663aaa0bbf954

663aaa0bbff40
1 Guest is here.

Topic: SS2 System Shock Infinite 2.4
Page: « 1 ... 15 [16] 17 ... 37 »
Read 186226 times  

Re: SS2 System Shock Infinite
663aaa0bc0835
See this gets rid of one of the biggest gripes I had where 'off type' weapons were completely no-sold in spite of logic dictating a grenade to the face being able to do something
663aaa0bc0d94
See this gets rid of one of the biggest gripes I had where 'off type' weapons were completely no-sold in spite of logic dictating a grenade to the face being able to do something

More on the debuff system. Unfavored weapon types cause partial damage and debuffs, not completely unlike firing a low power plasmid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb0GNXkjLMo

I should have released patch 1.8 when the first update was complete, I am basically working on three patches at the same time. Next one might be very well be Infinite 2.0. By the way, random Goggles dialogue that might or might not make its way into the remade memories. Something I would really like to do, is having a couple early videos where Goggles speaks to Polito through a monitor.

They are evolving. Continuously changing themselves, searching for a system that can cope with any situation.

Away team to bridge. Bridge, the simulation units have been secured. But there's something wrong with the mutinees... (professional)

Who knows, if we're even dead or alive anymore? (scifi mood)

Captain, in the past three years I've lived more than most people do in a lifetime. No matter what happens... it was an honor serving under you, sir. (military)

I don't understand, doctor. The instruments detect nothing outside the pocket. Absolutely nothing. (puzzled)

Nah, it would take forever like that. Let me get my cyberdeck ready and I'll get us out of here in no time! (assertive)

Callsign: Goggles. Private first class. Service number G65434-2. Date of birth: July 4, 2080. I'd better memorize this fast. (defiant)

All good things must come to an end, Sarah. Thank you for taking care of us. (sad)

Captain, she has taken over the hyperdrive! We can't shut her down from this side! (shaken)

Don't worry, doctor *cough*: I'm sure we'll meet again... in the next life. (wounded)

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My mind is my own! (angry)

Sarah, we beg of you...! Give us another chance! (shouting\begging)
663aaa0bc0f0a
i noticed it was so much shodan voice loop
so i cleaned a bit letting spaces betwen her voice bit longer
tell me if this is better than the 1st version

[cyberspacev2.mp3 expired]
663aaa0bc1343
Here's a video of the second Cyberspace map: the theme for this one is "heat". Compared to the first one, here the corridors are narrower, and many more.

Just to recap what's happening on screen: purple spheres are mines; purple triangles shoot you; green spheres are mines that need to be hacked instead of shot; blue triangles are audio logs; yellow squares are ICE nodes which most of the time reward a cybermodule (and few times explode harmlessly); the green Shodan is a memory encryption routine that you need to beat with the ICE Rapier weapon. You have 3 minutes and 20 seconds to collect the rapier and bust Shodan, else the hacking fails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM4rY4flIFA

tell me if this is better than the 1st version

I like both, but this one fits better for what I have in mind. Thanks a lot!  :thumb:

663aaa0bc149cChandlermaki

663aaa0bc14ee
I highly doubt it's necessary at this point, but if you need any more voice talent, I'd love to do some dialogue for you!
663aaa0bc1754
I highly doubt it's necessary at this point, but if you need any more voice talent, I'd love to do some dialogue for you!

Thank you, I could use a backup for the voice actors! Why don't you record yourself speaking and send me a sample?
663aaa0bc1851
I am assuming testing was done without having a gun?
663aaa0bc1bb1
The third map of Cyberspace is smaller than the previous, but would still require superhuman speed to 100% it. It is comprised of a hub and four dungeons, and makes use of the green sphere (which now is just a lock, no more kill on contact).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVxN1MSZnok

I am assuming testing was done without having a gun?

