665c677e0ee67

665c677e0f95e
1 Guest is here.

665c677e0fd8eScaled_One

665c677e0fe00
as the title says,  at random times while playing (though typicly when i'm at the first bulkhead trying to drag the battery to the slot so I can open the bulkhead) dragging anything from the inventory screen anywhere (even to another section of the inventory screen) causes the whole game to crash. Typicly when this happens the drag icon looks like a keycard, but i've had this happen when repeatedly accessing the inventory screen with other items as well (such as unloading guns or trying to rearrange items).

Single Core Processer
Used DDfix to get 1280x800 resolution
Happens reguardless on if i'm using mods or a 'vanilla' installation
Used SStool for audio fix, cutscene patch (they still won't work, so i just renamed the cutscene folder to skip 'em... oddly enough crystine's cutscenes for ponterbee work fine)
I've made sure that compatability mode is turned off (because with compatability mode turned on i get a black screen).

Also used sstool's multiplayer patch if that makes any difference.

Lastly this  appears to have not happened during a 'vanilla' 'install' with just an unzipping of the HotU version, and there appears to be no error log I can post excerpts from.

665c677e0ffa7Nameless Voice

665c677e0fff7
Happens in ShockEd, always has.  Also happens in the most recent versions of ADaOB, even in the game.
It's a bug.  No known fix yet.

665c677e100a3Scaled_One

665c677e10111
No known workaround? Pity, because it happens essentially every time I try restarting. Usually doens't happen on earth.mis (but has on occasion).

665c677e101bcNameless Voice

665c677e10205
It seems to happen when you have too many custom high-resolution textures loaded.  Uninstalling SHTUP is a potential workaround (yuck).

665c677e102afScaled_One

665c677e10304
The thing is at this moment all I have installed is secmod 2.7, which I had done after testing with a vanilla install (sans mod manager). after loading secmod even if I roll back to using bare bones it goes all crashy. Very not happy.
665c677e1045b
SecMod and ADaoB share a few assets. If you can live without these mods you can still run SHTUP.
Did you do the rollback with the mod manager? Would be interesting if fails to restore any files.

665c677e105a0Scaled_One

665c677e105fc
That's where it fails, when I tell mod manager to do a rollback. It SEEMS to take things back to stock, but I still get the bug. The whole point was I wanted to run secmod, since it seems to take what I'd considered a game I'd beaten into the ground (yes even with christine's wonderful additions) and breath a little more life into it.

Might try dropping secmod into the patch directory.
1 Guest is here.
The legacy of the Radium Girls lives on through the ripples that their deaths created in labor law and our scientific understanding of the effects of radioactivity.
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665c677e1152f