66472e4e84f8d

66472e4e85657
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 System Shock Infinite 2.4 Read 186926 times  

66472e4e85cb4Primitive Primeape

Re: System Shock Infinite
66472e4e85d3c
Is it really wise to post and tell about each ending before anyone had a chance to see them themselves? :o
66472e4e86038
Is it really wise to post and tell about each ending before anyone had a chance to see them themselves? :o

You are right, don't watch the video if you care about spoilers. I do it because it's basically all I'm doing, and the feedback is useful to continue.

66472e4e860f0Primitive Primeape

66472e4e8613f
Sorry, didn't mean to sound harsh or anything. Of course I could just ignore each video posted, which I do.

66472e4e861e0This_is_Xerxes

66472e4e8622c
Is the "True Ending" that involves a detailed narrative from Goggles still scheduled for production? I can't get enough of these cutscenes!
66472e4e86334
Yes, I'm just running late with the updates. You'll be getting, in order:

1) Patch 1.6, whose OSA achievement run I'm still fine tuning (very fun to play btw!);
2) Remake of the neutral ending, and part of the bad ending;
3) Another achievement run? Post me any ideas!
4) Remake of the true ending.
Acknowledged by: Primitive Primeape
66472e4e865e3
Patch 1.6 is ready! New features:
  • "Prequel Ending": Defeat SHODAN on Deck 4. Requires a level 6 energy weapon.
  • "Twist Ending": collect 8 chips and beat Cyberspace, without ever using a Weapon Upgrade Unit.
  • Updated "True Ending" sequence: you now require 8 chips, 8 tears to unlock it.
  • Extensive tuneup of crowd control PSI abilities to better perform in a full OSA run.
  • More bugfixes!
Download: http://www.moddb.com/mods/system-shock-infinite/downloads/system-shock-infinite-patch-16
« Last Edit: 26. May 2014, 21:43:53 by xdiesp »

66472e4e867baPrimitive Primeape

66472e4e86814
So cool! :D Btw I'm playing as intended now :) No more -50% mod for me baby! :D

66472e4e868dcThis_is_Xerxes

66472e4e8692c
The True Ending will require all 8 Infinite Memory Chips and all 8 Tears, is that correct? Can't wait to play this on Impossible with the 6 Hours mutator! Hooray for SS2 all-nighters!
66472e4e86cde
The True Ending will require all 8 Infinite Memory Chips and all 8 Tears, is that correct? Can't wait to play this on Impossible with the 6 Hours mutator! Hooray for SS2 all-nighters!

Yeah... I edited my post to clarify that detail. :P Basically, the ICE Rapier lobby in Cyberspace is now two-tiered: you unlock 4 locks and you get the sword, normally; then 4 more locks pop up. You unlock those, too, and the Good Ending becomes True Ending.

And if you've never used a Weapon Trainer Unit, the True Ending becomes Twist Ending. If I may suggest, this one's full PSI run is a world of fun.

66472e4e86d9aPrimitive Primeape

66472e4e86dea
I'm glad you're giving the PSI a chance to shine in the otherwise dark world of System Shock 2.
In vanilla mode it's pretty much crap. :p
66472e4e8724b
I was asked how an OSA run in Infinite would play out, if it would resemble a speedrun or pacifist approach. Absolutely not, particularly so after the latest batch of fixes. ;) A typical playthrough would be like this:

- MedSci: you start out with a wrench, a pistol and a psi amp. So, basically you have everything... but energy weapons. So you get your first taste of stealth by avoiding cameras, turrets and mechs. Psionic monkeys are cannon fodder to your "Psionic Bolt" (...was Cryokinesis).

- Engineering: hybrids are tougher, but still no match for you. But you absolutely need the help of "Marie: Distract Target" with the protocol droids. And you need to come up with ideas, like hacking, for the corridors full of turrets. Two fully charged bolts are able to dispatch any psionic monkey in the loading bays.

- Hydroponics: you realize that hybrids take some time to die. You either live with that, or you bring them down with "Adrenaline Overproduction" or a modified pistol with +1 bullets. But the big news is that midwives and rumblers will turn you into mincemeat, if you don't distract them (less good) or paralyze them (better) with "Dominion over the Human Mind" (...was Hypnogenesis). Psionic targets are becoming resilient as well: spiders are better dealt with "Psionic Field" (was Localized Pyrokinesis), while monkeys go down much faster with "Psionic Blast" (was Projected Pyrokinesis). You run away from grubs and swarms, because right now only your hacked turrets may kill them.

- Operations: hybrids would be very hard to take down, but you've got better alternatives now. It's a matter of prioritizing your next upgrades: "Energy Suppression" lets you destroy cameras and shut down mechas (it works on any energy target, even Shodan!); "Photonic Redirection" allows you to clear entire rooms full of loot, without being forced to fight; "Marie: Attack Target" is a perfect killer for red assassins. So you prefer avoiding or stunning enemies, and if something is really in your way, you unleash the high spending Marie spell on them.

- Recreational: this level is rich with Psionic Targets, suited for your "Psionic Rapier" (was Cerebro Extension). You feel like you're in complete control, skipping combat you can avoid and hitting hard when it's required. However you are still quite fragile in direct combat, if you go in unprepared.