Yes, the main road from start to exit requires no fighting. Spying around for cybermodules you would probably want to shoot some mines down.

edit About the Korenchkin dialogue. When he thanks you for choosing the right tear, it's just the octopus talking. When he contacts you through the levels, demanding you sabotage Shodan's quest, it's an event: i.e. at the end of Hydroponics A, there's this large pool room littered with corpses which now hosts the air regulator. You loot everything, enter the vial into the regulator, and Korenchkin appears while one by one, the corpses rise and attack you (like slightly slower pipe hybrids).

edit2 Maybe I should have added a touch of yellow to this one. I'll keep a full blue level for map 4, which is small but quite detailed.
« Last Edit: 27. July 2014, 01:30:29 by xdiesp »
Acknowledged by: unn_atropos

663aaa0bc1ce0remyabel

663aaa0bc1d3a
Very minor oversight, but if you drag the power cell onto the power recharging station in the first section, it won't break, giving you a free battery.
663aaa0bc1ed3
remyabel: thank you very much! :thumb: I will fix that in the next patch.

Here's a video from the 4th cyberspace level. It's medium sized, aquamarine themed and combat oriented. A new enemy is introduced: the green triangles, that shoot laser and require hacking to be shut off (but they can also be destroyed by the ICE Rapier).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApftdDT7zXQ

Also, here's beta version 2 of that fanart.
663aaa0bc20c7
There's more media about the 5th map of Cyberspace: aquamarine with a couple space rooms (shown below) and a psychedelic ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y78qQH2A5MY

In the wireframe pic, you can see how the SS1 map looked like before the "trondrian" treatment. The crosshair is currently enabled to allow headshots, on targets with a head at least.
663aaa0bc220c
the perfect system shock 2

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
663aaa0bc2587
Cyb5_3.jpg

Psychedelic!  :thumb:
663aaa0bc26e9
The theme of this 6th map of cyberspace is a riff on the black & white parts from the previous map. A new enemy is introduced: the red spheres aka cyberdogs, which follow you (a pack of 4 modified swarms). Now, the final 2 maps of Cyberspace are supposed to be green tinted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls5wjFz8dd8
663aaa0bc2c0b
Here's a video from the 7th map of Cyberspace: this and the next\last one are LCD themed, green and black streaks with white breaks. The news is that some of the shards become hostile now (aka the "frozen" people). Shards use sounds from the beta grunts and are a variant of the Korenchkin minions (corpses that pop up unexpectedly).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7aMPXSHe8

The video has been taken later than usual, down in the development process, so you can see later touches such as the sound snippets and chip pickup. All that really remains is to add some floating binary code. If you squint, you'll see that entities have Shocked-themed names: items are Data Traps; hackable buttons are Switch Links; roaming mines are Tripwire Links; turrets are Destroy Traps, Slay Traps and Terminate Traps; tracking balls are Follow Signals. Also I finally changed the ICE rapier and crystal shard to no longer use auras, so you have to physically bash swarms and algorithms in the face (P.S. the time limit for Cyberspaces is now 5 minutes).

It's funny, these 8 maps are essentially born out of a request by Xerxes, about the QBRMs. Another suggestion I have to implement, is adding more humans to the decks: so in the Marie timeline, the safehouses will be manned by 2 friendlies; instead in the Shodan one, random hostile marines will spawn. Check these new lines by Shephard:

> Videos
- "I'm afraid we are too late, Marie. Damn! There HAS to be a way to save these people."
- "Aye Aye, 'Captain'."
- "A choice is better than none. No matter what the outcome."
- "It's almost as if we had a guardian angel."
- "Stand by, chroniton surge detected in the shuttle bays. Captain, it's another tear! Entropy levels are rising: entropy level two! Three! SIX! Oh my God: at this rate, the Von Braun will be torn apart!"
- "14 years ago..."
- "They are evolving. Continuously changing, searching for a system that can cope with any situation."
- "Away team to bridge: all simulation units have been secured. But something is wrong..."
- "Who knows, if we're even dead or alive anymore?"
- "Captain, in the past three years I've lived more than most people do in a lifetime. No matter what happens... it was an honor serving under you, sir."
- "Doctor Delacroix, the instruments detect nothing outside the pocket. Absolutely nothing."
- "Nah... let me get my cyberdeck ready. I'll get us out of here in no time!"
- "Callsign: Goggles. Private first class. Service number G65434-2. Date of birth: July 4, 2080. I'll better memorize this fast."
- "All good things must come to an end, Sarah."
- "Captain, the hyperdrive is being reprogrammed! We can't shut her down!"
- "Don't worry, doctor *cough*: I'm sure we'll meet again... in the next life."
- "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My mind is my own!"
- "Sarah, give us another chance!"

