664709bce79d9
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 System Shock Infinite 2.4
Page: « 1 ... 35 [36] 37 »
Read 186867 times  

664709bce82cfiwantss3

664709bce8332
Hi guys!

I love the game and love the mod, but I have the same problem as Dark Archon. After applying the vial in the storegeroom korenchin starts speaking and after he finishes it the game crashes. I tried to run into the tear in the next room, it loaded fine, but when I went back to the reality game crashed :(

What shall I do?

Thank you!

forgot to say I have 2.44 version

664709bce84afvoodoo47

664709bce8505
get your shock2.log and crash.dmp, zip them up and upload somewhere, and post the link.
664709bce864c
iwantss3: see if you can reload a savegame, from before you entered the Body of the Many. If you don't have one, you may skip that part of the level and just continue forward. If that's not acceptable, send me your savegame (current or immediately previous).

If I remember correctly, Dark Archon used to have a crash in the Brain area.

664709bce8750iwantss3

664709bce87a9
Hi!

Unfortunately I have saved 2 hours before entering the many :(
Here is the savegame, where you have to put the vial in the regulator and after the korenchin dialog, you got the crash.
I have attached also shock2.log

Thanx!

[save_10.zip expired]
[Shock2.log expired]

664709bce8860voodoo47

664709bce88af
your own crash.dmp would be nice as well.

664709bce8955iwantss3

664709bce8b34
iwantss3: thanks! I loaded the savegame and first the air regulator played the wrong audio file, then crashed. You might be using a slightly outdated version of the mod, before the recent swap of audio files (and latest round of fixes). Try this and save on different slots, in case the bug reappears:

1) Keep playing with your current version: destroy the cysts blocking the door with this fix, and move to the tear (or further in the level) without using the air regulator.

2) Apply the latest patch 2.41: then proceed with this save, made right before the Body.
[Save before Many.7z expired]
[Laser vs Cyst.7z expired]
664709bce8c6a
I got an idea for a spin-off, slash "recut" version of the project. Still working on the details, but the basis is quite experimental. We would definitely have to leave some movies & stories behind, but the switch of focus in the gameplay department alone would be worth a try.

I'll check in with the usual suspects for opinions (not that we would have to record anything). Still, time is a tyrant and presently I can't afford the spare-no-expense approach. So far the project is codenamed Cat o' Nine Tails.
[crew.jpg expired]

664709bce8cf5callum13117

664709bce8d40
Sounds cool! I enjoyed Infinite, so might be worth a play.
664709bce909c
Sounds cool! I enjoyed Infinite, so might be worth a play.

We've been spending a lot of time defining the basics, on the design document! As soon as everything's crystal clear on this side, I'll open a topic in Recreation, or WIP Mods to gather ideas and helpers.

Infinite's premise worked as a container, which enables all kinds of stories to be set "in the infinite reboots" of the Von Braun. By the final version of the mod, the glass was overflowing with alternate scenarios and endings. With this new idea, not only we'd look into threading new ground in gameplay but also keep a low profile in "storytelling".
Acknowledged by: callum13117

664709bce9206icemann

664709bce9257
If your up for a challenge - To take a page from a competition we attempted here a few years ago. Try turning the training bits into playable levels.

By training I'm referring to the bits at the start of the game where you select which training you want to do, which in turn results in you receiving stat bonuses.

Your the sort of person that I know could accomplish it, given the great work you did on the existing version of this mod.
664709bce953b
turning the training bits into playable levels

Believe it or not, that's one of the major points of inspiration here: but time constraints have me focus on the effects of training, rather than the task.

Imagine that the classes outputed from training, were characters. Your mixture of "Navy, Standard Weapons, Maintain, Repair" is actually Engineer Curtiz: he has his own starting location, dedicated dialogue, actions only he can perform. He is his own training, he can't grow up the same way a cyborg does: he needs to team up with others with different training.
Acknowledged by: callum13117
664709bce964b
Hi, i have a question, i'm really bad for modding some game but i really love this game and this mod. But i'm french and my english is not really good and i don't understand all the new dialogues.
I just wanna know if there is subtitle with this mod ?
And where i can found the file for translate it if nobody do it.
Thank
664709bce9765
Preface: I know this mod is designed for singleplayer.

A friend and I tried doing multiplayer of this mod. We got it hosted, both did the intro fight, got to the ship, but the game never left hybrid singleplayer mode.
I read earlier in the thread that apparently a bunch of patches ago people tried multiplayer on this and they were able to show up on the ship, so i guess this is sort of a regression of an unsupported feature?
664709bce9a1c
I read earlier in the thread that apparently a bunch of patches ago people tried multiplayer on this and they were able to show up on the ship, so i guess this is sort of a regression of an unsupported feature?

I'm afraid so, the scripts would only work for the server side. We were able to have another player tagging along, but only for a short while and pretty buggy.  :headshot:

If you have a friend crazy enough to try, ask them to play a parallel game to yours: if you keep in contact, you can get each other out of dead ends.

664709bce9addUnknown

664709bce9b29
I was a partner of the original multiplayer tester, and yes, for a lucky chance, we both managed to get on the ship, however after few accident, a rehost of the game failed to link us both, in so the mod was not feasible for multiplayer, or the system that is. We soon gave up due to other task and never took the time to help.

664709bce9bb9johnretroreload

664709bce9c05
That is a shame, I was hoping for a co-op playthrough like the half-life ports on console
664709bce9d11
I was notified that after updating a GOG installation with SS2 Tool, the mod's inner SIM menu (aka where you save manually, during a game in progress) looked scrambled. I fixed that and will be reuploading the file to Moddb.

And if I don't fall off face of the earth again, soon I'll present a shiny new toy I'm making for another mod.
664709bce9ed8
In the mod, the main menu has the animated Triop logo, while the SIM menu has not.
Now the animation appears in the SIM menu as well, so I included an edited SIMM.STR file from \patch_ext\.
Acknowledged by: voodoo47

664709bce9f7fYerltvachovicic

664709bce9fde
Just wanted to thank you xdiesp for this awesome mod.
I used to play SS2 every 1-2 years for the feeling of good old times and SS2 Infinite just made it better!
664709bcea134
Thanks Yerltvachovicic, giving old players a way to replay the game (with a few surprises mixed in) is all I can ask for.

I'm working on something new, which hopefully can do the same. It has to reflect the fact that Infinite was made in a positive time, when I truly expected a remake of SS1-2, or a sequel to pop out at any moment. While now we live in deep space.
664709bcea23e
If you are willing to for go with me and some other tester for multiplayer fix, i would gladly pitch in, however due to the in-activity in the forum, i can only hope this message can get across to you, just drop down your decision and i will contact you shortly. :3
664709bcea32b
Thank you for your help. As of now, I'm still coding the new project and it will be some time until there will be available betas.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

How can you challenge a perfect, immortal ____? (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
negativity is what's for breakfast!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664709bcea462