6633aeb3831b0

6633aeb38379c
3 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 System Shock Infinite 2.4
Page: « 1 ... 9 [10] 11 ... 37 »
Read 186030 times  

Re: System Shock Infinite
6633aeb383e7a
unn_atropos: thanks! Do you think this Von Braun model can be converted to the format used by the game? I could use it in the remake of the True Ending.

This_is_Xerxes: that's a Star Trek: TNG theme. The self-destruction cutscene itself is titled "Arrivederci Von Braun". XD
6633aeb383fc0
In the weekend, I will update the patch with both updated endings and an overhaul of npc animations.

6633aeb384088Primitive Primate

6633aeb3840d5
Play it again Sam!
6633aeb384355
Play it again Sam!

It's nice to see the static Maries moving around, sitting down or kicking replicators. But the effect is particularly good on the talking Maries, which appear much less robotic. Also, we used to have "ghosts" of Goggles and Maries around the old rigs... now it's almost always a Goggles dying some grisly death (there's lots of unused animations in the game resources).
6633aeb38450e
I'm looking for testers, to check the animations overhaul from upcoming Patch 1.7! :thumb:

This update changes the way most of the Maries talk and move around. They sit down, take a stroll, kick replicators... before disappearing as usual. Some others, like the Goggleses at the old rig locations, instead fight and die in a variety of ways. In a nutshell, things look a bit different now.

Beta download: https://www.mediafire.com/?3cs426m3602s7fr
« Last Edit: 01. June 2014, 15:26:43 by xdiesp »

6633aeb384605Ketsuban

6633aeb384663
I'm having a problem with SSI... When playing on a GOG installation modded with the recommended mods installing in the right order, Goggles has the shakes and won't pick up any weapons other than the wrench. :(
6633aeb3848ec
I'm having a problem with SSI... When playing on a GOG installation modded with the recommended mods installing in the right order, Goggles has the shakes and won't pick up any weapons other than the wrench. :(

That is actually part of the mod (a tutorial about itemization), but we can easily fix it to be less obscure. Apply this patch and restart the game. :) I may very well keep this change for patch 1.7.

edit: Updated with new icons. I've also thrown in the updated intro map from 1.7 as a little extra.
« Last Edit: 01. June 2014, 22:40:51 by xdiesp »
Acknowledged by: Ketsuban

6633aeb3849a9Primitive Primate

6633aeb3849f7
I see you fixed the window path next to the turret in Med/Sci :D
6633aeb384c2f
I see you fixed the window path next to the turret in Med/Sci :D

Please, would you try your mad ninja skills with this updated version of the fix (check the attachment)? Supposedly, in this one the player doesn't get through but shots do. I just cannot perform this weird jump. BTW I'm almost done with the animations overhaul... :P
« Last Edit: 04. June 2014, 20:15:38 by xdiesp »

6633aeb384eb4Primitive Primate

6633aeb384f1d
Please, would you try your mad ninja skills with this updated version of the fix (check the attachment)? Supposedly, in this one the player doesn't get through but shots do. I just cannot perform this weird jump. BTW I'm almost done with the animations overhaul... :P
I just did, boyo. I can no longer mantle through it as I could before. Now the remaining glass in the frame is solid and blocks me. Didn't test with bullets however since I stood face to censor with the turret and destroyed it.
6633aeb3850b1
It turns out that music doesn't really "stop", when you play a movie: it's still there, you can hear it again if you quicksave and reload (or change levels through a bulkhead). I was hoping to fix the problem by stopping the music and restarting it, after playing the movie: but it doesn't matter, the music loop would change when you still can't hear it.

6633aeb38515aPrimitive Primate

6633aeb3851ac
Speaking of movies. Everytime I save a memory the screen goes blank for 0.5 seconds instead of playing the memory movies.
6633aeb385447
Speaking of movies. Everytime I save a memory the screen goes blank for 0.5 seconds instead of playing the memory movies.

That's heavy, so you can never see memory movies? How about the other movies, like the "14 years ago" one, or the long one after destroying Shodan in the intro, or the short "tunnel" one when you enter a tear?

The movies stop if you press any button when they play, but that can't be it. Do the movies play, if you run them from the \Cutscenes folder?

6633aeb38550cPrimitive Primate

6633aeb38555a
I can see "14 years" and the destruction of SHODAN. I went through my first tear yesterday and the same thing happen as with the memory movies; nothing.

Yes, I can view them in VLC just fine. I'm pretty sure I didn't click anything during the movies in-game.
6633aeb385da6
Something I'd like some community help on figuring out:

While watching the cutscene bits from Goggles's perspective I"ve noticed the hud is still there Any way to make it go away otther than changing level properties to include a tripwire to make the hud do like it does on EArth so whoever's recording can still use weapons and stuff?

Related: Any way to make an ammoless/infinite ammo projectile weapon?
Any way to make it so items get destroyed on pickup but still make the appropriate sound? (ie eating/drinking/bullets?)
That infinite ammo/ammoless gun? Any way to make it make the reloading noise?

