66493420ee85b

66493420eed78
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 Straylight ADaOB v0.3.0
Page: « 1 ... 7 [8] 9 ... 35 »
Read 520636 times  

Re: SS2 Straylight ADaoB v0.3.0
66493420ef3cb
Please try loading an original keybinds-set from the game's options -> controls -> load -> default
66493420ef4cb
Is there a reason to reset keybinds?  Would that cause a crash?

Thanks,
Darren
66493420ef5a4
Keybinds can get corrupted. You can save your current set before resetting.
« Last Edit: 19. October 2009, 23:18:05 by Kolya »
66493420ef678
I will try the keybinds, but it doesn't happen all the time when I press 'u'.  When it does happen, the log does play - I also get a shower of bullet caps at the same time.
66493420ef79e
I think I know where the shower of bullet caps/casings is coming from.

I had hacked a turret.  When it fired, the shells that it fired was falling off of my body - even though I wasn't even in the same room.

Is it related to the crash?  I don't know.  But I reset the keybinds back to the default and my GUI left mouse stopped working again.
66493420ef8b2
Mmh, reverse to the saved set then. That turret problem sounds familiar. But I'm sure we had removed that. Have you made sure you're using the latest version of ADaoB?
Otherwise we'll have to take a look at that again.
66493420ef9e9
So I reverted to the defaults, and it still crashed.  Also there were a few times when a turret fired that it didn't spew casings off of my body.  It seems like the casings rain off of me more often when I have the GUI/HUD open.

I am pretty sure I used the latest ADoaB (I am at work and can't see my files, if I didn't use the latest I will let you guys know).

I reinstalled it again without ADoaB to see if it's ADoaB or something else.  It ran for an hour last night without a crash, but the Med/Sci area worked fine for me last time too.
66493420efadb
The new NVScript.osm fixed the bug right up! Thank you Nameless Voice.

66493420efef9Enchantermon

66493420eff56
A couple things:

First of all, I just remembered this, and a run into Engineering with the mod active confirmed it: in Cargo Bay 1A, right across from the doors which lead you into 1B, there is an aisle of boxes lined with five Protocol Droid crates and some goodies on a box at the end. There's a tripwire on the top of the box with the goodies that releases four of the droids, however if you mantle the box and grab the goodies without stepping forward, you won't spring the trap. This is probably also circumventable with Psi Pull, though I haven't tried it.

Second, as I was making my way to the Cargo Bays, I encountered the bug where moving items in your inventory changes the object icon to a keycard (or nanites, CMs, or nothing) and then crashes the game. Was there ever a reason found for that? It only happened in Engineering 1, disappeared when I changed levels, and reappeared when I came back. Replacing your eng1.mis with the original eng1.mis fixed it.

Third, I also encountered the bullet casings falling off of the player when a hacked turret was firing.

66493420f008bNameless Voice

66493420f00da
1) Using Psi Pull to avoid a trap seems fair.  I guess I could make the tripwire a little bigger?

2) A bug in the way SS2 handle memory for graphics - it's freeing the memory for the cursors while it's still using it, causing a crash.

66493420f020cEnchantermon

66493420f0261
1. That or scoot it closer to the edge. Either should do the trick.

2. Ah. That makes sense, as further testing showed it happening when there were a lot of textures on the screen. Unfortunate, but relatively avoidable. Pretty much breaks my regular junk storage in Engineering, though.

Since I have a game going, I'll go ahead and finish it out, letting you know if I find anything else. A couple more surfaced, actually.

In Grassi's e-mail to Polito in the Mess Hall on Ops, the first word, "Doc," is not present in the audio recording.

Also, I've always thought it strange that the Red Assassins, whom Malick instructed to "stay away from strangers," would come looking for you if you corner them and run away. It seems to me that his log would indicate that he programmed them to run and defend themselves if cornered, but not to pursue. I know Thief servants can be (and usually are) set to flee to a designated point and cower there; couldn't the same be done for the Reds?

66493420f0307Nameless Voice

66493420f0352
2. Telliamed wrote a patch to stop the crashes, but it was unfinished.  I must ask him what happened to it.

If the assassins were set to flee, then they wouldn't attack at all.

