664ada7c08d6f

664ada7c091d4
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Crion CMJ Read 51406 times  

664ada7c09976
Tags: °gamesys °SS2

You can gather CyberModules from the Many but upgrades cost a lot more. (as discussed on ttlg)
This adds some more roleplaying character to the game.
The mod was also known as Crion's gamesys or Crion's shock2.gam and was part of the Gamesys_Archive_v1.1.
« Last Edit: 05. July 2014, 20:30:23 by Kolya »

664ada7c09a89Primitive Primeape

664ada7c09ae4
First off, I'd like to apologize for waking up a thread that has been asleep for nearly 9 freaking years.
Second. while I really enjoy this little mod I'd love to see the old values for each upgrade back.
Could someone kind enough do this for me?

EDIT: On second thought... The new values for the upgrades should be left as they are now, otherwise it would become waaaaaaay to easy.
« Last Edit: 26. May 2014, 11:03:21 by Primitive Primeape »
664ada7c09bf1
The answer would have been "Use Shocked" anyway. It shouldn't be too hard to load an original gamesys and compare the costs.

664ada7c09cc6remyabel

664ada7c09d12
I know this is just for fun but it's pretty unbalanced. I haven't tried it at higher difficulties but on normal you can essentially buy all the upgrades you want. If you ignore that, he also modified the loot drops to be an absurd amount. For example, you can get like 40 annelid healing glands on hydroponics alone. If someone ever modifies this, it would be interesting to see a Zygo Arena approach where you get CM's based on kills rather than looting.
664ada7c09eaf
I've played a bit with this mod on Hard and Impossible, and they make the early game too hard, because you can't upgrade your statistics right away with the modules given thanks to the high module costs, you have to get them from enemies. Thing is, on Hard and especially Impossible, the Pipe Hybrids which frequently occur in the Medical/Science deck often rarely drop them on those difficulties, with them mostly not giving anything on Impossible. The drop rate is better for other enemies in the area, like the Shotgun Hybrids, monkeys and turrets, but it still doesn't make up for the initial module deficiency you have, unless you keep farming Pipe and Shotgun Hybrids, either by roaming around or by setting off alarms(monkeys don't seem to drop modules).

So I propose that for Impossible difficulty, Pipe Hybrids should always drop 3 modules, regardless of the rest of the loot. For Shotgun Hybirds, I would say they should either drop 2 modules or 1 module all the time, regardless of the rest.

How do I implement these changes and distribute it as an addon to this mod?

664ada7c0a1d3ThiefsieFool

664ada7c0a229
I assume what is making cyber modules drop less often is the Loot Hose difficulty parameter that defines how often loot on corpses is prevented from spawning, it's 30% on Hard and 70% on Impossible by default. You can change that parameter but it would alter the difficulty too much if you did, you should go around this by adding some modules loot that always appears with the AI->Guaranteed Loot property. Some AIs already have that field filled in with something though (broken shotgun for the shotgun hybrids) so using this custom script might be a better solution http://thiefmissions.com/scripts/NVScript.html#NVGuaranteedLoot
664ada7c0a334
Ok, I did get pipe hybrids to consistently drop 2 cybermodules on Impossible after editing the gamesys. However, after loading the edited gamesys, all the weapon and some miscellaneous sound effects aren't working anymore. How to fix this?

664ada7c0a470voodoo47

664ada7c0a4bf
you have edited the gamesys without having an actual map loaded. don't do this, as it will break stuff. reload the original gamesys and reapply the changes with a map loaded, and everything will be fine.
664ada7c0a5f6
I made a dml that adds 2 guaranteed cybermodules for pipe hybrids to allow Hard and Impossible players to still gain some cybermodules inspite of the loot loss. Also changed 2 loot items into an implant that wasn't used in the final game(but it works and isn't overpowered) and a game cart. Just drop it into the mod folder.

664ada7c0a70cZylonBane

664ada7c0a759
So all the player has to do is set off an alarm and farm unlimited cybermodules?
664ada7c0a84d
Heh yeah that is a viable strategy in this mod actually. Although the module  costs are through the roof, so on higher difficulties it can get really tedious to get the modules you need.

664ada7c0a931voodoo47

664ada7c0a98a
and what's up with the unused implant and the game cartridge? does nothing in the current configuration.
Code: [Select]
DML1

//Add guaranteed cybermodule drop to pipe hybrids so that the mod becomes somewhat viable on Hard and Impossible.

+ObjProp -397 "RGuarLoot"
{
    "" Small BP Pile
}

+ObjProp -397 "LootInfo"
{
    "2 - Item" RunFast
    "5 - Item" Golf Cart
}

664ada7c0aa88
You mean the RunFast  implant and game catridge aren't being dropped for you? They were dropping for me here.

664ada7c0ab12voodoo47

664ada7c0ab66
I wanted to say that runfast implant does nothing, afaik.

664ada7c0ac0dYankee Clipper

664ada7c0ac5a
It works. You run faster. Like a bump in agility but without the other benefits from an increase in agility.
Acknowledged by: voodoo47
664ada7c0ad4a
It's more like a speed booster converted into an implant if I were to describe it. It's fun for running around levels, but not particularly useful and also very risky. To use it, you need to hold down the run button while moving.
664ada7c0ae38
The runfast implant needs its bonus slashed in half to be playable, probably... I used to give one as part of the Many chain in Infinite, but it felt like a death sentence: even a short sprint can kill you, if you collide against objects. To make it viable you would have to greatly reduce or negate bashstim damage, the one governing fall & crush damage to the player (like being crushed by elevators).

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Look at you, ____: a pathetic creature of meat and bone!  (Fill in the missing word):
1 Guest is here.
Metric cycle count of 1535 deviates 9x from what we were expecting.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664ada7c0af35