6647200a8117f

6647200a816fc
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Four Hundred (400)
Page: « 1 2 [3] 4 ... 20 »
Read 504928 times  

Re: Four Hundred
6647200a81cdf
Yeah, I got the meaning. It's because they have the same Z parameter, even if their X or Y parameters are different (of course they have to be somewhat close in order to interfere with each other). I don't know if "parameter" is the adecuate word in english, because I'm not a native speaker. In spanish we call it "coordenada", the same as "coordinate".

6647200a81df0DMI-1407

6647200a81e49
i want to activate shtup and your mod too,
i have see that some files have the same name and directory...
( shtup_beta6.ss2mod\obj\txt16\static_.pcx  and  AccFam_9.rar\Obj\txt16\STATIC_.mtl )
so hm what are mtl files ? shaders ? because they link to inc files... hm and they link to other inc files too
or to textures with uv coordinates...
I think STATIC_.mtl replaces the static_.pcx with the OBJ_Static.png ... so can i delete the static_.pcx from shtup ?  :/

6647200a8200avoodoo47

6647200a82073
mtls specify the replacement texture size (among other things). unless you plan doing your own mods, it's nothing to be concerned of. just install both mods and play.

6647200a8210fMarcelo

Re: SS2 Four Hundred
6647200a82160
Thank you for this. This mod works great in combination with SHTUP.  :thumb:

6647200a82260Marcelo

6647200a822ae
Hey ACC. Just leaving a texture here in case you might want to use it. grav002
Image: http://i45.tinypic.com/11l4lqt.jpgImage: http://i49.tinypic.com/i5djdv.png

6647200a82361Kyle873

6647200a823b1
Holy crap this looks awesome. This plus all the effects cranked up to max actually makes System Shock 2 look really damn good. However it can get a bit laggy since I'm using an older Radeon HD card. Good thing my 660 GTX is on it's way. :D
6647200a824eb
Ahahaaaaa-a-a-a-I forgot I was working on that. Sorry. I'll get back to it asap (just finished working on a jigsaw puzzle game, I'm not even kidding). Anyway.

Thanks everyone.

Thanks Marcelo but I don't see the texture this way (and I'm sure some of you don't see the textures the way I did them either). That's a bit of the problem when redrawing thirteen years old graphics.
Acknowledged by: RocketMan
6647200a8265e
Your way of seeing things has led you well so far, keep going. :)

6647200a82712Marcelo

6647200a82d96
Yep my texture is a bad interpretation of the original. Your textures are perfectly made and fit perfectly to the older style. I wish I could draw textures like you do. Please do continue, we are looking forward for more. WE WANT MOAR!  :thumb:

6647200a83225RocketMan

6647200a832b9
It's not bad... like all things it's rarely perfect the first time around that's all.  Post your work in progress, get feedback and the final product may very well be of a high caliber.  That's why 2 heads are better than one :)
6647200a833f4
(small update, nothing fancy: a few generic textures, two or three more in Hydro, two -gross- Many skins)

6647200a8348eRocketMan

6647200a834de
Go ACC woot woot !!!

6647200a8385dKyle873

6647200a838ba
Go ACC woot woot !!!

Couldn't agree more, you're doing a top notch job. The environment maps on the glass textures looks really nice. I can imagine that making the Crystal Shard looking pretty badass. Also, how is the animation on some of the textures so SMOOTH now? Like the water, fading ATTENTION screen and the generic "blue phase" effect used for the force fields and laser pistol? They all look really good. If all the monitor and screen textures actually get updated to use that smooth animation with legible writing and such, that would be amazing.

6647200a839e1voodoo47

6647200a83a31
the med obj logo looks slightly off, see the pic (small piece of green artifact showing in he upper left corner as well). btw, I assume you are aware of the SHEMP package? most of the screen textures have already been recreated in hires, and are as close to the originals as they can get.
6647200a83dff
In the original game, the animations are frame based (one image per animation frame) and most of the time, there are only four frames -- exception made for liquids. Whenever it's possible, I use the material scripting instead. You get a smoother animation and uses less pictures (it means less ram, more cpu).

Now for the downsides:
First, for each new layer you get an additional rendering pass. That's the reason why some part of the screen textures looks "cut out" while the rest is bi-linear filtered (that should be easy to fix, just have to smooth the alpha).
 The other problem I have is how to animation is "timed": I once tried to make an actual screen writing stuff (you know, character per character, line after line). But it didn't work because I couldn't synchronize the scrolling for the layer (I tried to scroll a mask layer right with the sawtooth function every X seconds to uncover Y characters, and lower the same layer down every X*Y seconds, but it didn't work at all. I suspect the timer isn't locked when the rendering starts because the movement was correct, the timing was not).
 Finally, I still can't get the pivot function to work, so I'll have to use the good old frame-based animation for some elements.

