6647e25d8588a
5 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 Straylight ADaOB v0.3.0
Page: « 1 ... 11 [12] 13 ... 35 »
Read 519586 times  

6647e25d8612fNameless Voice

Re: SS2 Straylight ADaoB v0.3.0
6647e25d861ec
Older versions changed the core gameplay more and had fewer bugfixes...

There is a version 0.1.0 (?) from before Straylight took out most of the gadgets (ICE Picks, etc.) from higher difficulty levels, though newer versions of ADaOB have added most of those back in.
« Last Edit: 21. August 2010, 17:59:15 by Nameless Voice »
6647e25d863d7
This mod is very nice, but when I play at Engieneering Deck, all of the screens still look bad. This is odd cause all of them at Med / Sci are improved. Maybe this is work in progress but I wanna be sure that this is not a bug. C ya.

6647e25d864d0Nameless Voice

6647e25d8652f
We can't change the terrain in some missions because the terrain information has been stripped out of them.
6647e25d86764
Ok np. I hope you can change it some day.

6647e25d868a2Krytron

6647e25d86901
Is it possible to get rid of the bug concerning the security system (precisely, it just staying offline when loading from a save made after having hacked it) without installing ADaoB?

I am playing SS2 for the first time, and it's the only obvious bug I have noticed thus far, albeit quite an irritating one. I would like to avoid installing ADaoB for the first playthrough though, especially that you recommend against it. Is there a way to just fix the mentioned problem?

6647e25d869d0Nameless Voice

6647e25d86a28
Hmm, not really.  It needs a custom script that needs to be loaded into every single mission file.

6647e25d86b28Krytron

6647e25d86b83
Well, that's too bad. I guess I then will need to kinda work around it by saving just before hacking a security terminal, and reloading that save should I manage to get killed before it goes back online (exploiting the bug is quite cheap IMO, and greatly takes away from the atmosphere).

6647e25d86cd7voodoo47

6647e25d86d34
..pretty sure I have already mentioned this somewhere,but no matter.

the new laser pistol is a bit buggy for me; pieces of the beam sometimes stay on the screen hanging in midair.sometimes,the weapon fires,but the beam won't come out (usually leaving a piece of the beam in the place where I was standing).after this,the weapon model (the hand holding the gun) usually vanishes (so it looks like you don't have any weapon equipped).re-equipping the weapon fixes this.

the wormheart bug is still present-when you change maps with the implant equipped,the healing effect vanishes,and you have to re-equip the implant to enable it again (helloo toxins).
6647e25d86f29
The laser pistol bug has already been fixed with the new nvscript linked in this post:

https://www.systemshock.org/index.php?topic=25.msg8168;topicseen#msg8168

6647e25d8737cvoodoo47

6647e25d873d0
thanks,I had a quick look at this topic before posting,but I must have skipped the part with the fix somehow.

anyway,I have been messing with ss2 last few days (after a 1 year pause,shame on me),and I have tried secmod,and while I must admit it is an interesting piece of work,its not exactly close to the original experience..however,some features/ideas/improvements are great,and I think maybe you guys could consider implementing some of them.

1. shotgun is removed from the hybrid's hand when you take it from his inventory-a fix for one of the oldest ss2 anomalies I remember.awesome.
2. shotgun hybrid/grenade hybrid have a melee attack (plus the grenade attack is fixed so the hybrid is now actually able to hit you from any distance)-strays a small bit from the original experience,but still,very nice idea(s).
3. shard hybrid-another great idea,melee hybrids on deck 4 and up could wield crystal shards, and have more hitpoints.the logs support the existence of shard hybrids as well (MORRIS 09.JUL.14: Crystal gifts, SHODAN 12.JUL.14: An elegant weapon).
4. broken lockers are repairable,and lootable-something that would finally make the repair skill somewhat more useful.would also require adding some (preferably random) loot to the repairable lockers.
5. desks,lockers,slot machines actually open/close when you use them.cyber upgrade units have their eyeslot piece rotate upwards when frobbed (and then it moves back)-neat.

some more fixes to consider (they stray more from what I consider classic gameplay,but still,they would improve the game,at least that's what I think),copied directly from secmod readme:
----------------
- Naturally Able: Gives you 1 CM for every 10 CM you find, kinda like an old school +10% experience trait
- Increasing difficulty changes monster hitpoints/speeds, camera noises and detection delays
- Whenever a camera is destroyed there is a good chance an enemy will be dispatched to 'check up on things' near the camera's location, higher difficulty spawns more enemies
- Patched up hybrid combat behavior, Some ridiculously slow attack animations (upwards swing particularily) have been sped up, Far less stepping back and forth uselessly
- Spiders may try to jump at you if they can't reach you because you're too high
- Worm Skin: Reduces Energy damage by 50%, Reduces Anti-Human damage by 70% (massively reduced damage from psi reaver shots and annelid weapons' shots while in Anti-Human mode)
- recharger's energy beam glows brighter for half a second when it's frobbed
- item randomization on corpses and containers
- fixed the unbreakable/recoilless weapons scattered across the levels

btw,is the screaming toilet bug fixed? :)
« Last Edit: 29. September 2010, 18:56:46 by voodoo47 »
6647e25d87591
my modmanager says that the weapon replacements and the shtup mods dont work together with this mod, so i disabled them for this one. now some things look better, but most things stayed like they were (not like that beautiful grafic in shtup). so what shall i do? use shtup and weapon replacements or adaob?
6647e25d87750
You can use at least SHTUP and ADaoB together, probably the weapons too, depending on which you use. Activate in this order: SHTUP->ADaoB->weapons
Read the SS2 Tech FAQ about which mods are compatible and about the warnings of the mod manager.