- Command: you enjoy making ninjas and rumblers kill each other, with "Sovereignty over the Human Mind" (was Neural Restructuring). Dangerous mechas are instantly put to sleep, too. Psionic targets, particularly the psi reaver, have become quite tough so you might go for "Psionic Strike" (was Soma Drain) or "Psionic Mine". Sometimes you summon Marie just to watch all those grubs blow up in pieces.

- Rickenbacker: the intense fighting between the Many and the Marines that come out of the tear, is the ideal sandbox for Sovereignty. Hybrids versus Midwifes, Assassins versus Hacked Turrets, Rumblers versus Spiders.

- Body of the Many: make short work of the stars around the brain of the many with Psionic Strike, throw Sovereignty at a couple of midwifes and unleash Marie against the Brain of the Many.
66472e4e874a7
I updated the 6 Hours mutator to v1.6, so now it's fully compatible with the new endings. I actually rebuilt it from scratch, in order to turn the timer feature into an unlockable mode in the near future. The time over message is different too. Also I had to reupload Patch 1.6 because of a corrupted file. Sorry!  O_o

Patch 1.6b: http://www.moddb.com/mods/system-shock-infinite/downloads/system-shock-infinite-patch-16
6 Hours addon: http://www.moddb.com/mods/system-shock-infinite/downloads/addon-6-hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PluyHUVtVsU
« Last Edit: 27. May 2014, 18:27:15 by xdiesp »

66472e4e8757bThis_is_Xerxes

66472e4e875c9
The new cutscene makes me think that adding a reference to "24" with the dramatically ticking digital clock would fit nicely  :D

I went berserk while waiting for the new patch to launch, so I began a new game on vanilla. Oh wow, the original hybrid models look more menacing than the sharper-looking "Rebirth" ones.

66472e4e878a3Primitive Primeape

66472e4e878f8
Oh wow, the original hybrid models look more menacing than the sharper-looking "Rebirth" ones.
They really do. I prefer the vanilla models. :3
66472e4e87b81
The new cutscene makes me think that adding a reference to "24" with the dramatically ticking digital clock would fit nicely  :D

See that clock?  :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYzVdv6V5Vs

66472e4e87c54Primitive Primeape

66472e4e87ca2
What the hell happened to Infinite's Mod DB page? Every download is gone except the main file.
66472e4e87ef0
What the hell happened to Infinite's Mod DB page? Every download is gone except the main file.

The files are still being authenticated by the system. I'll see to upload them somewhere else, too.
Patch 1.6: https://www.mediafire.com/?pjl1cnc18dhifh2
6 Hours: https://www.mediafire.com/?pjl1cnc18dhifh2
« Last Edit: 27. May 2014, 20:57:56 by xdiesp »

66472e4e87f91Primitive Primeape

66472e4e87fe4
Now they're up on Mod DB again. Downloaded and "installed" the update, here goes!
66472e4e88147
I remade parts of the Bad Ending, which will be part of the next patch together with a completely reshot Neutral Ending. It isn't that clear why Evil Goggles and Shodan are on that pod, but the rule of cool applies. :P For the next patch, I plan to add more animations to the static Maries as well.

BTW, can anyone suggest me an achievement run that ends up with Goggles joining the Many? Psi and perfect runs have already been covered. We could have Goggles reinfect the 4 sim units for the Many to beat Shodan, but it can't just be about bringing item X to place Y.  :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaRlt7vQm8A

66472e4e881e3Primitive Primeape

66472e4e88235
Do we need to start a new game for each update?
66472e4e884b8
Do we need to start a new game for each update?

It is not strictly required to, but you wouldn't be able to see the new features in levels you have already visited. Because a SS2 savegame contains a copy of the maps you have saved into: so if you were in Operations, then the Prequel ending won't be unlockable because the old map didn't have the event yet. So in order to avoid trouble, it is still advisable to start a new run.

This is the remake of the Neutral Ending! I always had a soft spot for this one: in space, all problems are fixed with the self destruction sequence. :D And the script itself references half a dozen old scifi movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmI_w_YjIkQ
« Last Edit: 28. May 2014, 20:32:26 by xdiesp »

66472e4e88565Primitive Primeape

66472e4e885b5
Okay, I'll start over again then. I don't wanna miss a thing in this mod :)
I wasn't so far into the game anyway, so no big loss.

66472e4e889d7unn_atropos

66472e4e88a34
Two suggestions:
You could you add Vurts Hi-Res Space Textures to the cutscene and maybe the Von Braun model by Enos Shenk to the point of the explosion. (Just very small in the background, instead of an explosion out of nowhere)
---
Also, I made this poor ending screen, in which I tried to match the colour lettering but didn't quite get it right.

[infinite.jpg expired]

66472e4e88b22This_is_Xerxes

66472e4e88b75
The music you used for the Neutral Ending sounds fairly familiar, but I can't recall what film it's from. It has to be one with space monsters and self-destruct sequences, so I guess... Alien? Event Horizon? Jason X?  :D

The updated cutscenes are very well executed. I appreciate your devotion for this project. Of course, I acknowledge that this level of modification is made possible through the combined effort of every modder in the community.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Trioptimum executive Edward ____ (Fill in the last name):
1 Guest is here.
city squalls not city walls? Wat r squalls ??
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66472e4e88ca4