(Also, Grosnus sent me a few nice textures, they'll be in the next release)
btw, I assume you are aware of the SHEMP package?
Of course I am.
Kidding appart, why do we have to keep all of these mods separed? It's really hard to keep track of this and that...

6647200a841a2ZylonBane

6647200a841ff
Kidding appart, why do we have to keep all of these mods separed? It's really hard to keep track of this and that...
Because they do different things. SHEMP isn't even a mod, it's a resource package.

That being said, many people have suggested creating some sort of mega-mod package of the most popular mods.

6647200a845bevoodoo47

6647200a84618
because while most people agree that the current mess of ss2 mods needs to be cleaned up, nobody is really sure how to tackle the issue. pretty sure ZB plans to add SHEMP into SHTUP, so as soon as he new version is out, yaay there will be conflicts with 400 mod (as you already have your own version of the screen textures). the situation with the other mod packs is similar - some of them are unfinished, they have conflicts with each other, and they are often not available in easily installable packages. will be tough getting out of this.

also, while I can roughly understand what are you saying (the tech stuff), I have only used some very basic mtl functions in those very few mini mods that i've put together, so I can't offer any help, unfortunately.

but here's the funny fact - it's exactly because of this (the need to mess a lot with the mods) that I've ended up here, and for the better or worse, I've stayed.
6647200a84a6e
so as soon as he new version is out, yaay there will be conflicts with 400 mod
(I can't help myself but marvel at how incredibly negative and unhelpful you sound sometimes)

Since I'm new around here and it's not in my plans to stay, who's in charge of what? Could it be possible to see what assets are done so far and merge all these projects together? I'm not saying "right away"; I only hope for some agreement with the author of every content, at least. I understand the point of a "mod compilation", but the problem remains the same: what an unaware user is supposed to install? Merge as much *related* content as possible in a single mod seems to be a good idea (consistency wise anyway).

(Can't wait for the next update, get Grosnus textures here, adds the gravshafts textures and the road in front of the Ramsey Center)

6647200a84dbfvoodoo47

6647200a84e14
well, I am an incredibly negative and unhelpful person sometimes, no doubt. :rolleyes:
it's not in my plans to stay
hope you'll reconsider. skilled people interested into ss2 modding are rare. as for who's in charge of what, well, ZB is the SHTUP guy as already mentioned, Nameless Voice rules over ADAOB, you are doing the world textures apparently, Guud (also a new guy) looks like he is serious about doing an AI mesh mod, and I'm in charge of bugging everyone for improvements and features, as I'm basically talentless and can only make small fixes here and there (sticking fingers into everyone's soup). the rest of the mods are either abandoned, or on a very long term hiatus.

so basically, your work right now is a great addition, but doing the screen textures seems a bit redundant (no idea how time consuming they are) - it would perhaps be wiser to concentrate on the (much more needed) world textures. but the choice is all yours, of course.

when the new versions are released, maybe we could at least create some compatible and easily installable packages - world texture update (400 mod), obj texture update (SHTUP), bugfixes (ADAOB), weapon pack (Tacticool + all the addons) etc, that should make things much easier.
« Last Edit: 09. January 2013, 20:05:55 by voodoo47 »
6647200a84f56
I'd gladly skip the screens (because I'm lazy), but I also hope the already done screens are not simple frame-per-frame redraws...

6647200a8517bZylonBane

6647200a851da
I'd gladly skip the screens (because I'm lazy), but I also hope the already done screens are not simple frame-per-frame redraws...
You haven't actually tried ADaOB yet? Or even looked at the SHEMP textures?

6647200a85368voodoo47

6647200a853c5
well, they are much higher in resolution (than the original ones), and the animation has more frames, so they are much smoother (and they are extremely close to the originals in the way they look, we like that a lot here). they had to pull some quite crazy stuff to get them working in the old engine. if they (the textures) had some deficiencies, I'm pretty sure ZB will fix them up for the upcoming SHTUP release.
6647200a85697
You haven't actually tried ADaOB yet? Or even looked at the SHEMP textures?
Nope, I didn't. I used to play with ShTUp.

6647200a85787Marcelo

6647200a857e2
Thank you so much for updating your Mod ACC. The textures look great. I agree with what you say about unifying all texture mods in a single install. Some textures are repeated so what? The most accurate should make it through the final release.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a perfect, _____ machine? (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
(Shhh, I think some are here)
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6647200a8595e