663c0426b49e9

663c0426b4f6a
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS1 System Shock EE Italian Translation Read 7063 times  

663c0426b573a
Hi to everyone.

My name is Manuel and sorry for english not perfect but I'm italian.

I have realized a text translation of the game System Shock EE in italian language.
If someone is interested, the translation download link is available here:

www.advancedstudios.it/forum/index.php?/topic/3637-system-shock-ee-traduzione-italiano

The only thing that I cannot translate is the image .bmp of the description of the
interface that appear just before starting the game with the space bar (or clicking alt+o).

I found that this image is located in the file "gamescrn.res".
I extracted the images with the program "DumpTex.exe" and edited the english version (1347.bmp) in italian
with Photoshop but I don't know how to import this 1347.bmp image into the file "gamescrn.res" again.

I know that Gigaquad has realized a program called "hi-res3DSS" to replace some textures in the "citmat.res" file,
so I gently ask if someone know how to do the same with the file "gamescrn.res" just to change that image.
Maybe just recompiling the "hi-res3DSS" program?

If someone wanna help me,
my email is manlil@libero.it

Thank you

Manuel
[1347 ENG.bmp expired]
[1347 IT.bmp expired]
« Last Edit: 22. October 2022, 12:28:56 by Moderator »

663c0426b5c22dertseha

Re: System Shock EE Italian Translation
663c0426b5ce2
Hello manlil / Manuel!

Great work that you did there!
May I ask what tools you used to export/import the texts?
As for the images: The project I am working on, "Inkyblackness" ( http://inkyblackness.github.io/ ), has in its "deck" package also the tool called "chunkie" which allows export and import of several resource types. Images can be re-imported, though they need to be based on the same palette.

I am not at my computer right now to tell you which image format it supports (I believe it was gif) albeit being the simplest problem. So with that you will be able to update the image.

At the moment chunkie does not support importing any of the videos (high-/low-res, or the vidmails), though, if you like, this could be added. That way you also could cover these resources, including the subtitles for the videos. Exporting works, so you can have a look on them...

663c0426b5e67
Hi dertseha!
Thanks for your answer.

To export and import again all the texts I used the program "transl.exe"
from the "SS1transl.zip" by Gigaquad. If you wanna know exactly the procedure,
if you give me a your email address I just explain it to you better.

If I don't ask too much to you, can you please send me by email the tool "chunkie"
to export/import images in the gamescrn.res file with a little explanation to how to do,
because I haven't found it in the site of your projet.

Thank you very much!

Manuel
663c0426b6007
I'm pretty sure that subtitles for videos are possible without baking them into the video. I remember finding a string file in the resources that had the narration of the intro video. And I think I've seen it with subtitles on YouTube.

663c0426b6338dertseha

663c0426b6393
I'm pretty sure that subtitles for videos are possible without baking them into the video. I remember finding a string file in the resources that had the narration of the intro video. And I think I've seen it with subtitles on YouTube.
You are correct for the low-res videos. These have their strings in chunks 0x0872-0x0874, stored in the respective text resources. Most likely that Manuel already covered those.
The videos in the MOVI format of the CD-release on the other hand have their subtitles baked in. Details on the format here.

Though, I suppose this would be an academic pursuit anyway, as the subtitles are only shown if no sound card is configured. And in this day and age, such a scenario is unheard of (pun intended :P ).
Acknowledged by: Kolya
663c0426b6560
Re-import image problem solved!!!

A big thank you to dertseha and his projet http://inkyblackness.github.io/
for his help to the technical realization of the translation.

Thank you for everthing dertseha!!!

The updated italian translation (now 100% complete) is available here:

http://www.advancedstudios.it/forum/index.php?/topic/3637-system-shock-ee-traduzione-italiano
Acknowledged by: dertseha
663c0426b667e
Download doesn't work.

[Sorry  you do not have permission for that .png expired]
663c0426b6781
You have to register in the forum with a simple free account!

663c0426b6a24unn_atropos

663c0426b6a81
Um, why?
663c0426b6ba6
I don't know why, I'm not the administrator of that forum.
But if you want the download is also available here:

https://mega.nz/#!i1dBjA4I!0Au2UwtqR3rXt9_ujK8mdRUfNQR0L0C-2TJogjD-NJo
663c0426b6ceb
If you don't mind I would like to attach the download to the first post in this thread and then move the thread to the Looking Glass Classics board where the other resources for SS1 reside. That way people will find it easier.
663c0426b6dc4
Hello Kolya.
Yes, great idea!
Thank you very much.
663c0426b6eb9
A user here reported that the intro video subtitles do not work. Apparently this is a known issue.
663c0426b7093
Hello to everyone!!!

I just want to inform all the System Shock's fans (italians and not) that I just updated
the Italian Translation to the brand new "The Source Port Update" version of the game.