> Tutorials

- "Humm, I could use Mary's help with this lock."
- "I need to find a way to get past the algorithm, but first I have to track it down."
- "Lieutenant, switch your weapons with an assault rifle. The entropy levels rising inside of the Tear Space would just break them into electrons."

> Extended tutorials

- "I see... then I should probably find a way to slow these thing down, and go for a headshot."
- "Got it. Energy weapons are ineffective against personnel, but they can leave one electrocuted and vulnerable to a second attack."
- "Convenient. These grenades pack a punch: even if the napalm wasn't effective already, the blast alone would send any target flying."
- "Thank you, Mary. Not only are psionic attacks powerful, but they can also make targets slow and easy to stun."
- "Ammunition is getting scarce, maybe we should just use PSI and keep these hard-hitters under control."
- "We must hurry, then: if my instruments are to be trusted, we have less than 6 hours before the next reboot."
« Last Edit: 09. August 2014, 16:43:37 by xdiesp »

663aaa0bc3011unn_atropos

663aaa0bc3083
The enemy you hack at ca 2:53: does it represent a turret in the real world?
663aaa0bc33c2
The enemy you hack at ca 2:53: does it represent a turret in the real world?

No, Xerxes' voice there gives the wrong impression (guess I should remove it). :\ I think the idea is brilliant, also easy to implement, but I wouldn't know how to justify it: you're not hacking Xerxes, but your brain (on another Goggles).
663aaa0bc35ed
Here's a video of the 8th level of Cyberspace: the map is medium sized, themed around a variation of the "heat" theme from level 2, and gameplay is all about the hostile shards. The "Power Node" item can be seen, which is found a single time in every cyberspace map (it's a single use recharger). You might notice the logs are the same from map 7, as that map's video was taken before the maps were switched around.

This is the last new map of cyberspace (as there's 8 old rigs to hack), but I'm going to update the old ones as well. Those are the "14 years ago" flashback, the final SS2 level, the earth finale and the dojo level. That's 8 + 4 levels set in Cyberspace for a single playthrough. Now I have to make 8 maps of tearspace as well... which is really the timeline selector sequence, a basic teamplate in 8 variations in the "white void" theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7x0jsZOIQyo

edit Added preview pictures of the tear sequence.
« Last Edit: 12. August 2014, 00:28:36 by xdiesp »
663aaa0bc3833
If you have ever played the mod or watched the trailer, you know that jumping into a "tear in protoreality" means briefly accessing cyberspace to bring back a timeline where the crew has been saved. In 2.0 you can choose between three timelines instead, favoring either crew or Shodan or the Many. This is a video of the first of these "crossroads", used for debugging (I already switched some textures and "The path to" is now "A path to"): the map features a "white void" theme, a new line by Shephard, and music by Xerxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jlxySg4DiE
663aaa0bc3d0e
All 8 tear maps are now complete: below you have a video of the BOTM one. As you can see, the white void part is shared (save for the colors and voiceover) while the reality part is unique. The colored cubes are now "Quantum Tesseracts" (subbed "click to unfold"!) which reward cybermodules, so there's something to do other than ziplining to the exit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOC8vq3PPzQ
663aaa0bc3e38
When unfolding the cubes a higher sound plays when the number of modules received is actually lower. It sounds like you got something special, contradicting what happens. I'd switch these sounds.

If you're feeling ambitious the cubes could actually unfold, like an origami trick. ;)
663aaa0bc421a
When unfolding the cubes a higher sound plays when the number of modules received is actually lower. It sounds like you got something special, contradicting what happens. I'd switch these sounds.

If you're feeling ambitious the cubes could actually unfold, like an origami trick. ;)

Yes, I'll change the cybermodules: the tesseracts were supposed to look different, but the red variant looked too much like cells (I also had to solve a problem with the inner cube asynching) and the alternative wireframe look wasn't appreciated either.

663aaa0bc439eunn_atropos

663aaa0bc43ff
How about adding a "Atlas shrugged" reference to the guy on the last picture? :)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-C6zquEQ2RxU/UanQ25nKopI/AAAAAAAAAqM/ywyWxfMtiXY/s1600/atlas3.jpg

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

In which year was System Shock 2 released:
1 Guest is here.
“I'm not sure about the flurry of activity,” she said. “To us, that's a pretty normal day.”
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
663aaa0bc4570