663d12c0aa468

663d12c0aaac5
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 GamePig Unleashed
Page: « 1 [2]
Read 13734 times  

663d12c0ab189tiphares4

663d12c0ab2c6
i've tested them now via cheat and i have to agree, they are terrible - with one exception: that tempest clone ''hog wallow'' is awesome, although its a bit too easy - keep circling & shooting seems to do the trick, but i haven't played much far..

i wish at least that one would come on cartridge one day in future scp version or so..

[dump073.png expired]
[tempest1980.jpg expired]
« Last Edit: 14. July 2022, 16:37:42 by tiphares4 »

663d12c0ab71csarge945

663d12c0ab7ad
I believe the game carts already exist in the game files, it's probably not difficult to add them to the world via a minimod.

What locations did you have in mind? I believe there are already some duplicate carts in the world that could be replaced.

663d12c0ab8a5tiphares4

663d12c0ab8fc
i would maybe suggest make it findable in hydroponics first..?  maybe even instead of swinehunter or additionally at least. that swinehunter game is in my eyes terrible too, it should belong to those bunch of unused games as well instead of hog wallow™ / tempest.

my reasoning behind that is that its a relatively technical & cold game artstyle-wise (compared to that ineffable swinehunter), so hydroponics would fit well.      :)

663d12c0ab9b8sarge945

663d12c0aba1d
are you serious? Swinehunter is great

I think there's a duplicate gamepig in Engineering, actually, so could put it there. That also works with the more technical style.

663d12c0abb18tiphares4

663d12c0abb82
i'm very sure there are also other redundant gamepig™ cartridges on other decks as well. i would suggest to add more than 1 hog wallow game in, in case if players miss the first opportunity..

also i totally overlooked another gem: Super Pig Turbo CE Alpha™  (or ping) is also a great game!

it would be nice to add Super Pig Turbo CE Alpha™ or Ping / pong as well

663d12c0abc1esarge945

663d12c0abc6c
So your solution for duplicate carts is to add more duplicate carts?
663d12c0abf1a
In the early days of gaming, when video games were rare and expensive, and the concept of free and downloadable games would have been pure fantasy, then a game within a game was potentially great. There were a few 8 bit games that included mini games of varying quality, usually reskins of popular, older arcade games.

And if System Shock 2 had been an 8 bit game in the early 1980s, then more people would have made the effort to find, then maybe enjoy playing, these games. But even by 1999 (SS2's release date), you could download freeware games that were more fun than SS2's mini-games (at least the SS2 mini-games that I have played).

663d12c0ac06dtiphares4

663d12c0ac0bd
Overworld zero is a fun game imo, i've even managed to play it through for the first time 4 or 5 years ago..  but i've missed to take a screenshot as evidence.

@sarge945: in real life there would be a high chance of redundant gaming cartridges lying around on that big spaceship   :l   never saw it as a problem;
 but i even want to come up with some other suggestion: it would be neat if the more complex games would appear later in the game (like overworld zero & that golfing game, etc.), and the simpler ones would be the first one would find, it would add some additional layer of progression

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Who's your favourite artificial intelligence:
1 Guest is here.
You turn the page, you wash your hands.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663d12c0ac1e1