Figure these might come in handy for rejiggring cutscenes for that final bit of polish.
6633aeb386076
Primitive Primate: damn, I will have to try some tests to see what's wrong with those movies. Could it be some codec incompatibility? Anyway, the first memory was "tee_transmission.avi". Update: the attachment below is a demo with all movies (the first memory is #2). I noticed that sometimes, the mere unpressing of the right mouse button is enough for the game to interrupt the movie that's just begun playing. Maybe if I set the movie to play a second after the old rig has been hacked, there won't be mishaps.

Hikari: you can enable the interface by making a button, which switchlinks to a trap with "changeinterface" in the Scripts section. You can disable it ("Earth mode") by having another button switchlink to an inverter, which in turn switchlinks to that same trap. If you disable the interface while you are holding a weapon, the weapon stays on screen but you can't use it. To have an item disappear just after you pick it up, add to its Scripts section "basebutton" and make it switchlink to a Destroy Trap, which switchlinks back to the item. There are movies I would like to remake still, but it's more like a matter of adding scenes to them than removing the HUD: I think it helps giving the idea you are in first person view.
« Last Edit: 03. June 2014, 19:22:14 by xdiesp »

6633aeb386178Primitive Primate

6633aeb3861ce
You can try that. The movie usually starts playing DIRECTLY after hacking free a memory so it wouldn't surprise me if the game by mistake "sense" a click.
6633aeb38658c
Version 1.7 is ready! :thumb: It was supposed to be no more than a movie pack, but ended up way bigger. All npc animations have undergone a huge makeover: there are literally hundreds of new actions, performed by the Maries and Goggles you meet through the levels. In December, Marie just existed as audio logs: now she stars in her own cutscenes.

But there's more than just the fanfiction: the latest patches have implemented several changes into the gameplay. The Body of the Many plays different now, with new puzzle sequences that won't have you screaming murder after platforming sections. PSI is in a world of its own now, and can complement even the most unbalanced of builds. Stricter requirements for the best endings tell what the real difficulty level of the mod is supposed to be. And the achievement runs (to get the Prequel and Twist endings) teach about bending the new RPG rules in unexpected ways.

Since recent patches had been skyrocketing in size, this v1.7 is going to become a new main file. The following patches will have to be added on top of it. Tomorrow I will update the 6 Hours mutator to v.17 as well. At last I have no more excuses, not to be remaking the True Ending movie. :D

Version 1.7 features

- Fully reanimated npcs: Goggles and Marie perform a variety of new tasks.
- Updated levels: "14 Years Ago", "Body of the Many" and "True Ending".
- Marie: Distract Target and Marie: Attack Target now patrol the area.
- Newly remade Neutral Ending and Bad Ending videos.
- Added new events to Deck 5 and the old rigs.
- The recycler now supports more items.
- More bugfixes!

Download:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/system-shock-infinite/downloads/system-shock-infinite-17
https://www.mediafire.com/?432385vads644dp

« Last Edit: 05. June 2014, 08:17:05 by xdiesp »

6633aeb38663aPrimitive Primate

6633aeb386691
Suh-weet! But is the movie issues fixed? :o
6633aeb3869ae
Suh-weet! But is the movie issues fixed? :o

I've implemented the delay we talked about, but we'll have to see if it works on your machine too.

6633aeb386a4aPrimitive Primate

6633aeb386a98
I'll notify you in the morning after I've gotten myself some shut-eye.

6633aeb386d4bKetsuban

6633aeb386db5
That is actually part of the mod (a tutorial about itemization), but we can easily fix it to be less obscure. Apply this patch and restart the game. :) I may very well keep this change for patch 1.7.

edit: Updated with new icons. I've also thrown in the updated intro map from 1.7 as a little extra.

Problem is, he won't pick up any items either... not even the keycard that I need to get through the second room! *downloads patch*
6633aeb387137
Problem is, he won't pick up any items either... not even the keycard that I need to get through the second room! *downloads patch*

Never heard of this bug before, sorry about that! Please, try downloading the latest version of the mod and see if it persists (a big update has just been released). Try binding both a mouse and a keyboard button to "Use\Pickup", it might help.

Download link:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/system-shock-infinite/downloads/system-shock-infinite-17
https://www.mediafire.com/?432385vads644dp
« Last Edit: 05. June 2014, 08:14:53 by xdiesp »

6633aeb3872cdisaacspace

6633aeb38731d
Hey xdiesp, I just want to say I really enjoy your mod so far, and a great effort has been put in to it from what I've seen, new cutscenes, new collectibles and some changes in gameplay Well done  :thumb:
I haven't got that far yet only on Operations deck cause I'm fairly newbie at System shock 2 in general and find it extremely difficult compared to current gen games. But there are imo flaws that has been previously mentioned in this mod one that I'm particularly worried about for later in the game which is the weapon types for certain enemies e.g. Midwifes or assassins can only be killed by Heavy weapons, hybrids can only be killed by normal weapons etc.

I think this isn't a good implementation I understand that you're trying to differentiate from the main game a bit but I think the other implementations are already well done and there's no need to have this weapon mechanic. If possible you could change this via patch maybe? would be nice. Other than that I enjoy the story so far, with the new psi abilities and changes to the missions with the logs and Marie telling the story.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic ____ of meat and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
3 Guests are here.
Captain, the planet is on scan now...
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6633aeb38749a