3 Guests are here.

Topic: SS2 Arcaniac Graphics Pack Reduxed
Page: « 1 2 [3] 4 ... 6 »
Read 147988 times  

665b4b151c2f0
Pretty much my assumptions. But I got no more details either. vov

665b4b151c3ebMortisrose

665b4b151c44d
Strangely even with the broken texture in the assassin skin, I think it looks better than the "fixed" version without the holes. It really looks like something out of a nightmare.

665b4b151c568Chandlermaki

665b4b151c5c0
Yeah, me and leaf thought it was like cammo.

665b4b151c6ceSilencer150

665b4b151c71b
Yeah, I assumed the assassins were done that way on purpose, so that they'd be partially transparent.  I thought it was a nice touch regardless.

Anyway, I wanted to say that I actually like this mod better than its Rebirth predecessor, which I had been using for quite some time.  All the models look very professionally done, and the appearances of various types of crew members finally reflect their jobs.  I do have one minor bug to report though: The models for the dead soldiers seem to have this odd-looking elongated finger / spike sticking out of the backs of their left hands.  Does anyone know why this occurs?
665b4b151c868
How ever fond this model pack. Thanks very much!!!! Its alot beter then Rebith. :smiley:  :thumbwink: 
[/sup][/td][/tr][/table]

665b4b151c9b3Autologic

665b4b151ca03
i want to combine the enemy models from this mod with the other stuff from Rebirth, SHTUP, and DFB's sound upgrade.  how would i go about doing that?   i mainly want to keep the models for the hybrids and the dead bodies from this mod but i don't want the models for the weapons.  i'd like to keep the old model for the assault rifle and some other guns.

edit:  ok, i noticed that rebirth is only enemy models, and arcaniac graphics pack reduxed is enemy models models and weapons.  i guess i could just delete the obj and objicon folders from arcaniac gfx pack reduxed.  i'd really like to be able to keep all the robot and midwife models from rebirth though.  infact all i really want from arcaniac gfx pack is the hybrid and dead body models.   could someone tell me the filenames of those models so i can overwrite those over the ones in rebirth?
« Last Edit: 25. April 2008, 17:04:50 by Autologic »

665b4b151cb44miracle.flame

665b4b151cb93
This is exactly what you're looking for.   :thumbwink:
665b4b151cc76
Why do cyber assanens have big see frow holes in them. ?

665b4b151cd27miracle.flame

665b4b151cd73
That is a bug but some call it a feature. You CAN fix it.

665b4b151ce11Visitor

665b4b151ce64
Hello, and sorry if I bother you, but when I play with the Arcaniac graphic pack, my game crashed when I reached the Command Deck. Do you have this problem to?
665b4b151d2ad
Since mk asked for it, here's the version of Arcaniac's Redux graphics pack the way he initially released it, that is this version contains a lot stuff that exist updated versions of in other mods and it has quite a few bugs: http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=5QAGUTMQ
Consider this an Alpha version compared to the Beta that can be found in the first post.

665b4b151d46dOutsider

665b4b151d4bb
I've tested this along with the revamped mis-mod and I must say I really like this mod!
I've yet to see the midwifes, some of the many, and the assassins, but so far I'm having no problems at all (thanks to the modmanager, I guess).
As far as I've seen this one I really really like it. Much better than Rebirth and apparently much less known also?

What I like most about it is that scientists now actually look like scientists, engineers like engineers etc.  :thumbwink:

Work on this mod isn't continued either, is it?

665b4b151d566Pidesco

665b4b151d5b6
Hiya.

From all the info I've found here, there's no reason anymore for this mod to be incompatible with ADAOB. However, the mod manager flags this mod as incompatible with ADAOB and SHTUP. Is there something I'm missing.

665b4b151d67bmiracle.flame

665b4b151d6cc
ADAOB and SHTUP both contain some minor textures of the same files that are in this mod. However there should be no big deal by merging them albeit the warning. You will probably never find the difference.

665b4b151d90cLordYupa

665b4b151d95b
This is head, shoulders, and the majority of a torso over Rebirth.  Easily the best graphical improvement for the game.  Is there any possibility that we will see another version with the missing enemies redone?  I'd kill to see an Arcaniac rumbler!  (And if you do, please keep the eyeless beak face.  The rumbler from Rebirth looked like a muppet)
665b4b151dd96
A texture with transparent holes is probably not on purpose. It happens easily in dark when you mix up the color palette.
I will fix that soon. Thanks for the hint miraclefreak!

May I ask if this has ever been done?

665b4b151e0e4ZylonBane

665b4b151e13b
May I ask if this has ever been done?

Yes, textures have been fixed.

665b4b151e1ffencefalocardia

665b4b151e24e
Im trying to apply this mod with the ss2 mod manager, the weapons and models indeed change, but Im not seeing those glass doors nor the modified room in the first security room. I tried deactivating all my mods and activating only this one, but no luck. Am I doing something wrong?
665b4b151e39d
As I said a few times in this thread, this mod used to contain parts of other mods that have been taken out due to bugs, redundancy and because in many cases the original mods have been updated in the mean time. The glass doors for example were taken from HiTorque's complete Med/Sci changes. They're not part of this mod any more.
I know the screenshots are somewhat misleading as they've never been updated, sorry for that.

665b4b151e44fencefalocardia

665b4b151e49b
I see. I wanted to have that because I used to play the thinstalled version of system shock 2 wich had the glass doors and other things, I liked that but the thinstalled version was very unstable (including game breaking bugs) so I tried to recreate that version via mods.

Your name:
This box must be left blank:

Name the AI in System Shock 2 that shares its name with a Persian king:
3 Guests are here.
killing time until it returns the favor
Contact SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies
FEEP
665b4b151e5c4