1 Guest is here.

Re: System Shock mouselook/key mapping/high resolution mod
664aec0c06302
Tried SSP at 1024x768 without this mod?

664aec0c06408DosFreak

664aec0c06460
Change output= to a different value

If that doesn't work then you'll need to set the sdl_videodriver=windib variable before starting DOSBox.

This isn't a DOSBox issue but rather an issue with 8bit color programs being run on Vista/7. Next release of DOSBox won't have this issue.

664aec0c06540Beckett

664aec0c06594
I was able to get the original version working with ss-portable with no problems a few days ago (by simply putting the files in the RES directory and then running xcdshock.exe).  But when I try to do the same thing with the newest version, I get the following error:

Stub exec failed: \dos4gw.exe  No such file or directory

664aec0c0666bBeckett

How do I reverse the mouse axis? (invert the mouse)
664aec0c066bb
Nevermind.  I was able to find a version of dos4gw online, and that solved the problem.

I'm completely stumped on how to reverse the mouse axis, however.  I've tried almost every option in the .CFG file.

664aec0c067e1Beckett

664aec0c06838
Ah found it.  I just had to change the mlook_vsens to a negative number.

OK, I'm done posting stupid questions now.

I've been waiting years for someone to implement mouse-look in this game, so THANK YOU for this great mod!

Just in case it's helpful to anyone else... I found that setting the  hmousemul and vmousemul  settings both to 0 (zero), adjusted my cursor speed to exactly where I wanted it without messing up my mouselook speed.

664aec0c06994Zanderat

664aec0c069e8
Thanks.  Changing output to ddraw fixed my "groovy" colors....

My only issue is mouse speed.  Mouselook works perfectly, but the my cursor is too slow.......
664aec0c06b0c
 The 1024x768 mode doesn't seem to be working for me, I can tell by the size of the text, it's way too large.

At first I thought there was something wrong with the text itself, but then I was comparing it to 800x600 and realized that 1024x768 just isn't working correctly.

664aec0c06bedwinTer_hyborg

664aec0c06c3c
Thanks for the mod now I will finish the game for the second first time (I hate the last boss battle...)
And I would want a way to slow the mouselook a bit...
I also don't like the big text.
664aec0c06d46

664aec0c06e19Zanderat

664aec0c06e68
startprofile custom

set hmousemul 0
  set vmousemul 0

set mlook_hsens 400
  set mlook_vsens 40
Fixed my mouse issues...  It's all good now.
664aec0c07229
Thanks for the mod now I will finish the game for the second first time (I hate the last boss battle...)
And I would want a way to slow the mouselook a bit...
I also don't like the big text.

So I'm not the only one who is having an issue with the text. Is there any way to change it, or is it a resolution issue? It's really bugging me, and it's only present at 1024x768.

@winTer_hyborg,  To slow mouselook, change   

set mlook_hsens 400
 set mlook_vsens 40

to

set mlook_hsens 200
  set mlook_vsens 20

in the XCYB.config

664aec0c072f8chischis

664aec0c0734c
This is going to sound tremendously dense, but how do you actually change the resolution with this mod?  It is never explained in the readme. :(
664aec0c0743d
Esc Video -> VideoMode

664aec0c074fechischis

664aec0c07549
Ahhh thanks!  I never played through SS1 completely, and got very stuck somewhere an hour in.  I regret I've left it until now, but I feel lucky I can play through it properly for the first time in hi-res!  Thankyou Malba for this fantastic hacking feat.

664aec0c075d8Zanderat

664aec0c07624
Just checking in.  Any updates?

664aec0c07759Malba Tahan

Current mod status
664aec0c077a8
Sorry, there isn't any new update. I'm currently working on cyberspace mouselook. I already know
the variables to change, but i don't know HOW to update them yet. Realspace mouselook was easier
to do because it involved only adding/subtracting values from a variable. Cyberspace is different.
It's a true 3d movement, it involves matrix multiplication and maybe even quaternions - I have
never used them in my 3d projects. So, it will take some time, maybe two weeks or more. And I'm
not checking this forum everyday (real life business - work and college - you know...).

OK! Time to work! See you soon! bye!
664aec0c07886
All I gotta say is, awesome work, thanks!
664aec0c07998
Wow. Great mod.

Any possibility of mapping stand/crouch/crawl to the mouse wheel? It seems to me that would be perfect. Also, what about the ability to map mouse buttons as well?

Overall though, fantastic work. I've been waiting years for this. :)
664aec0c07ae6
I would love to try out this mod, but for some reason the .exe refuses to cooperate.  Every time I try to rename it, it claims that it is in "open in another program." I tried copy-pasting it onto my desktop to see if I could rename it there, but it didn't work. Not only that, but the application is STUCK on my desktop (I can't even send it to the Recycle Bin.)

I've tried restarting my computer and re-downloading the mod, but to no success. I don't know if there is something I'm doing wrong, but this is annoying in more ways than one.
664aec0c07be8
I managed to get the mod working by renaming the .exe BEFORE I extracted it. Works great after I fixed the sluggish mouse movements! I still don't know what to do about the application I have stuck on my desktop, though.

664aec0c07fb6Nameless Voice

664aec0c08011
I still don't know what to do about the application I have stuck on my desktop, though.

You could try the Unlocker utility.

664aec0c080b0Zanderat

664aec0c08101
How did you fix the slow mouse?
664aec0c081e5
Downloaded the new version, but now I need dos4gw.exe...
664aec0c082d2
Read a few posts up. I posted it there.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

An evil mega-corporation with 3 branches:
1 Guest is here.
Also: accidentally first SS1 level mod ever?
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
664aec0c083ec