6647d781ba462
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 System Shock Infinite 2.4
Page: « 1 ... 12 [13] 14 ... 37 »
Read 187057 times  

6647d781babd6This_is_Xerxes

Re: System Shock Infinite
6647d781bac48
I think that Diego plays his part wonderfully and there is no need to "save" him: he goes to Hell and back and redeems himself with his dying breath. He does not become like his father (Edward Diego from SS1) but it is instead Korenchkin who fulfills the power-hungry role and maybe corrupts/manipulates the Many with all the flaws of his personality being incorporated. The Many could perhaps develop a schizophrenic condition, the biomass inviting Goggles and Korenchkin taunting him. By lobotomizing the Many/killing Korenchkin in mid-late game, Goggles "silences the discord" that we hear from the Hybrids and may proceed to be assimilated.
6647d781bae52
Hikari: I'll think of something so that Diego's fate will make more sense. By the way, I had forgetten about this: when you enter the tear of the Rickenbacker, Marie tells you that in this timeline, Diego saw the memory of his father deep within the Many and this awakened him. Real Diego is the living leader of the resistance on the Rickenbacker. That is why the evil Diego hybrid (who pops up after the tear event only) is marked "alternate". Maybe we could have Korenchkin's quest on the Rickenbacker to be "a tale of two captains": assassinate the good or bad one.

Update
I should be able to go back to work on the mod within a couple of days: I'll be switching to a new machine too, so fingers crossed that everything ports fine! I have to admit that I couldn't bring myself to write any dialogues, at the hospital: it's a job that requires its own habitat.
6647d781baf81
Unfinished fanart I was sent.
Acknowledged by 2 members: Kolya, Hikari

6647d781bb064Primitive Primate

6647d781bb177Merinid

6647d781bb1cb
Wonderful mod! Definitely looks fantastic!
p.s. Marie Delacroix sounds more scottish than french though :P
6647d781bb3c1
That is some fairly sweet looking fan art. Would put it as my desktop if it was finished.
6647d781bb542
Needs more lensflare. ;)
Acknowledged by: Primitive Primate
6647d781bb6ce
Let me tell you, it's been a difficult month.  :/ Back to work: I'm open to suggestions, about any clue and dialogue you might have about "Anatoly Korenchkin, herald of the Many". I consider him like some cross between Kain and Andrew Ryan. Or Dracula and Woytila, which incidentally is how we used to describe our Latin literature teacher.

Here's the first screenshots of the True Ending Remake. The alcoholic in the middle is un-cyborg Goggles! Later resting at home.
« Last Edit: 30. June 2014, 10:31:55 by xdiesp »

6647d781bb7c5Primitive Primate

6647d781bb819
What a night
6647d781bb960
Right after the dialogue between Goggles and Shodan, you can finally see the dreaded collapse of Cyberspace. Marie can't stop talking about that one, lol. Thankfully, this time it only destroys the Rickenbacker.

6647d781bbaddvoodoo47

6647d781bbb30
those explosion really need some additive blending.
6647d781bbc1c
Is it a setting in the cam ini files?

edit: Found!
« Last Edit: 30. June 2014, 16:21:57 by xdiesp »

6647d781bbcb2voodoo47

6647d781bbd03
it's Shocked, or dml.
6647d781bbe3a
Thanks, it got lost in translation at some point... performing a quick install made the explosions look better.

edit
Goggles goes on a psychedelic trip as he tumbles through the maelstrom of Entropy.
Goggles is saved by Sarah, the FTL Drive core process.
Panoramic view of Goggles' home on Earth.
« Last Edit: 03. July 2014, 10:32:56 by xdiesp »
Acknowledged by: Primitive Primate
6647d781bbf8a
Very cool screenshots, both of them. But that white void especially. Reminds me of that scene in THX 1138.

[thx1138.jpg expired]
6647d781bc137
Kolya: ehe it's somewhere in between the Matrix and heaven, Sarah is barely sentient but almost divine in power. But it's just a fleeting realization before she disappears, I never really liked the idea of adding a new foe. I'm having problems writing the new logs by Korenchkin for this reason, they have to be both different and unindependent.

Reminds me of one who asked if this was "canon according to me"... it's just fiction. The following screens show the early days of the Von Braun's mission, when a mysterious deep space transmission is detected by dr. Polito. BTW I haven't fallen to screenshot fever, I actually need these to complete the video. :P
6647d781bc2c6
Now it's a bit more evident, that these screens are tools for the voiceactors. In this new batch, Goggles hacks his way to Shodan and speaks. Then he enters a Windows blue screen.
6647d781bc4a9
The following screens show the situation on the two ships, before and after the "alternate first contact" explained in this ending.

I wouldn't dislike a prequel to Infinite about this timeline, all about the flesh and blood Marie organizing the resistance against SHODAN (with no Many at all).  XD
6647d781bc65c
My favorite scene in the script: :thumb:

Goggles: "She turned, spiriting us back to the present-day Von Braun. The derelict stardrive section of the Rickenbacker wandered adrift."
6647d781bc7a4
Have I mentioned you have made a thing I wish I could go back in time and make the actual game?
6647d781bcc2e
Have I mentioned you have made a thing I wish I could go back in time and make the actual game?

Remember the script? This is your ending! :D It's funny, it started with splicing apart the "Good" and "Bad" segments of the vanilla ending and now we're telling about imaginary sequels and forgotten prequels.

Imho the project's strength and weakness, is being stuck in the '90s. Part of it is old school impenetrable, elsewhere something is played like new but isn't so anymore. In the '90s, however, the mod couldn't have been like this: in its current form, it's a tribute to nostalgia. The time loop mimics your 15 years of playthroughs, waiting for System Shock 3... playing with and without mods, using all kinds of builds over and over. :D

Shown: the FTL Hyperspeed Drive; Sarah's playground.
6647d781bce0e
The other day I forgot to add the full 2001-inspired sequence, where...

Goggles: "Time ceased to exist. Around me, the timelines spun and unwound in the maelstrom of entropy."

And falls through a montage of the past episodes. But it's also a good portrayal of someone disliking the mod. ;)

6647d781bcf44Ultrasteeloid

6647d781bcf9c
I'm not sure if this is a but or not but I thought I would mention it anyways.
here it is: you can get stuck in the first part of the game if you use the charging station (one use only)
before grabbing the power cell.

PS:I'm sorry if someone already posted about this, I just didn't feel like looking through 13 pages of posts. 

6647d781bd066Ultrasteeloid

6647d781bd0bc
Sorry! I meant to say: (I'm not sure if this is a bug or not).

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a perfect, _____ machine? (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
Whattaya mean?! You've seen one crowded, polluted, stinking town
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6647d781bd1e4