665b04fb121ac

665b04fb131a7
1 Guest is here.

Topic: "We Happy Few" (Upcoming game) Read 782 times  

665b04fb1379a
Had my eyes on this for quite a while but always deemed it too ambitious. Apparently it's close to leaving early access and maybe they pulled it off after all...

Story trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJvxwlugmcA

This one also presents some gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jImtLDRnBU
« Last Edit: 14. July 2018, 21:36:32 by fox »
665b04fb13a20
Some relevant information:

The developers commented on difficulties distinguishing the game from BioShock in the public eye,[8] and though Provost said he was "flattered" by the comparison, he argued it was never a "prime influencer".

first person

Roguelike elements [including semi-procedural level design and permadeath]

The gameplay appears to be a mix of stealth, combat, survival (including p.hardcore stuff like sleep and hunger), exploration, and what I'll call social stealth (attempting to blend in with factions by not revealing your true identity).

So, indeed somewhat ambitious. The roguelike elements are a bit of a major turn off, but I'll think I'll keep an open mind about the game for now.

Edit: watched the second video. Even acknowledging they have very similar settings and this is fine, the game does nonetheless seem very Bioshock inspired.
« Last Edit: 14. July 2018, 22:52:30 by Join »
665b04fb13da5
Edit: watched the second video. Even acknowledging they have very similar settings and this is fine, the game does nonetheless seem very Bioshock inspired.
Yes, many similarities but that doesn't need to be a bad thing with a few differences in the right places.

665b04fb13ec4icemann

665b04fb13f12
This was briefly banned in my country due to the drug use present. The developers themselved turned up to contest this (which cost $10,000) and had it overturned.
Acknowledged by: fox
665b04fb14050
Well, the game launched now but the majority of reviewers are not overjoyed. Many point out that the world buidling is pretty good but the gameplay mechanics are not much fun.

Edit:
RPS: "Wot I Think: We Happy Few"
« Last Edit: 19. August 2018, 13:48:37 by fox »
Acknowledged by: Join
1 Guest is here.
that has not been thought through thoroughly though
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665b04fb1413d