66493420f0423Enchantermon

66493420f046e
2. Cool, thanks. :)

Hmm. I know you can change metaproperties with tripwires; is there not a way you can set them to flee to a designated point and then when they reach it, defend their position from where they stand?
If not, what about making them attack, but then keeping them from traveling a certain distance from the flee point (or keeping them from leaving a designated area)?
« Last Edit: 26. October 2009, 06:35:41 by Enchantermon »

66493420f052cNameless Voice

66493420f057c
All three assassins already run away when they see the player?  They only stop to fight when you chase them down?

The first assassin runs to the room with the conference table, the second assassin runs into the room with the falling barrel traps, and the third assassin runs to the control room past the brig?

66493420f06b0Enchantermon

66493420f06fd
Yes. But after you chase them down, if you pop into their sight and then duck behind a column or a doorway, they'll come looking for you, allowing you to ambush them. The way Malick's log reads, they shouldn't be coming after you at all. The should want to stay away from you.
Take the one in the conference room, for example. You chase him down and he runs into the corner of the room. You step into the doorway, let him see you and start throwing stars, then duck outside of the doorway. He will come to find you. From Malick's log, it seems as if he would stay put, only attacking if someone steps into the room.
66493420f07e7
Staying in the same room after you saw them would make the assassins static and lifeless. Also you have to know where someone is, to hide/stay away effectively.

66493420f086aNameless Voice

66493420f08b6
People can't find you if they're dead.

66493420f0e0fEnchantermon

66493420f0e69
Staying in the same room after you saw them would make the assassins static and lifeless.
If that's the case, then what I'm asking would seem to be impossible. I didn't know if it was or not, which is why I asked.
Also you have to know where someone is, to hide/stay away effectively.
True, but each of the assassins flee to a dead end with only one entrance, so even if they fled to one spot and stayed there, even if they don't know where an enemy is, they know that if they cannot see him, he's not there. When he enters, becoming visible to the assassin, that would trigger a defensive posture in the form of fighting and/or trying to flee around the threat.
People can't find you if they're dead.
True. If you're trying to conserve ammo, though, it's hard to get up close to an assassin, especially when you have to maneuver around things like the conference table, making you defenseless until you reach your target. The current setup makes it easier to just camp outside the door until the assassin comes to you.
66493420f0f79
I have played this game for quite a bit without ADoaB, and no crashes.

Next time I will play with ADoaB but without the ADoaB tacticool pistol replacement.

66493420f1027Enchantermon

66493420f107b
In Pod 1 on the Rickenbacker, there's a card-locked door behind which is a hallway that takes you to Nacelles A and B and Pod 2. The locked card slots on each side of that door are both automatically green instead of red.

66493420f14c7weirwood

Re: SS2 Straylight ADaoB v0.2.9
66493420f151c
Nice to see this mod is still going strong after all those years.

Also:

"-broken shotgun ammo moved to hybrid inventory (so you don't have to drop your gun when your inv. is full)"

Best.  Mod.  Ever.

I stole that idea from SecMod, IIRC. :)
(Admittedly, it was my idea in the first place.)
But one of you two implemented it in ADaOB, I just explained the steps.

I totally claim credit for this! :thumbwink:

Quote by weirwood
How about letting the shotgun hybrids simply drop 1 slug, instead of the broken shotgun? Because having to empty those shotguns is just an annoyance for the player, especially when you don't have much space in the inventory.(...) Or, alternatively, let them retain the shotgun, but make it empty and put a seperate slug in their inventory.

66493420f160dEnchantermon

66493420f165b
By the way...why is it that every time you hack one of the Rick's ceiling-mounted turrets Xerxes spouts off two different numbers at once? Ignoring the fact that Xerxes shouldn't really be in control of the Rick's systems anyway, it makes no sense for him to give two different numbers at once, especially since he doesn't do it when you hack the floor-mounted turrets on the Rick.

66493420f1a71Nameless Voice

66493420f1ac6
I totally claim credit for this! :thumbwink:

Hah, go ahead, though I'm quite sure I came up with the idea as well, after unloading dropping one of my guns to pick up a hybrid's shotgun and take the shell out before dropping it again and picking my own gun back up, for the umpteenth time.

By the way...why is it that every time you hack one of the Rick's ceiling-mounted turrets Xerxes spouts off two different numbers at once?

Because someone forgot to tick "don't inherit", so they have the Turret script twice!  Will be fixed in the next release.

66493420f1ce2Rainalkar

66493420f1d44
That was a great change :thumbwink:

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Replicator restrictions are in place for the good of whom?:
1 Guest is here.
Cyberspace is her world, and you a worthless intruder.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
66493420f1e54