Blind Disposition v1.3
66471fa6995d3
On a side note, if you need voice stuff for a later update let me know. Happy to help out.

Having audio logs in FMs just adds to the "Shock" experience. I can't talk though as my FM didn't have any. That was very much intentional though as I prefer working solo.

When the community comes together to improve an already good FM to higher heights it really makes a difference. To compare the original version of "The Minstrel" to the community fixed/updated version, it's like night and day.
Acknowledged by: Colonel SFF

66471fa6998b6chuckles n chestnuts

66471fa69990d
On a side note, if you need voice stuff for a later update let me know. Happy to help out.

Having audio logs in FMs just adds to the "Shock" experience. I can't talk though as my FM didn't have any. That was very much intentional though as I prefer working solo.

When the community comes together to improve an already good FM to higher heights it really makes a difference. To compare the original version of "The Minstrel" to the community fixed/updated version, it's like night and day.

Thanks for the compliments icemann.  At this point no garauntees at all.  I think I've done mostly all the fixes for BD, with exception of a few pending corrections (namely the 'bulkhead' level transition points).  As far as actual voices go, I am not sure about that for this FM.  But I appreciate the offer.  I'll leave voiced audio logs up to the community modders for this one, but I'll back it if it gets enough encouragement for sure.

66471fa699c16chuckles n chestnuts

66471fa699c76

Yeah as I expected, its no quick task....As is many things being equal with dromED.  But doable.  Well, I'll let the community speak for itself for full audio logs on this.  You or someone give me an update.

66471fa699d26voodoo47

66471fa699d75
well, don't expect any written invitations - it's just about whether you want to do it or not.
Acknowledged by 2 members: Colonel SFF, icemann

66471fa699e45icemann

66471fa699e99
Second that. All comes down to yourself on whether you have the motivation to continue working on it or not. We've all been there trust me :). I'm still working on a singleplayer campaign for Shadowrun Returns 2 years on. Working on it, bit by bit over time when I have the motivation.

66471fa699f63voodoo47

66471fa699fb3
also, the audio editing part was actually pretty swift - once you have the raw files, reprocessing them into the SS2 log format was just a couple of hours. plus that annoying bit where you have to reload audio schemas to make them work properly.

66471fa69a090chuckles n chestnuts

66471fa69a0df
I appreciate the encouragement.  I'll be honest here, I don't like asking for things.  I might rip the "voice in-put mal-func-tion" soundbyte and use that....with permission of course if I  decide to do a v1.4 (if).  We'll see, I'll thank about it.  I appreciate the positive encouragement though.
« Last Edit: 29. April 2017, 22:26:52 by chuckles n chestnuts »
66471fa69a403
Russian translation for this Fan Missions  (last edit  26.11.2020)  —  SS2FM_BlindDisposition_1-3_RUS.7z
    Download:   https://yadi.sk/d/uCLNnhqKCB1JDQ

Screenshots and information about this russification
    Link:   https://darkfate.org/forum/index.php?topic=1100.msg293775#msg293775

  Будучи сотрудником министерства Исследований и Разработок, Вы обладаете некоторыми кибернетическими усовершенствованиями и работаете в одном из Гидропонно-Обогатительного комплексов на Земле. Неожиданно с Вами связывается Ваш непосредственный руководитель и сообщает, что на военном, научно-исследовательском корабле UNN "Рикенбакер-14500" потребовалась помощь такого специалиста как Вы, и отправляться туда нужно немедленно...
« Last Edit: 11. February 2021, 22:40:16 by GreeX »

66471fa69a514chuckles n chestnuts

66471fa69a565
********UPDATE*******

I now have my account back!  Just updating this post to lessen any confusion.... 

Hello, Its the real me, chuckles n chestnuts here.  I don't know who has this account now as its been awhile since I last logged onto this website (well over a year), but I just finished working on Blind Disposition v1.4 and will be posting very soon.
« Last Edit: 07. May 2021, 06:23:14 by chuckles n chestnuts »

66471fa69a63dvoodoo47

66471fa69a68c
nobody, your original account has expired. @Kolya can assign your old posts to your new account, so you will be able to update the first post with the new version, which would be preferable.

66471fa69a76achuckles n chestnuts

66471fa69a7ba
********UPDATE*******

I now have my account back!  Just updating this post to lessen any confusion.... 

Thank you Voodoo, I'll PM him, I figured that, I read the terms and I noticed I was a little past the expired login date lol  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Last Edit: 07. May 2021, 06:23:19 by chuckles n chestnuts »

66471fa69a89cvoodoo47

Re: SS2 FM Blind Disposition v1.4
66471fa69a8ec
roombrushing is.. still not ideal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip46jg0RBgw

Shocked go View->Show/Hide->Bad Rooms, check map, purple stuff means bad.

66471fa69abf5chuckles n chestnuts

Re: SS2 FM Blind Disposition v1.4
66471fa69ac48
voodoo47
Thank you for your input Voodoo, I'll definitely see if I can fix that.  I never touched on any of the room brushes in this version but I'll add it to the future update for certain.

I also am aware of the 'radmap' roombrush (you know the one with the exploding door) and now that you mention the testnextlevel one, I'll look into the radmap room brush as well.
« Last Edit: 08. May 2021, 14:13:50 by chuckles n chestnuts »

66471fa69bfc2voodoo47

Re: SS2 FM Blind Disposition v1.4.1
66471fa69c092
seeing some more unfixed stuff previously mentioned in this topic, card slots with incorrect light lit for example (locked should be red), and the custom texts could use a run through a grammar checker. would recommend going through all the reports again.

but hey, the Pistol Hybrid mod works out of the box, that's definitely something.

66471fa69c47bchuckles n chestnuts

66471fa69c4d8
voodoo47
You know what....I can't believe I missed the keycard slots!  I remember watching I think Icemann's playthrough and him saying that along with there needing to be a chemical store room, I suppose I have more work that I'm more than happy to do; new update coming in the next day or two....  But first I gotta try that pistol mod of yours!  That looks awesome!   (I'll admit I was eyeballing it the other day).
Acknowledged by: icemann

66471fa69c5a4voodoo47

66471fa69c5f5
remember, you will need a freshly SS2tool patched SS2 install, the mod requires the very latest NVscript to work properly.

66471fa69c850chuckles n chestnuts

66471fa69c8a5
voodoo47
Yeah I just noticed that I don't have that recent version, I'll have to update accordingly
66471fa69ca40
I use Angeloader for all thief and system shock missions. For some reason this mission is not seen by the loader. Any ideas?

66471fa69cb08voodoo47

66471fa69cb56
the last archive has an extra folder, that's probably why.

this should be corrected btw - all mods and fan missions should have no extra folders in the zip, so once you open the zip, you should see the resource files right away, not another folder with the fm name.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

What does the U.N.N start with?:
1 Guest is here.
Woman talking, rooms blowing up, grab the key codes, blah blah, whatever.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66471fa69cc6b