For a easy installation (and not to copy all the files one by one by hand),
I created two separated self-extract installers (one for STEAM and one for GOG).

You can find the download of the installers in the dedicated italian forum:

www.advancedstudios.it/forum/topic/3637-system-shock-ee-the-source-port-update-traduzione-italiano/

I want to thank all the community of systemshock.org to always keep alive this game
and a special thank to dertseha and his project inkyblackness.github.io for creating
the tools that have made all this possible.

Thank you very much, guys!!!
663c0426b71f0
@manlil It would be a really nice way of saying thank you, if you made these translations freely available here. And not only behind the registration-wall of another forum. Any chance for that?

The reason why I'm asking, is that we are an archive for System Shock modifications. So we want to archive your translation and ensure everyone can get it easily. Like we do with a lot of other files and modifications. Some of which you may have enjoyed yourself.

663c0426b7351voodoo47

663c0426b73c0
yeah, doesn't seem like the attachments are available - feel free to attach them to your post, you should have permissions to do so.

also, the GOG and steam versions are identical, any reason for each having a separate file?
663c0426b75f7
Hi Kolya!

Of course it's possible.
I posted the link to our forum in italian language just to give it some visibility.
The italian community to this kind of games like System Shock is very little,
and the translation's project in that forum started since 2009.
The forum requires just an user free account to download attachments,
there's nothing strange or particular.
Anyway, I have no problems to share the translation here.

Hi voodoo47!

I created two separated installers (Steam & GOG) 'cause different folders installation.
Difference between installers it's only that, but in this way
people don't have to write manually the specific directory folder
where to install the modified files. Just click OK in the installer and go.

The installers size (16mb) would seem to be apparently too big to attach directly
in this thread by me, so this is the external download link:

https://mega.nz/#!W0tkjK5S!99L4MYu8TkhcfNaViMB6AdVbVHhRm1z13sIPQFRyI8Q

Kolya, if it can be done, you can put translations in the first post of the thread,
(delete the existing because files has been modified to bring conformity between versions)

Thank you very much for your interest, guys!!!
« Last Edit: 23. September 2018, 17:42:35 by Moderator »

663c0426b76cdvoodoo47

663c0426b7730
you can attach files up to 20MB - anyway, just post the res files, we will repackage it as a proper mod.

the steam/GOG file locations will be unified once the next update is out.
663c0426b7c13
Hi Kolya!

Of course it's possible.
I posted the link to our forum in italian language just to give it some visibility.
The italian community to this kind of games like System Shock is very little,
and the translation's project in that forum started since 2009.
The forum requires just an user free account to download attachments,
there's nothing strange or particular.
Anyway, I have no problems to share the translation here.

[...]

Kolya, if it can be done, you can put translations in the first post of the thread,
(delete the existing because files has been modified to bring conformity between versions)

Cool, thank you. :)
I attached the archive with the installers to your first post (and removed the old translation).

663c0426b7ce3Emanuele

663c0426b7d39
Hi ! Any chance to get this patch update ? In actual steam version it don't work ! Thanx for all ! bySpawnPPC
663c0426b7e5a
Italian translation updated to Steam build 4792522 on 18 March 2020
steamdb.info/patchnotes/4792522

advancedstudios.it/forum/topic/2454-system-shock-ee-the-source-port-update-traduzione-italiano
« Last Edit: 14. June 2020, 08:38:21 by manlil »
663c0426b7f84
Italian translation updated to Steam build 4792522 on 18 March 2020
steamdb.info/patchnotes/4792522

mega.nz/file/S5lGiYZI#x9CfVnfrVoWC_oSkYuXXKHbMRe3q98SrmgP5nRA9aIc
« Last Edit: 14. June 2020, 08:32:52 by manlil »

663c0426b82e4Ulisses

663c0426b8365
manlilBuongiorno Manlil
Sono brasiliano e ho sempre provato a giocare a SS1 EE, ma non capisco molto l'inglese:/
Se puoi dirmi come modificare i testi del gioco, te ne sono molto grato
663c0426b84ff
Buongiorno Ulisses
Sono tedesco, ma farò del mio meglio per aiutarti.
1. Dal primo post scarica l'allegato che si adatta al tuo gioco. Molto probabilmente vuoi quello con "Steam" nel suo nome.
2. Esegui questo programma facendo doppio clic su di esso.
Oppure, se hai la versione classica: decomprimi questi file nel tuo gioco, ad esempio con 7-zip.
Spero che questo aiuti. Buona giornata!
« Last Edit: 25. March 2021, 14:23:15 by Kolya »

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

What does the U.N.N start with?:
1 Guest is here.
what does failure taste like? to me it tastes like dirt. I'm begging you to please look away
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663c0426b8652