66348096a58fa

66348096a6075
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS1 SHLink - System Shock Windows wrapper (no music)
Page: « 1 ... 9 [10]
Read 75031 times  

Re: System Shock runs natively on Windows (no music)
66348096a668d
Your assumption is incorrect. Since the creator behind SHLINK and the Enhanced Edition is the same person, he can release his own works with as many different licenses as pleases him.
Acknowledged by: K-Bone

66348096a6832synthetic

66348096a68ac
Thank you for your reply.

I've read GPL 2 FAQ and there are two points which look contradictory to me. On one hand, it says that the author themself is not bound by GPL and, as you say, can do with his program whatever pleases him. On the other hand, it says that the developer who had released a program under GPL can't later license it to another party for exclusive use.

I should say that I have a great respect for Malba Tahan, he's obviously a very talented programmer and a really nice person. I have nothing against Night Dive as well and most certainly don't want to cause them any headache. I'm not interested in stirring any trouble for the sake of it, I'm only interested in the source code. There's a lot to learn from it and I'd hate to see it lost the way the original System Shock's code was lost.

66348096a6c67unn_atropos

66348096a6cc3
If I remember correctly they said in the stream a few days back that they wanted to release the source code of the stuff they use to get the game working. (not the Sys1 code, because they don't have it.)
66348096a6dd2
Neat. I'd like to try making the widescreen Hor+ instead of Vert-, and also add a way to turn off the awful sprite filtering when you get close to in-game sprites
66348096a6f81
Does anyone know is last (commercial) version of SHLink (and Complex clash) source code going to be released?

Although full source code of SS is available this would be interesting to look at.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

The deck number where you shall meet Dr. Janice Polito:
1 Guest is here.
Hold the phone, they have dynamite!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66348096a70b4