665caf777423a

665caf7774e72
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Editing Shotgun Shells Read 621 times  

665caf7775510RayDaug

665caf777557c
Hey everyone, long time listener, first time caller (I've tried to register an account abut the confirmation email won't seem to send). I really appreciate how you guys have continued to support this game over the years. The fact that a modding forum for a game released in 199 is still alive and well in 2020 is a testament to both the game and the community.

Anyway, would anyone be able to give me a sense of how difficult it would be to swap the rifled slugs and anti-personnel shells for the shotgun? It always bothered me how the shotgun, for the most part, is just a better pistol. I want to make the shotgun the close range weapon to maintain the pistol/assault rifles mid to long range identity. I also wanted the shotgun hybrids to reflect this by shooting pellets instead of slugs as well. However, I've never even cracked open ShockED. Is this something that can be accomplished via editing item table numbers? Or would this be a more complex and involved processes than it sounds in my head?

Thanks

665caf77756d8voodoo47

665caf7775728
editing projectiles is fairly simple, but you would have to learn some editor basics.

we can activate your account manually if you aren't receiving the confirmation email (checked the spam/trash folder?).
[slugs.png expired]
665caf7775880
We will need the name of the account though.

665caf777596fRayDaug

665caf77759bb
The account name is RayDaug, what I'm using now to post minus the underscore. Nothing in my spam folder.

So, for the most part, I seems like I can accomplish what I would want to do by editing items numbers? How does that effect the shotgun hybrids? Would I have to edit their projectile that they are shooting pellets or changing the properties of the rifles shells accomplish that?

665caf7775a8evoodoo47

665caf7775add
yeah. this kind of edit would be perfect for a dml mod.
[slugs2.png expired]

665caf7775ba3RayDaug

665caf7775bf0
Alright, thanks! I'll get reading then get working. My goal is to make the shotgun more of a specialized, up-close weapon (maybe I'll make the rifled slugs to anti-armor?) and to make Shotgun hybrids more threatening to approach to melee. Thanks for the help.
1 Guest is here.
London can be fucken nasty, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665caf7775f43