663b6dd323400

Page: [1] 2 3 »
663b6dd323ad9
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 SHODAN model Read 56107 times  

663b6dd324325
This is a model done by Ajare with textures by myself.
Lateron Zygoptera did the rigging for Dark but the animation was never finished.

If anyone makes the model walk in SS2 I'll gladly pay another visit on the textures.

« Last Edit: 05. February 2017, 15:05:47 by Kolya »
Acknowledged by: Mirrorman95

663b6dd3245b5Nameless Voice

Re: SHODAN model
663b6dd324611
I've cleaned it up a bit, but I can't seem to fix the problem on her right arm.
Polygons seem to be getting pulled there from around her body, and the best I managed in trying to fix them was to delete her entire torso.

Update: I've managed to fix those problems, but unfortunately I've made a few new ones - namely, a small hole in her back, just under her belt. Fixing it causes MeshBld to crash.
Also, I broke the UV mapping and texturing in that area, and a bit around her neck. I would fix it, but the earlier problems seem to come back when I do...  :scratch:

EDIT: Attachment removed.
« Last Edit: 29. October 2006, 15:12:09 by Nameless Voice »

663b6dd3246cbNameless Voice

663b6dd32471a
Update: I've managed to fix all the problems with the mesh (by rather illogical methods...).
It still needs a little tweaking, probably.
663b6dd32483f
I have remodeled/changed the face, belt, chest, redone the textures and am nearing completion on UV mapping.
Happy All Saints day.

Still pondering to give her long spikey fingers for ZB's amusement.

« Last Edit: 31. October 2006, 17:06:18 by Kolya »
663b6dd3249d3
is this actually functional now?  I see in the first post it looks like it isn't but the later updates seem to imply that everything's been ironed out.  If I install this will the new model behave just like the old one or is there still work to be done before its totally 100% working.

663b6dd324a96Nameless Voice

663b6dd324ae6
As far as I know, it was never finished.
There's no .bin file to download, so you'd need to convert it to the proper format yourself.
663b6dd324ce5
That's right, it wasn't finished. Ajare dropped out of the project and I am lacking 3D modelling skills to finish it. Also it was never animated IIRC.
663b6dd324e1a
How do you get this new shodan model to work. Cose ive put it in my system shock 2 mesh file but shodan till looks like here old model. Why dosnt it say how to do it. Plz tell me how to do it.
663b6dd324f34
Welcome back to your posting-ban, Liam. Now that you have the time, try reading the thread again.
With a bit of luck you may figure out why this model doesn't work in your game and why I keep telling you to read first.

663b6dd325356Chandlermaki

663b6dd3253bb
How do you get this new shodan model to work. Cose ive put it in my system shock 2 mesh file but shodan till looks like here old model. Why dosnt it say how to do it. Plz tell me how to do it.
Its not even in .bin
If you want to use it you have to make it .bin format.
663b6dd32569d
Lateron Zygoptera did the rigging for Dark but the animation was never finished.
I can't remember trying to animate it. Are you sure it was me? I may have supplied the joint planes but I would have thought I would remembered it not working.

I'll have a look at it over the weekend anyway, as it is meant to rain most of today and tomorrow so I ought to have some spare time.
663b6dd3257d4
OK...

The model in the first post seems to be lacking texturing. Is that right?

Otherwise the model seems to need only minor adjustments. I've fixed the polygon bleed from the 'hair' fan to the arm/ shoulder, and put the neck joint into the right place so she doesn't look like shes broken her jaw every time she moves her head. What are the other problems?

Even with the textures missing it gives a very definite frame rate drop when the model is in view.
663b6dd3258c2
I'm pretty sure the model should use the provided textures. Of course it's been a while.

663b6dd325994Nameless Voice

663b6dd3259f0
I know we applied the textures to her, I remember how the converter liked to crash when we used certain combinations of different textures on her.  I also remember tweaking the UV mapping...?
663b6dd325c88
I've had a look and it seems to be set up ok now. One or two motion problem are evident- she occasionally looks like she has broken her arm (not too badly though) and the firing animation causes her to do a rather weird sort of... thigh/pelvic thrust. Both may actually be problems with the motion files rather than the model. And you can see straight through her mouth so it probably needs sealing. Since the downloaded model was not textured I stuck one on at random to check whether I could replicate any problems, but couldn't, though I didn't play around with the UV or anything.

If someone (Kolya, NV) has the textured model lying around somewhere it may be worth copying the joint planes from the attached over that model and see if it then works OK, or send it to me if you prefer.

Edit: The hip rotation is a motion issue, not a model one. At least one of the ranged attack motions has a weird hip rotation set towards its end. Also, apparently Shodan should not be animated as a standard human, but as Something Else as her motions do not detect as being humanoid...
« Last Edit: 27. April 2008, 23:20:12 by Zygo »

663b6dd325dd4Nameless Voice

663b6dd325e25
I just took a look in that archive, and it looks to be extremely dated.
The .3ds file in there is from the 3rd of June 2006, whereas the latest .max file I have for SHODAN is from December of that year.

If I recall correctly, we stopped working on this because Kolya decided to play around with the features of her face, and then Ajare saw the model and hated what Kolya'd done with it. :)
663b6dd325f3f
Yeah, well the main problem was I had no idea what I was doing like so often.
Anyway, I haven't got 3dsmax installed atm but I hope this is the latest model without the changes I did to poor Shoddys face.

663b6dd326343RocketMan

663b6dd326427
Her hair would look really cool as an animated texture :)  I've never seen electricity stand still before.
663b6dd32653a
Do TGAs work with meshes? The model will compile fine and work fine, so long as it doesn't include the tga texture (reassigning to any other texture format works fine).

663b6dd3265e1Nameless Voice

663b6dd32663f
I thought they did.  You might want to check the format of the TGA, since Dark doesn't like certain settings.

663b6dd326752ZylonBane

663b6dd3267a0
Whatever happened to Ajare? He still doing any SS2 modelling?

663b6dd32684bNameless Voice

663b6dd32689b
Not to my knowledge.  He used to come to #SystemShock sometimes, but I haven't seen him there in ages either.  A pity.
663b6dd326a50
Tags: °mesh °SS2
Yeah, tga works. For some reason the alpha channel wasn't sticking when I saved it, so it was always saving as 24 bit. Copied a tga from one of Christine's fms over it and it worked fine- though it was a little odd to see shodan advertising a bar.

As it turned out that last version model only had two bad points, both where the frill dropped below the neck joint planes. Shifted the two points to just above and it seems to be working aok.

Archive attached (note: the bin/cal are called "shodand" at the moment as I turned them into rev2 meshes in case that was what was causing the problem).
« Last Edit: 09. November 2009, 21:36:04 by Kolya »

663b6dd326c11RocketMan

663b6dd326c6f
I used to chat with Ajare on msn a bit.  I'm pretty sure he's out of it.  He seems to have closed out this chapter and is making some professional 3d brains and other coolness.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the AI in System Shock 2 that shares its name with a Persian king:
1 Guest is here.
As refreshingly optimistic as her view of technology is, she also speaks longingly of the time before screens, when people drew pictures and played instruments as a part of daily life.
Page: [1] 2 3 »
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663b6dd326dae