6647e25d87812voodoo47

6647e25d87871
..got another bugreport-if you fire the laser pistol on the MAX setting,and (quick)save during the cooldown period,when you reload that save,the laser pistol will become unusable (no matter how much charge is left,it will not fire,just produce the "out of ammo" clicking).issue is not present in adaob0.2.9.

6647e25d87e63RocketMan

6647e25d87eb9
if you fire the laser pistol on the MAX setting,and (quick)save during the cooldown period...

A man goes to see the doctor and says: "Doctor, doctor!  When I put my arm behind my head and try to touch my other shoulder, I feel a sharp pain." 

The doctor calmly replies: "Then don't bend your arm that way."

:)

6647e25d87f7evoodoo47

6647e25d87fcd
I'd like to point out that I did NOT do it on purpose,and I lost 30 minutes of gameplay because of it.now that I know about it I will make sure not to do it again,but still,I consider it as a bug,as no such issue is present in the vanilla version (and in older releases of adaob).

6647e25d88070Nameless Voice

6647e25d880ca
Argh, I thought I'd accounted for that.
Modifying the gun should fix it, though that's a limited solution at best.  I'll try to fix it for the next release.

6647e25d88175voodoo47

6647e25d881c1
 :thumbwink:

..playing some more,I have noticed that many items that are definitely not hard/massive enough (egg spores,cigarettes) are able to smash computer screens.this is an anomaly,if you ask me..
6647e25d882b2
* Kolya throws pack of cigarettes at screen

Damn, I trusted you!

6647e25d883c0ZylonBane

6647e25d8846a
Screen breakability in SS2 has always been weird. Smacking a screen with a 10-pound wrench won't break it, but a falling bullet casing will.

6647e25d887c5voodoo47

6647e25d8881b
Smacking a screen with a 10-pound wrench won't break it
throwing the (monkey?) wrench does,though.my recommendation would be-remove screen breakability completely.not being able to break them at all is still better than being able to break them in weird ways.

btw,there is still quite a number of bodies/turrets that float a few inches above the floor.I thought this has been fixed a long time ago? hmmm..maybe rebirth is messing things up,but I doubt it.

6647e25d889b2voodoo47

6647e25d88a07
ok,I have reached botm,let me sum up the issues I have encountered:

-laser pistol cooldown save/load bug (already mentioned)
-screen breakability anomaly (already mentioned)
-wormheart bug (when moving between levels with the implant equipped,the healing effect will vanish when the new level is loaded.the implant needs to be re-equipped to fix this)
-many (all?) piles of disgusting worms after the rickenbacker inverted level are "broken"-they will not give you any toxins when you step into them.makes the wormheart implant much less useful.
-many dead bodies (and that broken turret near ops command center) are placed incorrectly-they either float a few inches above the ground,or are sunken a few inches into the ground.some bodies that sit in the corners are not touching the wall(s) at all (already mentioned).I'm willing to provide screenshots if necessary.
-found two badly placed logs,one collides with a texture,one is hidden under a crate: http://img59.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=screenshot2rw.png

I'm going to start a second run tomorrow (psi),let's see if I can find more stuff..

6647e25d88b78ZylonBane

6647e25d88bd4
I have a minor suggestion for the next update. In the first upgrade room, where Polito tells you to use your cybermodules carefully because they're hard to come by, the corpse in that very room has, tadah, some CMs. This always struck me as unintentionally funny. I suggest taking the CMs off that corpse and moving them to this corpse in the medical subsector:

Image: http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6624/ss2medsectorcorpse.th.jpg

This corpse currently has nothing on him, which I always thought was odd, because you have to go exploring a bit off the critical path to even find him. So, moving the CMs there would solve both problems.

In other news, I've just started giving SS2 some serious play time on my new Windows 7 64-bit system, fully patched up with SS2Tool, and... I've been getting random "System Shock 2 has stopped working." errors. ARGH.

6647e25d88ca2voodoo47

6647e25d88cf2
he had a pistol with one bullet in ss2 demo,that kinda suited him better.

btw,this guy's ai seems to be bugged,he just stands there,doing nothing.
« Last Edit: 10. October 2010, 07:04:04 by voodoo47 »
6647e25d892d9
I have a minor suggestion for the next update. In the first upgrade room, where Polito tells you to use your cybermodules carefully because they're hard to come by, the corpse in that very room has, tadah, some CMs. This always struck me as unintentionally funny. I suggest taking the CMs off that corpse and moving them to this corpse in the medical subsector:

Image: http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6624/ss2medsectorcorpse.th.jpg

This corpse currently has nothing on him, which I always thought was odd, because you have to go exploring a bit off the critical path to even find him. So, moving the CMs there would solve both problems.
I always thought that the developers wanted the player to spend those CMs on their very first upgrade, which means they may have been aware of this "error".

If you really want to change it, let Polito give you the usual 4 CMs (that was on Normal, right?) and add the corpse's CMs on top.
« Last Edit: 10. October 2010, 11:34:54 by Marvin »

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a perfect, _____ machine? (Fill in the missing word):
5 Guests are here.
Golden, too, are the posts of its doors.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6647e25d8941a