6647258fdc5bf
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 System Shock Infinite 2.4
Page: « 1 ... 35 [36] 37 »
Read 186909 times  

6647258fdce1ciwantss3

6647258fdce8a
Hi guys!

I love the game and love the mod, but I have the same problem as Dark Archon. After applying the vial in the storegeroom korenchin starts speaking and after he finishes it the game crashes. I tried to run into the tear in the next room, it loaded fine, but when I went back to the reality game crashed :(

What shall I do?

Thank you!

forgot to say I have 2.44 version

6647258fdd06evoodoo47

6647258fdd0cd
get your shock2.log and crash.dmp, zip them up and upload somewhere, and post the link.
6647258fdd24e
iwantss3: see if you can reload a savegame, from before you entered the Body of the Many. If you don't have one, you may skip that part of the level and just continue forward. If that's not acceptable, send me your savegame (current or immediately previous).

If I remember correctly, Dark Archon used to have a crash in the Brain area.

6647258fdd353iwantss3

6647258fdd3a4
Hi!

Unfortunately I have saved 2 hours before entering the many :(
Here is the savegame, where you have to put the vial in the regulator and after the korenchin dialog, you got the crash.
I have attached also shock2.log

Thanx!

[save_10.zip expired]
[Shock2.log expired]

6647258fdd447voodoo47

6647258fdd4cc
your own crash.dmp would be nice as well.

6647258fdd58biwantss3

6647258fdd78d
iwantss3: thanks! I loaded the savegame and first the air regulator played the wrong audio file, then crashed. You might be using a slightly outdated version of the mod, before the recent swap of audio files (and latest round of fixes). Try this and save on different slots, in case the bug reappears:

1) Keep playing with your current version: destroy the cysts blocking the door with this fix, and move to the tear (or further in the level) without using the air regulator.

2) Apply the latest patch 2.41: then proceed with this save, made right before the Body.
[Save before Many.7z expired]
[Laser vs Cyst.7z expired]
6647258fdd904
I got an idea for a spin-off, slash "recut" version of the project. Still working on the details, but the basis is quite experimental. We would definitely have to leave some movies & stories behind, but the switch of focus in the gameplay department alone would be worth a try.

I'll check in with the usual suspects for opinions (not that we would have to record anything). Still, time is a tyrant and presently I can't afford the spare-no-expense approach. So far the project is codenamed Cat o' Nine Tails.
[crew.jpg expired]

6647258fdd99bcallum13117

6647258fdd9e8
Sounds cool! I enjoyed Infinite, so might be worth a play.
6647258fddf4d
Sounds cool! I enjoyed Infinite, so might be worth a play.

We've been spending a lot of time defining the basics, on the design document! As soon as everything's crystal clear on this side, I'll open a topic in Recreation, or WIP Mods to gather ideas and helpers.

Infinite's premise worked as a container, which enables all kinds of stories to be set "in the infinite reboots" of the Von Braun. By the final version of the mod, the glass was overflowing with alternate scenarios and endings. With this new idea, not only we'd look into threading new ground in gameplay but also keep a low profile in "storytelling".
Acknowledged by: callum13117

6647258fde158icemann

6647258fde1bd
If your up for a challenge - To take a page from a competition we attempted here a few years ago. Try turning the training bits into playable levels.

By training I'm referring to the bits at the start of the game where you select which training you want to do, which in turn results in you receiving stat bonuses.

Your the sort of person that I know could accomplish it, given the great work you did on the existing version of this mod.
6647258fdf905
turning the training bits into playable levels

Believe it or not, that's one of the major points of inspiration here: but time constraints have me focus on the effects of training, rather than the task.

Imagine that the classes outputed from training, were characters. Your mixture of "Navy, Standard Weapons, Maintain, Repair" is actually Engineer Curtiz: he has his own starting location, dedicated dialogue, actions only he can perform. He is his own training, he can't grow up the same way a cyborg does: he needs to team up with others with different training.
Acknowledged by: callum13117
6647258fdfa8b
Hi, i have a question, i'm really bad for modding some game but i really love this game and this mod. But i'm french and my english is not really good and i don't understand all the new dialogues.
I just wanna know if there is subtitle with this mod ?
And where i can found the file for translate it if nobody do it.
Thank
6647258fdfbdc
Preface: I know this mod is designed for singleplayer.

A friend and I tried doing multiplayer of this mod. We got it hosted, both did the intro fight, got to the ship, but the game never left hybrid singleplayer mode.
I read earlier in the thread that apparently a bunch of patches ago people tried multiplayer on this and they were able to show up on the ship, so i guess this is sort of a regression of an unsupported feature?
6647258fdffa1
I read earlier in the thread that apparently a bunch of patches ago people tried multiplayer on this and they were able to show up on the ship, so i guess this is sort of a regression of an unsupported feature?

I'm afraid so, the scripts would only work for the server side. We were able to have another player tagging along, but only for a short while and pretty buggy.  :headshot:

If you have a friend crazy enough to try, ask them to play a parallel game to yours: if you keep in contact, you can get each other out of dead ends.

6647258fe0085Unknown

6647258fe00d4
I was a partner of the original multiplayer tester, and yes, for a lucky chance, we both managed to get on the ship, however after few accident, a rehost of the game failed to link us both, in so the mod was not feasible for multiplayer, or the system that is. We soon gave up due to other task and never took the time to help.

6647258fe0175johnretroreload

6647258fe01c7
That is a shame, I was hoping for a co-op playthrough like the half-life ports on console
6647258fe0301
I was notified that after updating a GOG installation with SS2 Tool, the mod's inner SIM menu (aka where you save manually, during a game in progress) looked scrambled. I fixed that and will be reuploading the file to Moddb.

And if I don't fall off face of the earth again, soon I'll present a shiny new toy I'm making for another mod.
6647258fe056a
In the mod, the main menu has the animated Triop logo, while the SIM menu has not.
Now the animation appears in the SIM menu as well, so I included an edited SIMM.STR file from \patch_ext\.
Acknowledged by: voodoo47

6647258fe0641Yerltvachovicic

6647258fe0690
Just wanted to thank you xdiesp for this awesome mod.
I used to play SS2 every 1-2 years for the feeling of good old times and SS2 Infinite just made it better!
6647258fe07b8
Thanks Yerltvachovicic, giving old players a way to replay the game (with a few surprises mixed in) is all I can ask for.

I'm working on something new, which hopefully can do the same. It has to reflect the fact that Infinite was made in a positive time, when I truly expected a remake of SS1-2, or a sequel to pop out at any moment. While now we live in deep space.
6647258fe0939
If you are willing to for go with me and some other tester for multiplayer fix, i would gladly pitch in, however due to the in-activity in the forum, i can only hope this message can get across to you, just drop down your decision and i will contact you shortly. :3
6647258fe0a68
Thank you for your help. As of now, I'm still coding the new project and it will be some time until there will be available betas.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

The deck number where you shall meet Dr. Janice Polito:
1 Guest is here.
Lights go out, walls come tumbling down
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
6647258fe0bdd