Page: « 1 2 [3]
66334cf435707
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Zygo Arena
Read 59936 times  

66334cf435dfcHardcore

66334cf435e6a

Shodan is hiding through a partially transparent wall. There are clues as to where this is (sound, you can see through the wall, a few other things). It's in one of the upstairs areas. Unfortunately that is one of the things which is impossible for me to know how easy or not it is to find- the only person I've ever seen play the mission found it the very first time they went into the relevant area but I'd imagine there'd be a lot of variation. Once you're there there are four different ways of winning, iirc modify, hacking and repair as well as brute force can be used to win.

Finished every fanmission for SS2 now. But I have a few questions and difficulties here. First thing I didn't get was the SecBot Chip to research an unidentified object. I also didn't get the weapon which could use any sort of ammunition. But I didn't hack every switch near the replicators. Are these items maybe in there?

The other thing is the bossfight. The only way which worked for me was to hack the 3 shields from the SHODAN-face and kill it. When I tried the option with the 5 switches and hack the switch with the code (after hacking the 3 shields) nothing happens. I also experimented with modify- and repairtools in the whole room on every possible object but couldn't find anything which work. Any hints?
66334cf436046
IIRC SecBot chip generation is random, as most things are, so it's easy enough to not get it generated during a game. I cannot remember anything about a weapon using all ammo, my immediate thought is that it doesn't exist since it would have taken a shedload of gamesys links at a time when you could very easily crash ShockEd with them if you made a mistake.

Also IIRC using modify/ repair had a problem- you had to have used the skills on a weapon/ object requiring a certain skill level since there wasn't a script at that time to directly check the skill level of the player. Assumption was that if you had high repair/ modify you'd use them and that would set the flag allowing them to be used in the endgame. If you didn't use them then unfortunately it would act as if you didn't have the skills.

It's been so long that I really am hazy on the details though, except that they did all work. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
66334cf43613a
what is this like an actual arena like the rome one? please respond if this is what i am looking for.

66334cf4363b6Yerltvachovicic

66334cf43640c
I've been playing Zygo Arena for 9 hours now, and still don't know how 'Xerxes hard points' look like and where to find them.
Little help anyone?

Also some of the bot chips need unusual materials for researching them, for example hybrid organ, but when I try to p-click hybrid organ to be used as component it doesn't continue research, what do I do wrong?

66334cf4364bcYerltvachovicic

66334cf436512
Ok, Xerxes hard points after many, many hours recognized for what they are =___='
to my eternal shame.

Still do not comprehend how I must have identified arachnid part to identify arachnid part ;0
66334cf43665a
This is literally The mission I want to try coop when SS2EE hits.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

In which year was System Shock 2 released:
1 Guest is here.
(Tip: yes, you would)
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66334cf43676f