665c538e3a804

665c538e3b4b8
1 Guest is here.

Topic: Win XP SS2 Tool Problem Read 1045 times  

665c538e3b9c8
Hello all,

I still remember reading about SS2 10 years ago and thinking 'yeah, I wanna play that!' which I never did because I didn't want to buy the censored German version... well, now, FINALLY I got the English version.

From what I've read and seen here (great site and forum by the way) I decided to play the game with SHTUP and therefore tried to make it mod ready with the SS2 Tool, but, tada, there is a problem.

I followed the SS2 technical FAQ and just copied the 'shock' folder. (I can run the game at this state already, without videos / cutscenes, though. I will try to fix this according to the cutscenes guide, but right now there is another issue.)
When running the SS2 Tool (v 2.9.1.) I can install the 'patching up' and 'bug fixes' options without problems, but as soon as I install 'getting Mod Ready' the game causes an error and quits when I try to run it. So I can't install SHTUP, which is kind of a shame, I guess =(.

Does anybody have a solution for this issue? I am sorry if there is a treally obvious solution already posted somewhere around here, I tried to find my way but didn't stumble across it.

665c538e3bba3
Could you post the error message?
665c538e3bd3c
Hello,

the error message was the standard "the application xyz has caused an error and has to be terminated" kind, but -and this is kind of embarassing- I tried to reproduce the problem to get the exact error message for you by only installing the "getting mod ready" option, and now it's working for some reason. I also installed SHTUP, the bug fixes and patched up and judging from the 2 minutes I have been running around in the intro section evereything seems fine.

I still got no videos after going through the problem solving steps though, but I think there is a pretty simple explanation. The 'cutscenes' folder in 'data' is empty, so I guess my used copy is actually just some sort of bootleg or whatever. : (

665c538e3c224Enchantermon

665c538e3c279
The 'cutscenes' folder in 'data' is empty, so I guess my used copy is actually just some sort of bootleg or whatever. : (
Quite possibly. If you want to give the videos another try, there's a torrent of just them here.
You also may want to look into finding a clean copy of the game just in case yours is bugged. If you don't want to pay for it again, you could always search for a download.
1 Guest is here.
There's more than one way to skin a cat!
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665c538e3cde2